4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

The reason saban hasn't kicked these guys off on the team is because this is his way of showing everybody that HE controls everything within his program, and he will not be told what to do by anybody. The sad thing is, is that these players are being shown that if you are a player at UA, YOU are more important than anyone that walks that campus, and you can do whatever you want to. Because even the university president won't demand that your coach kick you off the team.

Some of you on this board will whine about "Why do y'all care so much about that team?" Boo hoo hoo, keep whining. But this sets a precedent for the other players that says, "We can do what we want and none of y'all, even the university won't do anything about it!"

If this is happening to innocent students, it's only a matter of time before it starts happening to professors that dare hold football players to a certain academic standard.

The last thing NS will do is feed the media/public, it doesn't matter how loud they yell & scream for him to make a statement, he'll sit back and let them marinate in their angst and he'll laugh about it.

Yep.

Maybe so. But at a particularly escalating cost of soul, as well...for if there is one thing he and his entourage tout about "himself", it is that he runs a "most DISCIPLINED program." Unfortunately, that includes how incidents such as these are handled. And the longer he drags it out, the more people nationwide see the truth behind things in Tuscaloosa...Thugaloosa...Thugs-are-loosa...ahem, Tuscaloosa. Auburn will do well to focus on our new day and let the chips fall where they may. We have so much to look forward to, but it does feel good to see bits of justice begin to flower.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UAT has banned the 3 players charged with robbery from campus. Williams is asking for permission from the court to go home while out on bond and stay with his mother in Panama City Florida. Galloway can still attend class at UAT.

I guess these 4 have to be properly debriefed before being kicked out. Why else are these kids still even considered part of that "team"?

I guess these 4 have to be properly debriefed before being kicked out. Why else are these kids still even considered part of that "team"?

BC82AD14-4A5E-4C06-8706-1924DFB0C66A-3550-000000FB5ABF4A87.jpg

"Look into the crimson light, you have seen nothing, and no extra benefits were given to you while you were here."

3 Barred from Campus.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8951105/alabama-crimson-tide-three-arrested-players-barred-campus

TUSCULOOSA, Ala. -- The University of Alabama has barred three football players from campus after their arrest on robbery chargesThe players are suspended from school pending a judicial review conducted by faculty, staff and members of the Student Judicial Board that is expected to be done by late next week, university spokeswoman Deborah Lane said on Friday.

Defensive back Eddie Williams, 20, and linebackers Tyler Hayes and D.J. Pettway, both 18, have been charged in separate robberies of two students on campus early Monday morning. Williams, Hayes and Pettway are charged with two counts of second-degree robbery. Williams also is charged with fraudulent use of a credit card and was also arrested a day earlier and charged with carrying a pistol without a permit.

Williams confessed to robbing a student who was punched in the head and face and kicked in the ribs and back. Williams said Pettway and Hayes watched him commit another robbery from a nearby vehicle about an hour later, according to court records.

Hayes admitted to participating in the first robbery and watching the second.

H-back Brent Calloway, also suspended indefinitely, is charged with fraudulent use of a credit card for using a debit card stolen from one of the students. He isn't barred from campus.

All four have been released on bond.

Tuscaloosa District Judge Joel Chandler has granted Williams' request to be allowed to return home to Panama City, Fla., while free on bond. Attorney Josh Swords said Williams would be in his mother's custody.

Good, why did it take so long? Maybe the university wanted to get facts before jumping too quick?

I think they wanted to wait until Nick Saban told them it would be OK. After all, he runs that university.

3 Barred from Campus.

http://espn.go.com/c...s-barred-campus

TUSCULOOSA, Ala. -- The University of Alabama has barred three football players from campus after their arrest on robbery chargesThe players are suspended from school pending a judicial review conducted by faculty, staff and members of the Student Judicial Board that is expected to be done by late next week, university spokeswoman Deborah Lane said on Friday.

Defensive back Eddie Williams, 20, and linebackers Tyler Hayes and D.J. Pettway, both 18, have been charged in separate robberies of two students on campus early Monday morning. Williams, Hayes and Pettway are charged with two counts of second-degree robbery. Williams also is charged with fraudulent use of a credit card and was also arrested a day earlier and charged with carrying a pistol without a permit.

Williams confessed to robbing a student who was punched in the head and face and kicked in the ribs and back. Williams said Pettway and Hayes watched him commit another robbery from a nearby vehicle about an hour later, according to court records.

Hayes admitted to participating in the first robbery and watching the second.

