***AU vs WSU Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good to see Grant getting his touches and working that thing on out.

Lots of folks have been writing Corey off. Us Opelika High folk know that he is FAST!

I didn't know any better but I kept hoping that he was better than many were saying. I think the whole Bama thing turned some against him.

OK...back by 8....but in my mind I can see about 21 points of missed opportunities...

A few observations...

1. Adams is a beast...and it's a shame he seems to be our best DT already. Outside of Adams, DT is still a problem.

2. Norcuron doesn't need to post on the game threads...I mean, damn.

3. Corey Grant is going to be more useful than O-Mac running the ball...he can run inside a bit better and is blazing on the outside. We'll see if he becomes as useful as O-Mac was as a receiver.

4. Coates and Louis are great athletes, but need to focus on catching the ball to be great receivers.

5. It is rough when your QB doesn't go through spring training.

6. Prosch is having a rough game...missed blocks and that hold. Strange to have two RB holds in this game already.

7. Marshall will improve as a couple of receivers step up. Bray has been solid, but the rest have disappointed me, and I expected either Uzomah or Fulse to have had more of an impact.

It will get better, but we need another TD or more to clinch this game.

I think we look much better than last year, running game pretty good, even though they are passing like crazy our defenders are in position, running D is OK. NM needs to get dialed in a bit (maybe 1st game jitters contributing to the overthrows?). Tackling is better. But we need to string together more sustained drives and score TDs instead of FGs.

Archived