4 Bama Players Arrested

Plaric

Randy, I don't think it's so much being a conspiracy theorist, as it is simply taking notice of what actually is going on here.

The Calloway ordeal was always a flashing red warning light, but because he never really amounted to being anything on the field, there's no issue.

It's been proven , time and time again, that as long as bama wins titles, there is nothing the instate media will EVER do to uncover the cheating that's going on.

Nothing.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the end they just "let the legal system take its coarse" just like they did with McClain. Just so happened these guys had not made themselves an All-American yet and McClain's legal coarse just so happened to take a couple of years longer. We all know they were gone the minute this broke, but saban was exposed a little in this incident. To defend the character of saban and alabama at the moment is a complete joke and waste of time. It is a nation-wide problem that just seems to be hitting uat a little harder the past few years.

Discipline on the field. Check

Turning these kids into men. Fail

I see what you're saying, but I just don't think that it's a coaches responsibility to turn these guys into men.

By the time that you reach college age, your morals and standards should already be set. The parents should have had some responsibility in accomplishing this. They had these children, and in my opinion it is their job to teach their kids right from wrong, and not that of a college football coach. You don't expect their English professor to accomplish this, so why expect the coach to do it.

These guys knew that it was wrong to beat up someone and steal from them, but they did it anyway, and I don't think anything that a coach could have said to them would have made them act any differently. They were already lacking in their character by the time that they got to the university.

In the end they just "let the legal system take its coarse" just like they did with McClain. Just so happened these guys had not made themselves an All-American yet and McClain's legal coarse just so happened to take a couple of years longer. We all know they were gone the minute this broke, but saban was exposed a little in this incident. To defend the character of saban and alabama at the moment is a complete joke and waste of time. It is a nation-wide problem that just seems to be hitting uat a little harder the past few years.

I see what you're saying, but I just don't think that it's a coaches responsibility to turn these guys into men.

By the time that you reach college age, your morals and standards should already be set. The parents should have had some responsibility in accomplishing this. They had these children, and in my opinion it is their job to teach their kids right from wrong, and not that of a college football coach. You don't expect their English professor to accomplish this, so why expect the coach to do it.

These guys knew that it was wrong to beat up someone and steal from them, but they did it anyway, and I don't think anything that a coach could have said to them would have made them act any differently. They were already lacking in their character by the time that they got to the university.

You may not be one of these Bama fans, Bama My Heart, but there were a whole lot of your fellow Bama fans who took a whole lot of pleasure at the expense of AU a few years ago when the 4 AU players pulled their act of stupidity with the armed robbery, posting stuff about how AU recruits nothing but thugs and how this would never happen at Alabama under Nick Saban because he ruled those guys with an iron fist. Well, obviously it did happen under Nick Saban. Even to this day when one reads the Bama chat rooms---and I have---you read some posts about how these 4, after a year or so out of football, will end up at AU because that's the kind of players AU recruits, nothing but thugs. I don't blame Nick Saban for what those guys did, but I do take issue with the time frame he took before finally expelling them from the team.

No that's not all true, Calloway had discipline and I know that for a fact!! He made some bad choices or well, forced into some bad choices. #1 he was forced into signing with bama when he wanted to plat rb at AU! (He told anyone that listened to him personally),#2 he took the blame for marihuana when he was a freshman and we all know whose it was!! And now this, though he didn't participate with the beat down in t-town, he did use the card. So if u say its not sabans job to help turn these kids into men, well he should not lie to his parents inside their homes when he visits and the closing comments come out of his mouth are these words: "If ur son comes to Alabama, not only will he be a football player he will be a modeled student and become a man under my watch" True Story!!

These guys purposefully beat classmates. Bama has been bringing these guys in and painting a picture of iron fist rule with well rounded and educated players who "fit the mold of what UA is looking for" <------Sabans words. Jim Tressel was great at this as well.

If you say you are recruiting guys that fit the bama mold then it becomes hard to say that these kids had obvious problems before bama and we aren't responsible for them. It is not just the coaches responsibility to help these kids who come from possibly broken or just plain bad homes, but that of the University as well. Does the sign on the front of campus read "Welcome to UA: You had better already be an adult or we can't help"? The purpose of a college is to enrich and grow the lives of the students regardless of background and help them become better productive citizens.

