2014 4* S John Bonney (Texas signee)

TigerEye24

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anybody got a comment from Bonney? Did he like his visit, think it sucks here or is there any news at all?

Seen a couple places that it's going well but nothing concrete. FWIW he worn an AU windbreaker today. Recruits on OVs will not have official comments til they leave and they leave tomorrow.

With Bonney being a Texas commit he may not say anything when he leaves.

Expect the guy will have a lot to think about...a big decision to flip on his home-state team...would take some heat about it. But I'm sure he knows there is a serious opportunity for him at AU.

And Texas being his home state, if he were to flip from U of Texas it would probably be a late flip. If, and that's a big "if" he flips don't expect much until signing day.

I don't think a Texas kid flipping to AU would have the same explosive effect as Alabama kids flipping from/to AU/UAT or vice-versa. With a new coaching staff at Texas and Bonney being a DB I just don't see the outrage out there. Now, were Bonney the nation's #1 QB it might be a bit different.

I don't think a Texas kid flipping to AU would have the same explosive effect as Alabama kids flipping from/to AU/UAT or vice-versa. With a new coaching staff at Texas and Bonney being a DB I just don't see the outrage out there. Now, were Bonney the nation's #1 QB it might be a bit different.

Agreed........much bigger pond.

Yeah...that's true...Texas kids leave the state to play elsewhere all the time....I just get caught up in the "flip" response in Ala and Ga...which is usually traumatic for fans of the losing school.

There were some that weren't impressed with the Strong hire and the appearance of decommits could be very damaging. UT is worried about a few.

I do agree as well, but the earlier he flips (if) the longer he will have to listen to some in Texas who don't like that he flipped from Texas.

There were some that weren't impressed with the Strong hire and the appearance of decommits could be very damaging. UT is worried about a few.

And that's probably the reason for the secrecy of his OV til he arrived and if he were to flip it would likely be later than sooner.

And that's probably the reason for the secrecy of his OV til he arrived and if he were to flip it would likely be later than sooner.

pretty much.

The Bonney's had an awesome visit and as Dixie said they were blown away that many AU fans knew who John was.

^^^THIS^^^

Saw this kid play at the state 7 v7 last year. He had the best coverage skills of all the kids I watched play. Love to hear that he did come to AU for a visit. I have a couple of friends who's kids are big time recruits in the state. I tell all of them to at least visit AU if they have a chance. So glad Mr. Bonney made the visit. He came across as a very good cover corner. Did get crossed up a couple of times, but was fast enough to adjust and still make a play. Remember thinking that he'll have to fix that if he wants to play in the SEC. Also seemed like a kid that was very coachable and worked hard. Unlike some of the other big time recruits that were there.

On my trip to the tournament we did hit the original Salt Lick and it was AUsome.

The Bonney's had an awesome visit and as Dixie said they were blown away that many AU fans knew who John was.

^^^THIS^^^

We know our football

Another Texas commit split today..headed for TAMU. Strong off to a tough start it seems.

So if / when Bonney decides looks like staying at Tex might be a strong option. If not AU, I guess Baylor is good...prefer he go out of the SEC.

Another Texas commit split today..headed for TAMU. Strong off to a tough start it seems.

Do you think it might have anything to do with the tough rules he has given the players? It seems like some of these "high profile" players want to play by their own rules and CCS ain't having it.

Archived