Coaching Vacancies............

AUfan_UAgrad

I know it's still early in the year but man it could be a coaches dream after this season with the big time schools that might have coaching vacancies:

Texas

Nebraska

USCw

Georgia

Miss State

I bet Jimmy Sexton goes in to meltdown. ********************Meant to post in Rivals area*********************

Agreed, Richt stays. The others probably not. But maybe not enough good coaches available. So some program's stick it out another year

Forget MSU as well. That's not happening. They aren't paying Mullen's buyout, and frankly, they're too level-headed (or cynical or beaten-down... whatever word you want) to boot a guy after one bad season (that might not even end up that bad).

Why should UGA keep Richt?

Richt has 13 years at UGA. 0 undefeated seasons, zero NCs

Auburn has had 3 head coaches in that time, 2 undefeated seasons, and 1 official NC.

UAT has had 4 head coaches, 1 undefeated season, and 3 NCs

LSU has had 2 head coaches, 0 undefeated seasons and 1 NC.

Florida has had 4 head coaches, 0 undefeated season and 2 NCs.

Auburn has had 3 head coaches in that time, 2 undefeated seasons, and 1 official NC.

UGA has been consistantly good since Richt has been there. He does his job without controversy, has UGA in the hunt almost every year, recruits with the best of them, and has been close. Lst year UGA was 5 yds from beating Bammer in the SEC championship game. I think Richt is an elite coach. Are they going to get someone better? Who would that be?

Who is UGA going to go out and get? They would have to go with an unproven HC or a coach from a smaller school who hasn't proven himself on the big stage. Also, who would want to come coach at UGA if they get rid of Richt with his W/L percentage?

Dey like dem some Richt over there. He is a good, Christian man, he keeps them out of NCAA troubles, and he wins enough to apparently keep them satisfied. Who would they go after if they fired him? A coach with zero HC experience? A HC from a lesser division that hasn't proven he could manage a big time SEC program?

Richt is 68-29 in the SEC. 68-29. That's frickin' outstanding. Others are better, but you don't fire 68-29 in this conference.

Sure people do that....and then spend the next half dozen years regretting that they kicked out a very good coach because he was not perfect. Are any of the people so eager to get rid of Fulmer happy yet with their improved performance....and took Ole Miss until now after booting Cutcliff? Some schools and alums are not rational about what's possible ....and IMO they deserve to have the Kiffins and Nutts of the world come in and destroy their football programs.

Richt? I don't think he's on the hotseat with the administration as long as he keeps cranking out those 9 and 10 win seasons and keeps the program clean.

I certainly agree that Kiffin is out, Brown is likely on his way, and Pellini is questionable at this point.

I think one name that will be on the short list at USCw, Nebraska and Texas is Charlie Strong. He has done a really good job at Louisville, and those jobs would be a step up for him.

I think Richt is a good coach, but not a great coach. He has vastly under-achieved in regards to the amount of in-state talent that he has flowing through Georgia every year. Combine that with the fact that Florida & Tenessee have been down the past few years, and he has really nothing to show for it. That being said they are still ranked near the top 10 every year, so I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

I think Richt is a good coach, but not a great coach. He has vastly under-achieved in regards to the amount of in-state talent that he has flowing through Georgia every year. Combine that with the fact that Florida & Tenessee have been down the past few years, and he has really nothing to show for it. That being said they are still ranked near the top 10 every year, so I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

Before you get rid of a guy like MR you better be absolutely certain that you can sign up someone better.....and at this point, it would be hard to put a name to that requirement. It's much easier to replace some guy who has a few 6-7 seasons and maybe a couple minor bowls...but UGA has won a bunch of SEC East titles and played in a bowl game about every year for MR's entire time there.....and because he hasn't won an NC you are going to fire him.....don't think so.

Before you get rid of a guy like MR you better be absolutely certain that you can sign up someone better.....and at this point, it would be hard to put a name to that requirement. It's much easier to replace some guy who has a few 6-7 seasons and maybe a couple minor bowls...but UGA has won a bunch of SEC East titles and played in a bowl game about every year for MR's entire time there.....and because he hasn't won an NC you are going to fire him.....don't think so.

In twelve years at UGA he is 118-40 and 67-29 in the SEC. He took over a program that was strugggggling. We can only hope Gus' has a record like that after twelve seasons. I just never have understood all of the people not giving Richt credit. He is an outstanding HC IMO.

In twelve years at UGA he is 118-40 and 67-29 in the SEC. He took over a program that was strugggggling. We can only hope Gus' has a record like that after twelve seasons. I just never have understood all of the people not giving Richt credit. He is an outstanding HC IMO.

Yeah....his team has regularly kicked out butts....so maybe we should get on the "fire Richt" bandwagon and hope they get someone that does not seem to have our number?

Yeah....his team has regularly kicked out butts....so maybe we should get on the "fire Richt" bandwagon and hope they get someone that does not seem to have our number?

Yes he has. Great idea!

Just re-negotiated his contract last year didn't they?

Richt is 68-29 in the SEC. 68-29. That's frickin' outstanding. Others are better, but you don't fire 68-29 in this conference.

Sure people do that....and then spend the next half dozen years regretting that they kicked out a very good coach because he was not perfect. Are any of the people so eager to get rid of Fulmer happy yet with their improved performance....and took Ole Miss until now after booting Cutcliff? Some schools and alums are not rational about what's possible ....and IMO they deserve to have the Kiffins and Nutts of the world come in and destroy their football programs.

Frank Solich at Nebraska comes to mind.

Another name which might ought to be on the list is Muschamp. After watching that debacle against Miami, he might be in trouble. Anyway, if Richt's name is on the list why not Muschamp.

Another name which might ought to be on the list is Muschamp. After watching that debacle against Miami, he might be in trouble. Anyway, if Richt's name is on the list why not Muschamp.

I know several prominent UF boosters. Muschamp is good for now. He does need to work on the O, but UF fans know that cryer left the cupboard dry. They were a fumble, going in for a T.D., against UGA from being undefeated and in the SECCG.

Just re-negotiated his contract last year didn't they?

Maybe they're afraid if they fired him, they'd have to hire Derek Dooley..... :dunno:

Archived