4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

The Longest Yard III filmed at Atmore Prison.... Calloway with a deep drop, Williams open on a slant route..the ball's in the air...ooh Shawn Kitchens steps in with a pick. He's going to the house...pick six!!!! Touchdown A-u-b-u-r-n...it's looks like the Tigers just put the wrapping on the 2014 Leg Iron Bowl.

As inappropriate and politically incorrect as this post may be, it is equally funny. Bravo.

^^^^This^^^^

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think one of the bigger questions is how did they get bonded out in only 2 1/2 hours, at that time of night, with the kind of cash that had to be used to get them out? Aren't we talking about $6,000 for a bunch that was mugging students for snack money? And is it not a mighty big coincidence that the same bond company was used to bond them out? This apparently is the company that did, and of course the owner is a HUGE bama fan: http://bamabailbondsmen.com/staff/

Think about it: didn't it take our 4 former players DAYS to be bonded out after committing their felonies? 2.5 hours is amazing for these bama players.

I think one of the bigger questions is how did they get bonded out in only 2 1/2 hours, at that time of night, with the kind of cash that had to be used to get them out? Aren't we talking about $6,000 for a bunch that was mugging students for snack money? And is it not a mighty big coincidence that the same bond company was used to bond them out? This apparently is the company that did, and of course the owner is a HUGE bama fan: http://bamabailbondsmen.com/staff/

Think about it: didn't it take our 4 former players DAYS to be bonded out after committing their felonies? 2.5 hours is amazing for these bama players.

This case has many unanswered questions. Why do this? Was it Knock Down? Who drove the black SUV the police reported?

Are ther other players involved? How did they get bailed out in just a few hours? Who put up that kind of bond early in the morning? They confessed, why did Saban not dismiss them from the team? Was the concealed weapon charge covered up? Have there been other knock down incidents on campus that they have not solved. This will be interesting to follow for months..

This case has many unanswered questions. Why do this? Was it Knock Down? Who drove the black SUV the police reported?

Are ther other players involved? How did they get bailed out in just a few hours? Who put up that kind of bond early in the morning? They confessed, why did Saban not dismiss them from the team? Was the concealed weapon charge covered up? Have there been other knock down incidents on campus that they have not solved. This will be interesting to follow for months..

Sad things is most of those questions won't be asked outside of message boards.

Truth will win in the end...and sometimes, the more "quiet on the western front" things appear to be, the more deceiving the apparent "lack of progress" is. I wouldn't lay out all of my cards if I were working on something big. Patience, sweet patience. Until then, WAR EAGLE, we comin' (back), and isn't it GREAT to BE an AUBURN TIGER! :wareagle:

Truth will win in the end...and sometimes, the more "quiet on the western front" things appear to be, the more deceiving the apparent "lack of progress" is. I wouldn't lay out all of my cards if I were working on something big. Patience, sweet patience. Until then, WAR EAGLE, we comin' (back), and isn't it GREAT to BE an AUBURN TIGER! :wareagle:

Yeah, and how long have we all been waiting on Charles Robinson and Yahoo Sports to be coming out with their expose on the Tide's cheating ways since Saban came to Tuscaloosa with the Gadsden dodge dealership and the Mobile Hummers and the Brent Calloway kidnapping and the T-Town Menswear, and the list goes on and on. We've been patiently waiting for about 7-8 years now, and there's not been one damn thing. While I do think there's more to this story than meets the eye, such as who paid the bail for these four guys, why hasn't Saban kicked them off the team, etc, I have no delusion whatsoever that even if there is more to this story, that anything will ever come of it, regardless of how much patience I or anyone else has. Sorry, ToraGirl, I don't mean to be bitchy about this, but it's just gotten to the point that short of murder, the Tahd pretty much will get away with whatever they want to get away with, just like in the Bear Bryant days.

It is beyond funny and now just sad that these kids STILL have not been expelled or kicked off the team. But kudos for sending them a letter to stay off campus. I hope it included a note to register all guns and not hold up a gas station. *sarcasm*

It is beyond funny and now just sad that these kids STILL have not been expelled or kicked off the team. But kudos for sending them a letter to stay off campus. I hope it included a note to register all guns and not hold up a gas station. *sarcasm*

IMO UAT is choosing this particular route just to get a rise out of their rivals. They are doing everything just short of permanently expelling the felonious four. It's funny watching folks bitch & whine about how they choose to handle this situation. Bottom line, Saban STILL has to cut a half dozen players from that roster to make the 85 limit, and that's in addition to the four criminals that are currently banned from campus. :dead:

IMO UAT is choosing this particular route just to get a rise out of their rivals. They are doing everything just short of permanently expelling the felonious four. It's funny watching folks bitch & whine about how they choose to handle this situation. Bottom line, Saban STILL has to cut a half dozen players from that roster to make the 85 limit, and that's in addition to the four criminals that are currently banned from campus. :dead:

I front give a flying damn what saban does or what he decides about his players. I just want to see Auburn whip his ass again so I can hopefully hear him on the sidelines telling his players.."dont quit, keep it up...you know how much I hate those mf-ers" like he did in Tubs last Iron Bowl.

