Former 4* QB OU GT Austin Kendall to WVU (Update 1/16/19)

RunInRed

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

We struggled running the ball too, especially up the middle.

Yeah we did. I blame play calling a little more than the o line for that. Should've called more jet sweeps just to keep the defense honest 

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Why would AK affect Ashford? The overlap is only 1 year.

I think the only chance we have of getting Ashford is if it looks like Nix has a good chance to start next year. I know he commits before then but he isn't the type kid that will sit behind someone else until he is a Junior or Senior. Georgia's spot will open up before then. So if it's between the two, he won't be willing to wait that long. He has an ego and so do his parents. They all will want him to start where ever he goes within 2 years.

5 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

That is the thing. He is a dime a dozen "Dual Threat" Qb.  He is not that great of a runner to make it worthwhile being the starter over more talented dudes. Joey G is a lot more talented than him and will be a significantly better runner than malik would. I see Malik being third string at best next season.

Im just saying I think he should start man lol, IDK what else you want me to say. I rather see him than Sandberg, thats all I can say

with Miami having their guy and Hurts presumably not going there, Kendall the last transfer we gotta worry about taking Id guess. Im not excited about another pocket passer, much less one that isnt that proven, but it is what it be

27 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Im just saying I think he should start man lol, IDK what else you want me to say. I rather see him than Sandberg, thats all I can say

I know you want a dual threat to start. Why not go with the better and vastly more talented version of Malik in Joey G? why Malik? I just have not seen one thing to get excited about with him. Obviously you see something different that I do not. Are you not a believer and/or do not want Bo to start eventually next season because he is not a true dual threat?

30 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

with Miami having their guy and Hurts presumably not going there, Kendall the last transfer we gotta worry about taking Id guess. Im not excited about another pocket passer, much less one that isnt that proven, but it is what it be

You vs pocket passers. The most intense rivalry in sports today!  I would buy that fight on ppv! lol TAKE MUHHH MONEY!!!!! haha

pete.gif

7 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Kendall the last transfer we gotta worry about taking Id guess.

There's still 4 months left in the transfer market. If we don't get/take Kendall he will likely not be the last one on the radar.

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

You vs pocket passers. The most intense rivalry in sports today!  I would buy that fight on ppv! lol TAKE MUHHH MONEY!!!!! haha

pete.gif

More like Neo vs. the cloned Agent Smiths...

7LIn.gif

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

with Miami having their guy and Hurts presumably not going there

Unless free agency is in full swing, Miami doesn’t yet have their guy for next year.

Keep up the Dual Threat fight though. 

31 minutes ago, ellitor said:

There's still 4 months left in the transfer market. If we don't get/take Kendall he will likely not be the last one on the radar.

You’d think these kids would have to start enrolling in classes at new schools to be academically eligible. 

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Not necessarily- @ellitor can correct me on this, but I believe Tathan will have to sit out a year (undergraduate transfer) whereas Hurts can play immediately (grad transfer). Not out of the realm of possibility that both end up at the U.

Source on Martell's eligibility

8 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I know you want a dual threat to start. Why not go with the better and vastly more talented version of Malik in Joey G? why Malik? I just have not seen one thing to get excited about with him. Obviously you see something different that I do not. Are you not a believer and/or do not want Bo to start eventually next season because he is not a true dual threat?

I don’t think Joey is more proven; if you subscribe to the thought on here that he wasn’t a very good passer in HS, then you also have to reasonably think he might not get much better under Gus. Malik has a higher floor in that regard than Joey and is faster. JG might have a way higher ceiling 

Side note: I don’t see Gus depending on a true FR unless it’s a disaster case scenario like 2015. I think even Saban is more willing to turn the tide (so to speak) and pass the keys to a youngin signal caller... but who knows? Bo probably has both a higher ceiling and floor than at least MW or Cord, who knows if that’ll be taken advantage of 

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

don’t think Joey is more proven; if you subscribe to the thought on here that he wasn’t a very good passer in HS, then you also have to reasonably think he might not get much better under Gus

What makes you think Willis is a better passer?

44 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

You’d think these kids would have to start enrolling in classes at new schools to be academically eligible. 

If they are Grad Transfers they don't haven to enroll soon to be academically eligible for next season, just be enrolled by August. Although most will do it sooner. And I say there are 4 months left in the market because more kids will make moves after their schools' Spring Camp & Semester is over.

So it is essentially between us and newly coached WV team? What is taking so long ? Should be a no brainer 

35 minutes ago, AUEngineer2016 said:

Not out of the realm of possibility that both end up at the U.

Miami is out. Down to OU & Maryland for Hurts with a decision today or tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

So it is essentially between us and newly coached WV team?

We don't actually know that or the level of AU's interest. Gus is keeping things very tight lipped right now & what he may want or his plans may be for a GT QB. Hasn't been much from the AK camp either besides the instagram photos he's taken to the places he has been.

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Miami is out. Down to OU & Maryland for Hurts with a decision today or tomorrow.

Another no brainer. Go to OU. I know , I know his OC is now coaching at Maryland but sometimes you got to make business decisions.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

So it is essentially between us and newly coached WV team? What is taking so long ? Should be a no brainer 

There might be less apparent competition at WVU.

I'd think these guys would want to be at their new school in time to participate in Spring practice. Waiting until that's over to decide should seriously hurt their shot at being the starter in the Fall.

Just now, DAG said:

Another no brainer. Go to OU. I know , I know his OC is now coaching at Maryland but sometimes you got to make business decisions.

And that's the trend right now.

Just now, ellitor said:

We don't actually know that or the level of AU's interest. Gus is keeping things very tight lipped right now & what he may want or his plans may be for a GT QB. Hasn't been much from the AK camp either besides the instagram photos he's taken to the places he has been.

Well I have to imagine they have to be very interested if he just decided to shell out money to visit auburn and Auburn asked for him to come through. 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

There might be less apparent competition at WVU.

I'd think these guys would want to be at their new school in time to participate in Spring practice. Waiting until that's over to decide should seriusly hurt heir shot at being the starter in the Fall.

Exactly my thoughts as well. 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Waiting until that's over to decide should seriusly hurt heir shot at being the starter in the Fall.

Not if none of the other QBs steps up or Bo had not made great progress through Spring camp. Although it would be ideal for sure to get 1 now if it were to happen.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Well I have to imagine they have to be very interested if he just decided to shell out money to visit auburn and Auburn asked for him to come through. 

He was on a Southern tour. It wasn't that much money to include AU a part of the tour.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not if none of the other QBs steps up or Bo had not made great progress through Spring camp. Although it would be ideal for sure to get 1 now if it were to happen.

Looking at it from the coach's standpoint, if a guy wasn't in school for Spring practice he'd have to be Peyton Manning part 2 before I'd risk  a scholarship on him. QB is usually settled by the end of Spring practice, whether that decision is made public or not.

Archived