4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

This may blow up in UAT's face. Both victims reported that their attackers left in a black SUV. None of attackers own a black SUV.

There are more people involved in this this. How many are UAT players..

I thought both victims were knocked unconscious.

yes me too.

Something's very fishy about this! But like always it will somehow disappear!!

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may blow up in UAT's face. Both victims reported that their attackers left in a black SUV. None of attackers own a black SUV.

There are more people involved in this this. How many are UAT players..

I thought both victims were knocked unconscious.

yes me too.

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20130212/NEWS/130219947/1007/news?p=3&tc=pg

The University of Alabama Police Department posted information about the two robberies that were reported Monday.

Both victims told officers that they were approached by men who asked to borrow a cigarette lighter, before striking them in the head, stealing their belongings and leaving in a dark-colored SUV, according to the UAPD.

The first victim said that the robbery took place at 12:35 a.m. Monday morning in the 800 block of Campus Drive, on the sidewalk near Paty Hall. The second student was robbed at 1:20 a.m. in the 200 block of Seventh Avenue, near the UA Mineral Institute building.

Both students told police that one robber had a dark complexion, a slim build and was around 6 feet to 6 feet, 2 inches tall. He was wearing a black wind suit and a red, beanie-style hat and possibly had dreadlocks. The second suspect had a medium to dark complexion, a stocky build, was of average height and wore blue jeans and a rain coat.

I don't know if this has been answered in this thread, but does anyone know who paid the bail on these guys? Other than Calloway, from what I read bail for the other 3 ranged from $55 grand to $65 grand, and I have also read that at least one of them---Williams---did not come from an upper income family. Calloway's bond I believe was 5 grand, so Peaches could most likely come up with the $500 to pay that. When I have asked this in the Bama boards, the only responses I get are along the lines of "they have family, you know." My response to that is that if they have family that can pony up 55-6500 bucks to post bond, then why are they mugging 2 fellow students and robbing one of his university card to buy snacks. They could just call mommy and/or daddy or other family member for the bucks for snacks. Is there a way to find out on the 'net who paid the bail?

I don't know if this has been answered in this thread, but does anyone know who paid the bail on these guys? Other than Calloway, from what I read bail for the other 3 ranged from $55 grand to $65 grand, and I have also read that at least one of them---Williams---did not come from an upper income family. Calloway's bond I believe was 5 grand, so Peaches could most likely come up with the $500 to pay that. When I have asked this in the Bama boards, the only responses I get are along the lines of "they have family, you know." My response to that is that if they have family that can pony up 55-6500 bucks to post bond, then why are they mugging 2 fellow students and robbing one of his university card to buy snacks. They could just call mommy and/or daddy or other family member for the bucks for snacks. Is there a way to find out on the 'net who paid the bail?

That would be on record at the jail. If they know someone with land in the county then that can serve as collateral with a % down, usually 10% if I remember from my LE days in AL. I'm sure someone would be willing to put up their trailer as collateral to get them out, lol.

It might be public record concerning the source of the bond money. It would probably just indicate the name of the bond company. Who paid the 10 % bond fee would not be public record. The families could have put their houses up as guarantees for the bail if they own houses, otherwise perhaps a booster....

When I have asked this in the Bama boards, the only responses I get are along the lines of "they have family, you know."

I've been the most irrate at some of the Bammers (a few, not all!) whose comments have been: "Don't rush to judgment, let the facts play out...how do we know who started it, or that it wasn't self-defense?" >:(

Well true, technically all four are innocent until found guilty in a court of law. But a court of law and permission to play football are two different things.

And self defense...really?

Why would one small guy pick a fight with 2-3 of Saban's behemoths?

If defending yourself, it's not generally necessary to knock a guy unconscious, kick him while he's already down, or send him to the emergency room....just knock him down and walk away. Heck, these football players could probably just sit on him until he calmed down.

Who steals someone's backpack, laptop, or wallet "in self defense"?

Who confesses to a crime, as these guys have done, if they only acted in self defense?