[quote name=keesler'

timestamp='1361373174' post='1819295]

IMO UAT is choosing this particular route just to get a rise out of their rivals. They are doing everything just short of permanently expelling the felonious four. It's funny watching folks bitch & whine about how they choose to handle this situation. Bottom line, Saban STILL has to cut a half dozen players from that roster to make the 85 limit, and that's in addition to the four criminals that are currently banned from campus. :dead:/>

Your premise is ridiculous. Everyday these thugs are associated with the program it is yet another stain on the turd nation. It would be similar to cutting your nose off to spite your face.

With all due respect, Mr. Keesler, I don't think getting a rise out of Bama's enemies is why Saban has yet to expel these guys off his team. I don't know why he hasn't done it, but really don't think getting a rise from us or GA or LSU or any other teams fans is the reason. I have read some of the Bama chat rooms in al.com and, believe it or not, there are a lot of Tahd fans who are not happy that these guys are still on the team, even if they are "indefinitely suspended." A lot of their fans want these guys off the team ASAP.

I have to disagree. This has nothing to do with stiring up fanbases. Yes, he has to cut 10 and these 4 will be the first. The question is when you have to cut 10, you have 4 guys beating students, 2 of them owning their 2nd arrest, why not part ways. These kids are still on scholarship for a reason. I can think of 61 other students who will be sent packing before these 4.

cns has and wants (demands) TOTAL control. There is no doubt in anyones mind what the chances of these kids ever playing another down for uat are. cns will do what HE wants to do WHEN he wants to do it - not when someone else or public opinion says that he should do it. He runs/owns the university and can/will do what he wants - when he wants, and takes no orders from anyone or cares about others opinions.

It was reported earlier today that all those druggies in turdville busted yesterday during the sweep are facing expulsion from school. It's odd that BC didn't face the same thing with his first drug arrest.

I am wondering if they gave them an ultimatum, "spill on your drug buddies and we will take it easy on you."

I find it odd that they get arrested and 2 weeks later, miraculously, TPD is making big drug busts.

I am wondering if they gave them an ultimatum, "spill on your drug buddies and we will take it easy on you."

I find it odd that they get arrested and 2 weeks later, miraculously, TPD is making big drug busts.

I could be wrong but for it to have been that many arrests it had to have been an ongoing investigation. West Alabama Narcotics is made up of officers from the TPD, UAPD, NPD and theTCSO.

Yeah, and how long have we all been waiting on Charles Robinson and Yahoo Sports to be coming out with their expose on the Tide's cheating ways since Saban came to Tuscaloosa with the Gadsden dodge dealership and the Mobile Hummers and the Brent Calloway kidnapping and the T-Town Menswear, and the list goes on and on. We've been patiently waiting for about 7-8 years now, and there's not been one damn thing. While I do think there's more to this story than meets the eye, such as who paid the bail for these four guys, why hasn't Saban kicked them off the team, etc, I have no delusion whatsoever that even if there is more to this story, that anything will ever come of it, regardless of how much patience I or anyone else has. Sorry, ToraGirl, I don't mean to be bitchy about this, but it's just gotten to the point that short of murder, the Tahd pretty much will get away with whatever they want to get away with, just like in the Bear Bryant days.

Hey, Randy, I empathize, and most on this board have been into football much longer than I. One of my new year's resolutions is about perspective, and keeping the hope that truth will flower (even if it seems to take forever) is much healthier for me, no matter the topic of conversation. I sleep well, spend my energies where a difference can really be made, and smile most of the time doing it.

Any honest press that makes anyone up to something taste egg on their faces for awhile is good news in my book. UAT has not had much to smile about since their "?????"th NC, and even this much [be it "miniscule-to-some"] "reality therapy" presswise is a good thing. At least it's press about things really happening, rather than made-up press that attaches itself to Auburn so readily. And even if it's not the whole ball of wax, it's a brick or two in the wall of a foundation that I will bet, continues to crumble as more and more comes to light. These stories run nationwide, too. And it doesn't look good to have more and more coming out. Plus Updyke's trial date is set for April 8 as of the latest, so it will continue to remind near and far of more reasons to despise the god football has become to some. But I do empathize.

