4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

Wow, nothing like swift, decisive action on Nick Saban's part. What's it been now, about 2 weeks since this theft and mugging by these guys? I bet a lot of mortgages have been paid off in the last couple of weeks.Hell, Peaches had about 3 more houses that needed paying off, didn't he? The good thing for Nick is that this if 4 down, now he has 6 more to go to get to 85.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, nothing like swift, decisive action on Nick Saban's part. What's it been now, about 2 weeks since this theft and mugging by these guys? I bet a lot of mortgages have been paid off in the last couple of weeks.Hell, Peaches had about 3 more houses that needed paying off, didn't he? The good thing for Nick is that this if 4 down, now he has 6 more to go to get to 85.

It was also announced today that Danny Woodson jr was suspended and that Marvin Shinn had "opted out" of the offseason program--so that's probably two more. Both Woodson and Shinn were WR. Woodson was a 4* Rivals 250 guy out of high school and Shinn was a 4* Rivals 100 guy.

He's got 4-5 redshirt seniors, some have already graduated. Looks like he'll hit that magic number like he always does - these four thugs just made it easier to obtain that number.

My question:

They are "no longer associated with the team" per Saban, and "they are no longer enrolled in school", per Deborah Lane. Which came first? Did Saban take a stand of his own volition or did he merely acknowledge that the University had thrown them out? Would Saban have dismissed them if the University had allowed them to stay in school? I know the Sabanites will rave about his "discipline" and running a tight ship now...but seems to me (an admitted AU homer and Saban-hater), all he did was wait for the University to make the final decision for him.

Chizik dismissed our four accused felons immediately upon their confession. He didn't wait for the University to do his job as a disciplinarian.

My question:

They are "no longer associated with the team" per Saban, and "they are no longer enrolled in school", per Deborah Lane. Which came first? Did Saban take a stand of his own volition or did he merely acknowledge that the University had thrown them out? Would Saban have dismissed them if the University had allowed them to stay in school? I know the Sabanites will rave about his "discipline" and running a tight ship now...but seems to me (an admitted AU homer and Saban-hater), all he did was wait for the University to make the final decision for him.

Chizik dismissed our four accused felons immediately upon their confession. He didn't wait for the University to do his job as a disciplinarian.

Another question is are they "disassociated" in the same way that Tom Al-Betar is "disassociated"? Will they have lifetime sideline passes, and invitations to all team games/functions?

Would be nice to see BC spill the beans about what went down during his recruitment.

My question:

IIRC, first they were arrested - then indefinitly suspended - then banned from campus - then no longer associated with the team - then no longer enrolled in school. Does it matter which came first the chicken or the egg?

I fail to see the need to bash one coach and praise the other for doing something that neither had control over. In both incidents, the former players are criminal felon's and both Universities expelled each of them.

My question:

I think Saban let the school make the decision publically so he could appear to be neutral. The question is did he push the process one way or the other behind the scenes. If he is really in charge why didn't just kick at least 3 of them off the team after they confessed.

He didn't whole on to them he just didn't say they were off the team. They were of campus and suspended. I think he just likes to get under people skin. From the day he suspended them they were gone. I read somewhere that he has suspended 9 players before this and none of them ever played another down.

I prefer the negative spin. If he boots them quickly maybe they get their feelings hurt and are more likely to turn on the program. By dragging it out he can give them the impression he is trying to keep them and give the REC a chance to "make them okay" with it. Yeah, I actually like that spin better than the first one.

I saw a scroll on the the bottom of the early morning ABC News that all 4 had been kicked off the time. FINALLY.

My question:

IIRC, first they were arrested - then indefinitly suspended - then banned from campus - then no longer associated with the team - then no longer enrolled in school. Does it matter which came first the chicken or the egg?

I fail to see the need to bash one coach and praise the other for doing something that neither had control over. In both incidents, the former players are criminal felon's and both Universities expelled each of them.

It matters a great deal. One coach showed character. The other showed an attempt to play the system to his benefit.....Got it? Or do I need to explain it in more simple.....uat lyin' and cheatin'...terms?

My question:

It matters a great deal. One coach showed character. The other showed an attempt to play the system to his benefit.....Got it? Or do I need to explain it in more simple.....uat lyin' and cheatin'...terms?

How is this lying and cheatin? The University has a certain policy that must be adhered to when something like this happens. Coach Saban could not just make a quick statement. He knew that they'd be off the team, but he had to let everything play out before he could say that. That is not showing a lack of character, that is going by the rules set down by the University.