Now that this has happened to bama we can all agree that this is a national problem. How each school handles this is completely up to them - and this is where bama failed.

These guys purposefully beat classmates. Bama has been bringing these guys in and painting a picture of iron fist rule with well rounded and educated players who "fit the mold of what UA is looking for" <------Sabans words. Jim Tressel was great at this as well.

If you say you are recruiting guys that fit the bama mold then it becomes hard to say that these kids had obvious problems before bama and we aren't responsible for them. It is not just the coaches responsibility to help these kids who come from possibly broken or just plain bad homes, but that of the University as well. Does the sign on the front of campus read "Welcome to UA: You had better already be an adult or we can't help"? The purpose of a college is to enrich and grow the lives of the students regardless of background and help them become better productive citizens.

Now that this has happened to bama we can all agree that this is a national problem. How each school handles this is completely up to them - and this is where bama failed.

I agree alot with what has been said, and frankly, I never thought about what the coaches say in a living room to parents about how he will help them become better citizens, but I just don't see it as the responsibility of the University or football coach to change these young men. In my opinion, that must begin with the parents, and they can't wait until their children are 18-19 years old and expect someone else to make them model citizens. The ground work starts at home. Of course, a lot of us can say when we do something wrong, it wasn't that we weren't taught better, but we just did it anyway.

I know this is the wrong board for this, but I do respect our coach, and I believe that he wants the best for all of thes young men on the team, but he does expect them to do certain things the right way, and when they don't, they will be punished, and that is like a parent. Tough love hurts, but you have to do it.

"I agree alot with what has been said, and frankly, I never thought about what the coaches say in a living room to parents about how he will help them become better citizens, but I just don't see it as the responsibility of the University or football coach to change these young men. In my opinion, that must begin with the parents, and they can't wait until their children are 18-19 years old and expect someone else to make them model citizens. The ground work starts at home. Of course, a lot of us can say when we do something wrong, it wasn't that we weren't taught better, but we just did it anyway.

I know this is the wrong board for this, but I do respect our coach, and I believe that he wants the best for all of thes young men on the team, but he does expect them to do certain things the right way, and when they don't, they will be punished, and that is like a parent. Tough love hurts, but you have to do it." -BamaMyHeart

Copied your quote just to cut down on page use.

Parents have the largest part in making these guys good human beings. Guys like Rondo and Eddie will be trouble. My biggest critisism of saban is how he handled Rondo. That was a straight cover up and showed what he values most. Same with Kelley Johnson. Guys around the nation get busted with pot all the time and stay with the team - for this reason I can look past BC's first arrest - even if that event sent up red flags about protecting star players. Bama has had great success recently and I just beleive you are begining to see the price and toll it has taken.

Granted, this is an AU board and after all the fallout I had to listen to on a daily basis for MONTHS about a "thug" program known as AU - it is nice to see the other school top us in grand fashion when it comes to the Fulmer Cup race and gaining a reputation as a thug school. What is best of all about this would be the fact we didnt have to wait 3 years for the media to pick up the story as in the previously identified cases of the past.

Question: If the 4 were AJ McCarron, TJ Yeldon, Amare Cooper, and some other major contributor, would we have heard about this story/would they be on the team still/would it have taken 2 weeks to dismiss them?

Question: If the 4 were AJ McCarron, TJ Yeldon, Amare Cooper, and some other major contributor, would we have heard about this story/would they be on the team still/would it have taken 2 weeks to dismiss them?

two words.............Rolando McClain. That should answer your question. (but that saban is a man of character)

Most competitive programs recruit from the same talent pool. Sometimes that talent comes from a place where kids learn from an early age to fight and never learn to show respect for others. They come from gang riddled neighborhoods, ghettos, and broken homes.