It was reported earlier today that all those druggies in turdville busted yesterday during the sweep are facing expulsion from school. It's odd that BC didn't face the same thing with his first drug arrest.

That's because saban runs a tight ship...

Posted: Today 1:10 PM

Re: Some real winners in Tuscaloosa

The one thing I will say is that if anyone in the SEC has control of his players, it is Coach Saban. He seems to punish his players. I don't see the lack of institutional control at Bama like we see at UGA and South Carolina.

Or so the dabo's in Clempsun think. :roflol:

The beat-down Four are still just suspended, right? None have been kicked off the team yet, have they ?

Iron fist saban.

That's because saban runs a tight ship...

Posted: Today 1:10 PM

Re: Some real winners in Tuscaloosa

The one thing I will say is that if anyone in the SEC has control of his players, it is Coach Saban. He seems to punish his players. I don't see the lack of institutional control at Bama like we see at UGA and South Carolina.

Or so the dabo's in Clempsun think. :roflol:/>

The beat-down Four are still just suspended, right? None have been kicked off the team yet, have they ?

Iron fist saban.

Saban is in total control over there. The players know that they can be processed at any time. However some are just stupid kids and get in trouble. UAT's administration is scared to death that Sabear will leave and take his crystal footballs elsewhere. Not a good situation for UAT long term.

I cant argue - saban does have complete control and those kids are ALL STILL ON SCHOLARSHIP! HAHAHA

What a joke of a school.

Just think of the character of player that guy has recruited over time. I think even though he can teach them to play football over there, he has built up enough bad apples and ego's that it is just getting too hard to keep it all under control. Hence why you are actually seeing coverage of all their players that beat students. At least they have a letter banning campus, right? Good job uat.

This episode is a big reason why Saban will never leave UA until he is ready to retire. He is in total control of that campus. I totally agree with what the 2 previous posters have said: one was that the UA administration is afraid that Saban will pick up his toys and move on to another playground and leave them in total desolation, and the other about the kids having letters banning them from campus, but that they are still on scholarship. He also has pretty much total control of the state media, therefore nothing is going to come out that reflects poorly on his program, such as the Rolando McLain incidence, and I don't recall any media digging into the Brent Calloway disappearance or T-Town Menswear or anything of that nature. Why should he leave when he has this state by the balls?

I would say he could go to TX and have the same treatment, however, I do not see them allowing a coach to ruin the schools reputation in the name of football. He needs uat as much as they need him.

Brent Calloway disappearing and ttmw are just crap stories that we would hope they get busted for. What these guys and several players before have done is worse than any recruiting violation, and uat has pretty much condoned the actions by allowing the 6 players (that we know of - read the rondo story) to remain students. They let rondo and that frat kid graduate after severely injuring students - I find it hard to beleive that these guys are going to be any different. Drugs and Violence are acceptable if you can play ball at bama. Let's not forget they didnt pull an offer from the rapist kid either until his 2nd arrest. Sleep tight T-town

If you are banned from campus, how can you continue to participate in class and not flunk out? Assuming that most of the classes they are signed up for are not the online type.

If the are banned for more than a few weeks, they would have to get in-completes for the semester, or flunk out. Problem solved for Saban.......

I would say Updyke could lead them in off campus classes, but he is the guest of Lee County right now.

Saban finally kicked them off the team

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2013/02/four_alabama_players_suspended.html#incart_river

TUSCALOOSA, Alabama -- The four Alabama players arrested and charged for multiple incidents of second-degree robbery and credit card fraud -- Eddie Williams, D.J. Pettway, Tyler Hayes andBrent Calloway -- are "no longer associated with the team," Alabama coach Nick Saban said Wednesday.

Deborah Lane, Alabama's Assistant to the President and Associate Vice President for University Relations, later released a statement that confirmed that all four former players were no longer enrolled at Alabama.

“UA’s judicial review has been completed. The four students involved in the robberies on campus are no longer enrolled in UA," the statement noted.

Saban said the players' actions did not "reflect the spirit and character that we want our organization reflect."

"Based on all the information we've received and gone through and tried to determine the future of the four guys that got in trouble, those guys are no longer associated with the football program," Saban said. "Their actions do not reflect the spirit and character that we want our organization to reflect. It's obviously very disappointing and unacceptable what happened.

"I also think that I've been really proud of over the last five years that our team has done a very good job and shown personal responsibility and how they represent the university, what they've done in the community, in the classroom, off the field. And they're going to continue to do as much as we can in personal development, character development in our program with education to try to help guys have a chance to be more successful in life.

"Some people learn by words, some people learn by consequences, some people can't learn."

Archived