Your school has certain rules, and we have ours, so they should not be compared if everyone is following their own rules.

My question:

How is this lying and cheatin? The University has a certain policy that must be adhered to when something like this happens. Coach Saban could not just make a quick statement. He knew that they'd be off the team, but he had to let everything play out before he could say that. That is not showing a lack of character, that is going by the rules set down by the University.

Your school has certain rules, and we have ours, so they should not be compared if everyone is following their own rules.

:lmao: So bama's "policy" is to ban student/athletes from campus, then two - three weeks later kick them off their respective team? Heck of a policy you guys have.

My question:

Those 4 men were on the UA football team at Nick Saban's request. He gave them the scholarships to be on that team. He could have expelled them from the team at any time, for any reason. For the 2 weeks those men were on "indefinite suspension" they were technically on the UA team, and were representative of that team, whether you like it or not. People can come back from suspensions but not from expulsions. To me, that is the difference.

My question:

Those 4 men were on the UA football team at Nick Saban's request. He gave them the scholarships to be on that team. He could have expelled them from the team at any time, for any reason. For the 2 weeks those men were on "indefinite suspension" they were technically on the UA team, and were representative of that team, whether you like it or not. People can come back from suspensions but not from expulsions. To me, that is the difference.

Well, it really doesn't matter what either of us believes. I don't know what Coach Saban was thinking, but I just think that he knew from the beginning that these players would never play for this University again, and he waited until he got good and ready to say that they were no longer members of this team. I think he knew, those 4 players knew, and the rest of the team knew on the first day after the crime, that these guys were gone, and it was just a matter of time before he made the statement. Coach Saban has his own time line for the things that he does, and that's just the way it is, and maybe technically as you stateded they were on the team, until he said that they weren't, but everybody knew that was not true.

He didn't whole on to them he just didn't say they were off the team. They were of campus and suspended. I think he just likes to get under people skin. From the day he suspended them they were gone. I read somewhere that he has suspended 9 players before this and none of them ever played another down.

this

[quote name=bigman334'

timestamp='1362090185' post='1821953]

this

They just had to take as much time as was necessary to "make things right" with their liabilities to make sure no one freaks out and spills the beans.

[quote name=bigman334'

timestamp='1362090185' post='1821953]

this

They just had to take as much time as was necessary to "make things right" with their liabilities to make sure no one freaks out and spills the beans.

^^ THIS ^^ ...

CYA, baby ... CYA.

Can anyone REALLY attempt to defend the character, or lack thereof, of the mayor of munchkinland? Really? With a straight face?

I dont think anyone was bashing the coach but simply reminding the unwashed masses who had a field day flaming Auburn about our problems with discipline that they are not about having their own. The thing is, Chizik DID act much more decisively while Saban waffled. In the end it all came out the same but the bottom line is simple...Saban is not the disciplinarian who wont allow these kinds of problems to occur like bamafan has been spouting off about for at least 2 years.This kind of behavior, sadly, is not unique to any one program but is becoming an increasingly more troubling problem all over the country.

In the end they just "let the legal system take its coarse" just like they did with McClain. Just so happened these guys had not made themselves an All-American yet and McClain's legal coarse just so happened to take a couple of years longer. We all know they were gone the minute this broke, but saban was exposed a little in this incident. To defend the character of saban and alabama at the moment is a complete joke and waste of time. It is a nation-wide problem that just seems to be hitting uat a little harder the past few years.

Discipline on the field. Check

Turning these kids into men. Fail

Well, call me a conspiracy theorist or whatever, I still think, and always will think, that there's more to this than "Saban does things in his own time" or "wait for the legal system to run it's course" as to why it's taken him so long to dismiss these guys from the team. I can't help but go back to the recruiting of Brent Calloway and how that played out---the commitment to Bama, then to AU, then the taking him to some place in FL by a Bama supporter and being in seclusion until national signing day when his LOI was faxed in to the Bama office. I understand all the talk about all the kids that were "indefinitely suspended" by Saban never saw the playing field again, and these 4 guys made it a total of 9 who have had this fate, but who were the other 5? Were they as highly rated as these kids were? I could be totally off base on this, but something about this just doesn't pass the smell test to me. However, we know the media in this state will never look into it. They, along with most of the Bammers, would eat the corn out of Nick Saban's stool if he told them to, and do it with a smile on their faces.

Archived