IMO, that very fact is what makes these kids a stand-out athlete. The anger, meaness, energy and lack of respect for others makes them unleash their dominance on others. Every successful team needs this type of angry, aggressive, testosterone filled athlete. Guys that come on the field with a bad attitude, and if an opponent pisses them off, they come unleashed and strive to 'out physical' the guy in front of them.

I remember an interview Saban did right after the '11 BCSNC game when his defense allowed LSU to cross the 50 yrd line only once the entire game..... I think it was Herbstreet that asked him if he expected his defense to be so dominant. NS just smiled and said, "they're a hateful bunch. They irrirate me in practice sometimes, but when the ball hits the turf, they come to play, period."

The key as a coach is learning what makes every player tick - and learning how to channel that anger/thuggery/energy in the right direction, at the right time.

two words.............Rolando McClain. That should answer your question. (but that saban is a man of character)

What does character have to do with college football?

We just fired a great man of character, a family man, a Christian man. He didn't win enough balls games and he's GONE.

I got a feeling if Tony Barbee doesn't find a way to pick this AU team up off the cellar of the conference real soon, he'll be outta here too.

We just fired a great man of character, a family man, a Christian man. He didn't win enough balls games and he's GONE.

I got a feeling if Tony Barbee doesn't find a way to pick this AU team up off the cellar of the conference real soon, he'll be outta here too.

Character starts with not letting football players continue to play when they have been arrested for assaulting somebody. (not to mention that McClain assaulted a bama student, yet didn't miss a down for this transgression) There comes a point where winning at all cost will cost you. Plus, what message does this send to your other players?

saban allowed DJ Hall and a few others to play while they were actively using and selling drugs. He knew about it, and did not care because he thought they gave him the best option for winning. Those kids should've been arrested and thrown off the team, but of course that did not happen.

DJ Hall and his former team mate friend (can't think of his name) did not get arrested for dealing drugs until they had been out of school for a while. Very interesting timing....

bammer has been cheating for 50 years, and saban just fits that program perfectly. He has no problem crossing the line on any issue if he thinks it will help him win. bammer has never won a championship based solely on merit, and saban is no different. He was born to be a bammer.

Don't forget Jimmy Johns, who was selling crack in the parking lot of the athletic complex, practically under Saban's nose. Am I the only one who found it interesting that Johns was arrested when Saban just happened to be vacationing at his cabin in Georgia?

Character has a lot to with college football. Some men of character get fired but plenty w/o character get the axe as well. GC didn't get fired because he had character and Saban doesn't win because he lacks character. Character is vital as a leader of young men and of course winning is vital to keeping a job.

Character has a lot to with college football. Some men of character get fired but plenty w/o character get the axe as well. GC didn't get fired because he had character and Saban doesn't win because he lacks character. Character is vital as a leader of young men and of course winning is vital to keeping a job.

Remember OSU and JIm Tressel. His lack of character got him fired and the school on probation. Tressel is at the University of Akron now as the Vice President of Strategic Engagement, and the head football coach their is someone else that had problems,

saban allowed DJ Hall and a few others to play while they were actively using and selling drugs. He knew about it, and did not care because he thought they gave him the best option for winning. Those kids should've been arrested and thrown off the team, but of course that did not happen.

DJ Hall and his former team mate friend (can't think of his name) did not get arrested for dealing drugs until they had been out of school for a while. Very interesting timing....

bammer has been cheating for 50 years, and saban just fits that program perfectly. He has no problem crossing the line on any issue if he thinks it will help him win. bammer has never won a championship based solely on merit, and saban is no different. He was born to be a bammer.

cm-40276-050d1bdd692c99.gif

I'm sorry guys but a lot of what you are saying really makes Auburn fans look bad.

A lot of the comments I have seen in this thread just builds on the stereotype that we are the little brother school. Bama cheats, saban cheats, our coach is a better caliber coach yadda yadda.

Facts remain:

- Our Good Christian Moral coach brought us our worst season ever

- We don't know what really happened behind the scenes on anything that majority of you are talking about (in relation to bama or auburn) as it is all hearsay and learned from a friend of a friend of a friend

- Constant bashing of people that have opinions that differ from yours does NOT make you look cool or superior...it makes you look like a child

- Stop saying s*** like "Bama has been cheating for years and years" etc.....cause we have too....Auburn isn't as squeaky clean as some of you holier then though posters would like to admit...

