Welcome Back Coach Garner!

muxi87

Solid hire with outstanding recruiting ties in many areas. Very curious to see now who gets the nod to coach RBs and WRs...

Also since Garner is the Asst Head Coach, I expect another yet to be named hire to be selected as recruiting coordinator...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Solid hire with outstanding recruiting ties in many areas. Very curious to see now who gets the nod to coach RBs and WRs...

Also since Garner is the Asst Head Coach, I expect another yet to be named hire to be selected as recruiting coordinator...

Garner is also Recruiting Coordinator according to the announcement.

Can there be more than one recruiting coordinator? (I thought they said he was that too.)

I am very happy with this hire. This team is looking like it can be something fierce in the enar future. I am very happy with the way things have gone. WDE

Edit: LOL around4ever answered my question while i was slowly typing it--haha =p

Can there be more than one recruiting coordinator? (I thought they said he was that too.)

I am very happy with this hire. This team is looking like it can be something fierce in the enar future. I am very happy with the way things have gone. WDE

Edit: LOL around4ever answered my question while i was slowly typing it--haha =p

Some kind of Doctor Who reference? :poke:

This was a quote from someone - "So Rodney Garner played at auburn, coached there once before and now is back. Does that make him RG... III?"

Man, the amount of "butthurt" is high with the UGA fan base right now... :jump:

They are saying it's not a big loss and he's dirty and all that... :rollin:

TONS of butthurt over at the AJC Blogs.... :nopityA:

hahaha leave me alone--hunt and peck makes me look dyslexic in the morning!! LOL

:lmao:

CGM is at the plate, a slider is pitched to the outside corner and "BANG".....it's a hit, going, going, going, it is outa here!!!! A homerun hire!!!!!!! This is AUsome!!!! Welcome home CRG!!!!!

:bananadance::wareagle::party::clap::punk::wedance::cheer::hail:

We NEEDED this hire. Finally, an A-Plus recruiter! This staff is finally starting to show some recruiting prowess. I still wish he would bring back Trooper and Luper. Then we would have the finest recruiting staff in the country.

Finally? We have THREE A-Plus recruiters on the defensive side of the ball now.

With the hiring of Garner and Harbison, from what I've read, two of the best recruiters in the country, I have several questions for the board:

1. How will this affect our current class?

2. How will affect our recruiting long term (if we keep them)

3. Is there any chance of garner coaching TE's and pulling in Rocker?

4. I read somewhere that Gus doesn't like recruiting, does this get him off the hook a little with having two very successful recruiters? (Obviously he still has to be apart of the recruiting process)

5. Considering that we needed a dramatic change, and we are getting it and Garner has a relationship with Jay Jacobs, does jay get lett off the hook a little for past screw ups? Does he get any credit if things get turned around?

Just now getting in on the fun...

I'm sure we still have a lot of unhappy campers around here(oxford ,that means you) but I ,for one, am thrilled with this hire. The guy has recruiting connections all over the south and it appears he's a more-than-competent Dline coach.

@KevinScarbinsky: Rodney Garner on Smashmouth: Met Gus Malzahn for the first time in the last week. Blown away by him and his mission statement.

@KevinScarbinsky: Rodney Garner on Smashmouth: His mom still has an Auburn vanity plate on her car. GrannyG.

@KevinScarbinsky: Rodney Garner on Smashmouth: Three pictures above his grandmother's mantel ... Jesus, Martin Luther King Jr., Pat Dye. Dye in the middle.

I guess the time was right for him to come home...

Although CGM was not my preference, I am very impressed with his coaching hires and his focus on building a quality and highly regarded defensive staff. That signals to me that he understands the importance of having a strong defense and better yet, retaining our recruiting class which is heavy on the defensive side of the ball. Bringing back R Foster should be a priority not only because he is so ggod but because he was so pro-Auburn. We need him back in the fold so we can pick up where we left off bringing in a top class. WDE!

hahaha leave me alone--hunt and peck makes me look dyslexic in the morning!! LOL

:lmao:

I thought this was what the future was called after the Mayan calendar ended. I'm going for burgers and beer in the enar future.

So no one knows anything about the Lawson Garner relationshiop that may keep Lawson from coming? What is the issue with them?

There isn't an issue.

So no one knows anything about the Lawson Garner relationshiop that may keep Lawson from coming? What is the issue with them?

There isn't an issue.

Ok thanks just wondering because some at TOS was saying that there is... Hearing that he doesn't know right now who is number 1 choice is and that he may take visits after signing day. I have to believe that Tenn and Thig are trying really hard on this one.

Guys, if Garner is going to be the DL coach, that pretty much tells us that Rocker has chosen to remain in the NFL. Had Garner been announced as the TE and special teams coach, that would have left a place for Tracy. If we could have only one of them, Garner is clearly the top choice. Both can coach DL. Garner has an extensive recruiting network all over the southeast.

Archived