H-back Brent Calloway, also suspended indefinitely, is charged with fraudulent use of a credit card for using a debit card stolen from one of the students. He isn't barred from campus.

All four have been released on bond.

Tuscaloosa District Judge Joel Chandler has granted Williams' request to be allowed to return home to Panama City, Fla., while free on bond. Attorney Josh Swords said Williams would be in his mother's custody.

Dont let this fool you. Yes - barred from campus "indefinately". They have not expelled these kids or kicked them off the team. They are still a part of uat and the "team". There is still some reason they dont want to get rid of them yet. This is the equivalent of sending a TTMW letter to them.

Edit - just wanted to reinforce that this is stupid on uat's part and the best thing they could throw out to answer critics. If bama was obama people would be ripping this crap to shreds (This is not an endorsment or shot at the Pres - I have seen the political boards here).

Good, why did it take so long? Maybe the university wanted to get facts before jumping too quick?

I think they wanted to wait until Nick Saban told them it would be OK. After all, he runs that university.

I know you say that somewhat jokingly, but I take this as the university does not think ole Nicky took a tough enough stance. I read this as they (university admin), is concerned that they should have been dismissed from the team and this is an effort to force that. UAT did just name a new president didn't they? Is this new president trying to let everyone know who runs the university?

I know you say that somewhat jokingly, but I take this as the university does not think ole Nicky took a tough enough stance. I read this as they (university admin), is concerned that they should have been dismissed from the team and this is an effort to force that. UAT did just name a new president didn't they? Is this new president trying to let everyone know who runs the university?

Did Dr. Whitt step down? I thought he was still the UA president. I could be wrong.

Did Dr. Whitt step down? I thought he was still the UA president. I could be wrong.

Yes, Judy Bonner was named new president last November I think.

Now it's coming out that this apparently wasn't some random violence but a potentially racially motivated activity known as the "Knockout Game" that is becoming frighteningly popular across the country...

http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/college-football-stars-and-the-knockout-game/

If proven to be racially motivated, it is technically a federal offense.

Now it's coming out that this apparently wasn't some random violence but a potentially racially motivated activity known as the "Knockout Game" that is becoming frighteningly popular across the country...

http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/college-football-stars-and-the-knockout-game/

If proven to be racially motivated, it is technically a federal offense.

Now that is some scary crap. Good grief what is wrong with these people?

As I understand it, there are three "processes" at work (No pun intended), at least officially:

Who gets to be on the football team and under what conditions can they be suspended or dismissed from the team? I think, but don't know, that's pretty much at the discretion of the coach. Chizik didn't hesitate to permanently dismiss our 4 immediately--no "indefinite suspensions" while checking facts or waiting for complicated "due process" procedures. A coach can even suspend or dismiss a player for mere poor attitude or breaking curfew too often without going through complicated legal hoops.

A University does have to go through a well-defined due process procedure to expel or dismiss a student from enrollment.

A University can remove anyone from campus instantly if they believe there is an imminent threat to public health or safety.

So I think: 1) Saban had the power for full dismissal from the team immediately. 2) The University will have to proceed with its grievance/due process policies before they can be expelled from school officially. 3) The University can ban them from campus while that appeals process proceeds if they think the accused pose a threat to student safety--violent muggings would seem to fall into that category!

Why are there no assault charges involved?

Assault is a lesser included offense of Robbery. For a Robbery to occur there must be an assault, as it is the taking of property BY FORCE from another, thus by state law if one is charged with Robbery, then they are in essence also being charged with assault. This is why Robbery is classified as violent crime and ALL degrees of Robbery are felonies.

What idiots these guys are. Apparently, Tyler Hayes was arrested last night in Thomasville for possession of weed. All the talent in the world, an opportunity that many would give anything for... and they don't have enough sense to take advantage of it.

What idiots these guys are. Apparently, Tyler Hayes was arrested last night in Thomasville for possession of weed. All the talent in the world, an opportunity that many would give anything for... and they don't have enough sense to take advantage of it.

Such a shame. Where are you seeing/reading/hearing about the arrest last night? I can't find any info. about it.

Such a shame. Where are you seeing/reading/hearing about the arrest last night? I can't find any info. about it.

The internet. Bonjour!! :tease:

This may blow up in UAT's face. Both victims reported that their attackers left in a black SUV. None of attackers own a black SUV.

There are more people involved in this this. How many are UAT players..

This may blow up in UAT's face. Both victims reported that their attackers left in a black SUV. None of attackers own a black SUV.

I thought both victims were knocked unconscious.

I thought both victims were knocked unconscious.

yes me too.

Archived