- Before you post, read what you have typed, maybe even sit on it for a bit....because there is a lot of ignorance being thrown around simply because you don't like school A and think that school B can do no wrong....which would be naive and also of the same mindset of many of the people you like to bash.....afterall, Bama fans said we were cheating left and right when we won it all and lets face it, there was enough smoke around the program to where anyone not wearing orange and blue would at least look at the situation and go, "That school may have cheated and gotten away with something"

- I like getting other fans opinions and having good discussions with them. I frequent several other boards and carry on good civil conversations with them, Bama fans included. Seeing people immediately jumping all over a poster, who has done nothing wrong, simply because they root for a team different from ours is kind of sad. Some of our major rivals, believe it or not, can actually contribute to this site just as well as we can. After all, we pay attention to each other and know the rivalries good enough to where both sides have good information.

The sun will rise tomorrow and AU fans on talk boards will accuse the turds of cheating and vice versa. Live with it, lol.

The sun will rise tomorrow and AU fans on talk boards will accuse the turds of cheating and vice versa. Live with it, lol.

Lol yeah, I know. Sometimes ya just gotta vent though haha

I'm sorry guys but a lot of what you are saying really makes Auburn fans look bad.

A lot of the comments I have seen in this thread just builds on the stereotype that we are the little brother school. Bama cheats, saban cheats, our coach is a better caliber coach yadda yadda.

Facts remain:

- We don't know what really happened behind the scenes on anything that majority of you are talking about (in relation to bama or auburn) as it is all hearsay and learned from a friend of a friend of a friend

- Constant bashing of people that have opinions that differ from yours does NOT make you look cool or superior...it makes you look like a child

- Stop saying s*** like "Bama has been cheating for years and years" etc.....cause we have too....Auburn isn't as squeaky clean as some of you holier then though posters would like to admit...

- Before you post, read what you have typed, maybe even sit on it for a bit....because there is a lot of ignorance being thrown around simply because you don't like school A and think that school B can do no wrong....which would be naive and also of the same mindset of many of the people you like to bash.....afterall, Bama fans said we were cheating left and right when we won it all and lets face it, there was enough smoke around the program to where anyone not wearing orange and blue would at least look at the situation and go, "That school may have cheated and gotten away with something"

- I like getting other fans opinions and having good discussions with them. I frequent several other boards and carry on good civil conversations with them, Bama fans included. Seeing people immediately jumping all over a poster, who has done nothing wrong, simply because they root for a team different from ours is kind of sad. Some of our major rivals, believe it or not, can actually contribute to this site just as well as we can. After all, we pay attention to each other and know the rivalries good enough to where both sides have good information.

This times ten. Some here sound just like the fan they hate. I don't hate anyone over a game. I want to win as bad as the next guy but hate is a very strong word.

Facts remain:

Excellent post. I tip my cap to you sir.

Facts remain:

Times 10. The most rational post I have seen by any Auburn fan on this board or any other. I am thinking about making a copy and framing it.

Facts remain:

Since I am basing my post on what I KNOW TO BE TRUE from firsthand knowledge....and not just reposting rumors.....I will say that you are completely wrong about some of your assumptions about AU fans.

Auburn has NEVER had the cheating machine that bammer has in place. Never. And Auburn has NEVER had that kind of network on all levels devoted to the sole purpose of winning football games.That machine started with bear bryant, and it continues to this day. If you did some research, you might find out a thing or two about it. It's not a fantasy created by Auburn fans as some of you would like to believe. It is entrenched in this state on every level.

You are,however,looking good to the bammers on here. I disagree that discussions about the REC and the network that bammer has in place makes AU look like "little brother". I think it's kind of ridiculous to place the blame on Auburn fans. Would you rather no one talk about it? It sounds a little like the bams blaming Phillip Fulmer for their own cheating...

The Logan Young/Albert Means case was just one instance where the bams got caught. There are literally hundreds of times that they didn't.

Archived