Even through they are due their day in court didn't all of them basically confess to their part in the incidents in their statements? I'm sure one of those good Bama law school grads will get those tossed from court. Will this be a municipal case or will it go to district court?

Even through they are due their day in court didn't all of them basically confess to their part in the incidents in their statements? I'm sure one of those good Bama law school grads will get those tossed from court. Will this be a municipal case or will it go to district court?

Any prosecutor worth his salt will have it in federal court as a hate crime. Question is, does an honest one of those practice in bamaville?

Any prosecutor worth his salt will have it in federal court as a hate crime. Question is, does an honest one of those practice in bamaville?

To answer ur question, hell no!!

Looks like bama is requesting youthful offender status in their cases.

Under state law, defendants under the age of 21 can apply for youthful offender status, capping the maximum sentence and shielding records from public view.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/02/eddie_williams_granted_permiss.html#incart_most-comments

I don't see any way this could be prosecuted as a hate crime.

I don't see any way this could be prosecuted as a hate crime.

There are actually several similar instances across the country being looked into as hate crimes. It's apparently a "game" some kids are playing and the victim is always of another race.

Under state law, defendants under the age of 21 can apply for youthful offender status, capping the maximum sentence and shielding records from public view.

http://www.al.com/al...t_most-comments

OK---I have a question. Since you're statement is that Bama is requesting youthful offender status, is this some way that Nick Saban and the University is trying to KEEP these guys on the team? After all, they're still on indefinite suspension so technically, they're still on the team. They've been banned from the university, but that doesn't mean the ban couldn't be lifted and they could "make up" whatever work they've missed---if they've missed any at all <wink, wink>. I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart on a lot of things, not just things related to Bama, so I'm starting to smell a rat here, and we all know the state media and most likely ESPN will defend Nick Saban to their dying day if he does re-instate these guys. I seem to recall one David Palmer getting youthful offender status after a drunk driving incident when he wrecked into another car and I believe the driver of the other car was injured (could be wrong about that, though). I believe Palmer still played.

Bama can't request anything. This is a personal choice by the players and their attorneys. If uat is defending these kids then the university is way overstepping their legal bounds and NCAA bounds.

OK---I have a question. Since you're statement is that Bama is requesting youthful offender status, is this some way that Nick Saban and the University is trying to KEEP these guys on the team? After all, they're still on indefinite suspension so technically, they're still on the team. They've been banned from the university, but that doesn't mean the ban couldn't be lifted and they could "make up" whatever work they've missed---if they've missed any at all <wink, wink>. I'm a conspiracy theorist at heart on a lot of things, not just things related to Bama, so I'm starting to smell a rat here, and we all know the state media and most likely ESPN will defend Nick Saban to their dying day if he does re-instate these guys. I seem to recall one David Palmer getting youthful offender status after a drunk driving incident when he wrecked into another car and I believe the driver of the other car was injured (could be wrong about that, though). I believe Palmer still played.

Looks like he is going to try to keep them on the team for now, but I think he is more concerned right now with getting there records locked from public view to protect the program from using any of the info against bama. Saban does have to process 10 players or so before fall roster so only time will tell. Will have to wait to see what intentions are reveled thru actions.

Bama can't request anything. This is a personal choice by the players and their attorneys. If uat is defending these kids then the university is way overstepping their legal bounds and NCAA bounds.

Good point, did not think of that. I am sure the players have lawyers that did not graduate from bama law school and put their clients first above bama........ whatever.....

Looks like he is going to try to keep them on the team for now, but I think he is more concerned right now with getting there records locked from public view to protect the program from using any of the info against bama. Saban does have to process 10 players or so before fall roster so only time will tell. Will have to wait to see what intentions are reveled thru actions.

Also, Calloway was granted youthful offender in his possession charge last year. He cannot apply for youthful offender status a second time.

That is not correct. He can try to get another bite of that apple, but it is unlikely that it would be granted.

Are you sure about that? I was told differently.

Archived