TigerEye24

1107912.jpg

John Bonney, S

Houston, TX

Ht: 6-0 | Wt: 182 | 40: 4.62

- Currently committed to Texas

- OV to Auburn 1/17

- Lead Recruiter: Melvin Smith

Offers: Texas* (Commit), Auburn, Baylor, California, Cincinnati, Houston, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Michigan State, NC State, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, SMU Stanford, TCU, Texas Tech, UCLA,Utah and Virginia, among others.

247Sports: 4*

Rivals: 3*

Scout: 4*

Rated as a safety, Bonney also has the skills to play corner once he gets to college. A versatile defensive back with a great frame and long arms. Will need to get stronger in the weight room, but has plenty of time for that. His biggest strength is his concentration and coverage abilities. He shows the knack for staying with receivers and getting a hand in to break up the pass. A natural cover guy with great instincts and good flexibility. - GP

http://auburn.scout....c=1&nid=6457052

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gVMZBPW4gc

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I realize it's a year early, but how many other offers does John have to this point.

Several including OSU, Okie State, OKLA, Baylor, LSWho and others.

• 1 month later...

This young man is very interested in Auburn. He and his parents made the 700 mile drive for a 1 day visit on Friday. The visit went great. He and his parents were very impressed. He is being recruited by Auburn in a dual role as a CB and Safety.

Houston, TX (Lamar)

Ht: 6-0.5 | Wt: 183

Melvin Smith lead recruiter

Highlights

This young man is very interested in Auburn. He and his parents made the 700 mile drive for a 1 day visit on Friday. The visit went great. He and his parents were very impressed. He is being recruited by Auburn in a dual role as a CB and Safety.

Houston, TX (Lamar)

Ht: 6-0.5 | Wt: 183

Melvin Smith lead recruiter

Highlights

Yeah E, that struck me as well. Not something you do just because an assistant coach asks you to.

This guy seems to be extremely high on Melvin Smith's list. Like his size and it always bodes well when a kid makes a 700 mile trip on his own dime. I believe he said we was gonna commit at the end of the summer. Hopefully we can reel this kid in

They do have outstanding coaching at Lamar, top notch, academics top notch, they're located a great part of the city --they just happen to be in the Houston Independent School District. I saw them play in the State final - 5Ad1 - and lord how hey got there! They're so small you feared for them.

They do have outstanding coaching at Lamar, top notch, academics top notch, they're located a great part of the city --they just happen to be in the Houston Independent School District. I saw them play in the State final - 5Ad1 - and lord how hey got there! They so small you feared for them.

Thanks for the report, Lol. How did Mr. Bonney look?

• 10 months later...

Also posted in the 1/17 OV thread:

@JHokanson: Houston (Tex.) safety and #Texas commit John Bonney has arrived on his visit to #Auburn

Also posted in the 1/17 OV thread:

@JHokanson: Houston (Tex.) safety and #Texas commit John Bonney has arrived on his visit to #Auburn

;D

Two stupids do not make a right...................britt/bird

Glad to see you're not 'too stupid' to admit when you're wrong.

:tease:

God your slow.... figure it out and do not try and.........................................numnuts allllllll around

Two stupids do not make a right...................britt/bird

Glad to see you're not 'too stupid' to admit when you're wrong.

:tease:

God your slow.... figure it out and do not try and.........................................numnuts allllllll around

:big:

Here golf, have another case..... B213_guinness_special_expor.png

:popcorn:/>

Hey Tipper. If there's Guinness going around I'm there

Archived