Former 4* QB OU GT Austin Kendall to WVU (Update 1/16/19)

RunInRed

Josh Moon is about to tweet that someone who would know told him an AU booster reached out to former HC Stoops to get Riley’s number so he could paypal him some $ to have him block a transfer to WVU.  

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, AU64 said:

You being sarcastic

Nope! I'm dead serious, pissed off at Riley & giving Loof & you 100% credit for getting the loyalty thing right on the AK transfer.

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

I'm thinking that is the next step if they approve the move by Fields from UGA....."the coach said I would start and then brought in another guy"…. is the next reason for immediate transfer.   I'm pretty old....but bet I live to see what amounts to just about free agency....

Fields is not a grad transfer & I don't think they will approve immediate eligibility for undergrads across the board nor should they. The system now is based on contracts that a school provides all the education & funding needed for that education for student athletes to get their undergrad degrees in exchange for the student- athletes athletic services. Once the student gets his undergrad he should be able to go wherever he chooses with no restrictions.

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Is that a problem?

Why is everyone so scared of the players being able to do what's best for them?

I think if that system developed it would lead to even more of the rich get richer. IMO

52 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Josh Moon is about to tweet that someone who would know told him an AU booster reached out to former HC Stoops to get Riley’s number so he could paypal him some $ to have him block a transfer to WVU.  

hahaha 

2 minutes ago, kd4au said:

I think if that system developed it would lead to even more of the rich get richer. IMO

To quote Jeff Foxwothy, "It would be total pandelerium."

13 minutes ago, kd4au said:

Yep. It is already a problem as is. We thought OSU and OK would have down years since they had no viable QB. Well problem solved. 

People talk about AU winning with transfer QBs... look at what OK is doing just about every year. 

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Yep. It is already a problem as is. We thought OSU and OK would have down years since they had no viable QB. Well problem solved. 

People talk about AU winning with transfer QBs... look at what OK is doing just about every year. 

We got our transfers from jucos and a program that was basically purged after a systemic rape culture was exposed. 

OK is getting a backup QB from bama. That is not the rich getting richer. 

OSU is getting a backup QB from uga. Same story.

I just don't see this massive shift of players who are putting up numbers and winning games at Directional U sliding over to teams that have recruited the Tuas, Trevors and Bos. It's rarely going to make sense for either side. 

I think what you'll see much more often is the same thing we mostly see now- P5 non-starters moving laterally or down. 

1 hour ago, The Plainsman said:

Let it go 

40 minutes ago, kd4au said:

If the top 10% was able to get closer to Clemson-Bama (and I guess sorry azz UGA) because of these gradual changes, then it’d allow for a better chance at parity than trying to hope UNC, Arkansas, or any of those other smaller D1 teams dethrone the kings. The bowl season already outside the CFP barely matters anymore, being anything other than in the top 4 (especially 5-10) barely matters for a lot more teams. The outside of the game is being professionalized, it’s time for the inside of it to be 

40 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean, I’ve said it three different times in this thread lol. 

Go for 4

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Nope! I'm dead serious, pissed off & giving Loof & you 100% credit for getting the loyalty thing right on the AK transfer.

Fields is not a grad transfer & I don't think they will approve immediate eligibility for undergrads across the board nor should they. The system now is based on contracts that a school provides all the education & funding needed for that education for student athletes to get their undergrad degrees in exchange for the student- athletes athletic services. Once the student gets his undergrad he should be able to go wherever he chooses with no restrictions.

I agree on the GT...no way to limit them....I saying that any player will soon be able to move without sitting out a year....might be some minor restrictions about which schools or conferences.  Patterson's reason was pretty weak... (would not be able to play in a bowl game) coaches mislead him....   That was weak enough and Fields being "in danger" because of some loudmouth baseball player?   As I say, these days, anyone with a bit of imagination can come up with something good enough to get the approval. JMO

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

and a program that was basically purged after a systemic rape culture was exposed.

???

27 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Go for 4

Let's not & say we did. We go round & round too much on the boards as is.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Stidham came from Baylor, no?

Yes. I forgot about them. I was thinking who did we get from Penn St.? Then I thought no, completely different disgusting issue. So I was stumped.

16 minutes ago, AU64 said:

I saying that any player will soon be able to move without sitting out a year....might be some minor restrictions about which schools or conferences.

I know that's what you said & as I said in my reply, that is still unlikely to happen barring a kid being a GT IMO.

19 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Patterson's reason was pretty weak... (would not be able to play in a bowl game) coaches mislead him

Never heard that about Shea.

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Patterson's reason was pretty weak... (would not be able to play in a bowl game) coaches mislead him

How is that weak? Do you not believe him or do you think that a staff should be able to lie to their players about the status of NCAA investigations and sanctions?

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

How is that weak? Do you not believe him or do you think that a staff should be able to lie to their players about the status of NCAA investigations and sanctions?

His own brother was on the staff 

luls

Just going to say I am all for the players controlling their destiny as much as possible. This situation might play in our favor although it is completely ridiculous and most of Oklahoma fans based on social media fee the same 

Oklahoma reportedly trying to prevent AK from making the Wva ....move....that's not sounding good to the outside world....Did Nick move to Oklahoma while I was not looking? 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Oklahoma reportedly trying to prevent AK from making the Wva ....move....that's not sounding good to the outside world....Did Nick move to Oklahoma while I was not looking? 

Yea i saw that. This is the most hypocritical move LR could make....he is literally bringing in a GT and then blocking him...I get that they are in same Conf. and play each other but if he doesnt think he is good enough to carry his offense in 19 then he shouldn't be so worried to block him from going to WVU

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Which lie is important ?    You are the key to our recruiting class?   NCAA is not a problem? ... or some other one?   .    If Patterson believed the NCAA was not an; issue at Ole Miss  he was about the only person in the southeast who believed that.    Don't know what any coach said to any player about his prospects or the season ahead,  but in sales and law, "puffery" is tolerated and apparently also with football coaches when talking to  prospective players.    

Archived