2014 4* JUCO OT/TE Jordan Prestwood

CadillacCone

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone on another site posted that we are also looking at him just in case that GR leaves early. GR is now projected to be a 1st round pick.

With Prestwood being recruited by Auburn at TE I don't think so.

Someone on another site posted that we are also looking at him just in case that GR leaves early. GR is now projected to be a 1st round pick.

I seriously doubt GR would leave early. He's a rs-so with two years of elibility left and I haven't seen any mock draft that lists him as a 1st rounder. I think he can eventually become a top OL draft pick though.

I seriously doubt GR would leave early. He's a rs-so with two years of elibility left and I haven't seen any mock draft that lists him as a 1st rounder. I think he can eventually become a top OL draft pick though.

Mel Kiper has him projected at # 22.

I think Prestwood would be an OT as well. Have you seen a pic of him? He's huge!

That was probably him at over 300. He has slimmed down to 280 lbs.

Well we have seen Shon Coleman lined up as a TE so it is something Malzahn has shown he likes to do (put OT at TE for heavy sets).

Exactly. "Being recruited as..." is a meaningless term. A recruit is told what he wants to hear. After a school signs a player and he gets on campus, they complete evaluations and put him where he needs to be.

I'm really concerned with the possibility of Robinson leaving early. We are currently set-up to have an outstanding O-Line for the next 2-3 years. But what if everybody starts leaving early? What if Robinson AND Dismukes left after this year?

That's why I believe that it's important to recruit 3-4 quality OL every year. We paid the price at the end of the Tuberville days because he went a couple of years without signing O-linemen. I trust the coaches, but seeing that our one OL commitment is a 3* JUCO center/guard admittedly has me worried.

I'm really concerned with the possibility of Robinson leaving early. We are currently set-up to have an outstanding O-Line for the next 2-3 years. But what if everybody starts leaving early? What if Robinson AND Dismukes left after this year?

That's why I believe that it's important to recruit 3-4 quality OL every year. We paid the price at the end of the Tuberville days because he went a couple of years without signing O-linemen. I trust the coaches, but seeing that our one OL commitment is a 3* JUCO center/guard admittedly has me worried.

it's a new day isn't limited to Feb '14. Maybe these guys want to be a part of what's coming. You gotta think these guys knowing what the top looks like fuels them to distance themselves from last year. Read the SI article. Prosch pretty much said after the IB they were just glad it was over.

Is he agile/versatile enough to line up at TE for us? With his size, I'm not sure what his speed is like, but if he was quick with his size, he'd have offers from all over the place :dunno:

Is he agile/versatile enough to line up at TE for us? With his size, I'm not sure what his speed is like, but if he was quick with his size, he'd have offers from all over the place :dunno:

Speed is not the most important thing for a TE in this offense. We are a power run team.

Is he agile/versatile enough to line up at TE for us? With his size, I'm not sure what his speed is like, but if he was quick with his size, he'd have offers from all over the place :dunno:/>

Speed is not the most important thing for a TE in this offense. We are a power run team.

Edge blocking....plus the occasional mismatch in the passing game

Is he agile/versatile enough to line up at TE for us? With his size, I'm not sure what his speed is like, but if he was quick with his size, he'd have offers from all over the place :dunno:/>

Edge blocking....plus the occasional mismatch in the passing game

Redzone ;)

He will be a manly man and able to run a 4.7 when Coach Russell gets done with him.

;D

Prestwood tweets:

"Getting lots of love from Auburn fans at the Atlanta airport. UGA fans aren't feeling my Auburn shirt I'm sporting too much."

"Best game I have ever been to. Love Auburn #WarEagle"

"War Damn Eagle"

"Auburnnnnnnnnn"

"Loving this visit"

Prestwood tweets:

"Getting lots of love from Auburn fans at the Atlanta airport. UGA fans aren't feeling my Auburn shirt I'm sporting too much."

"War Damn Eagle"

"Auburnnnnnnnnn"

"Loving this visit"

Wow. Sounds like it is to commit!

Prestwood tweets:

"War Damn Eagle"

"Auburnnnnnnnnn"

"Loving this visit"

Wow. Sounds like it is time to commit!

Archived