All things rankings

ellitor

Not talking about a Fan's sense of entitlement, and with all due respect to McLoofus and E, the problem with many teams is most assuredly a sense of entitlement. Just like the problems AU faced after 2010, and FSU is facing right now. Jameis Winston, Michael Dyer, Reuben Foster, Alvin Kamara, Dee Liner, DeAngelo Benton, Zeke Pike and dozens of UGA kids since all have issues with entitlement. Winston's issues don't stem from anything he experienced in Tallahassee. He and the others all brought that to school with them. You get more than one of them on a team and it is infectious. I have been in enough locker rooms that I speak from experience. Reuben doesn't have any rings I'm aware of, yet HIS SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT is the stuff of legends. Unless I am just way off, AJ wasn't talking about fans infecting the locker room, with all due respect.

1. Not saying AJ has not made comments but I have not seen them. 2. you are grouping kids together as entitlement issues when IMO their issues had nothing to do with entitlement. Zeke for example had isues running his mouth and partying too much. Had nothing to do with entitlement IMO. Dixie you are one of the coolest people I know but you can get fired up easily and passionately on issues just like Zeke did. I don't see one sense of entitlement to you either. I see a hard working man that likes to get fired up some times and there ain't a dad gum thing wrong with that. I don't know what's going on Bama's locker room now and I really don't care. There may be entitlement issues there now. It will show on the field in due time if it's there. But I stand by what I said my friend. In that 4 year stretch from 09-12 where they won 3 natties there was not entitlement. Hard arse work won those natties. If there was entitlement in the players in that time the hard work would not have been there because psychologically entitlement breed a laxing mind set and lower work ethic. The end result would have been them not winning the natties.

If you had, you might have saved yourself a lot of typing. What Dixie referenced was exactly what AJ said about some of his own team mates. I am sure he would know.

It would not save any typing. All I said and was my point from the beginning is that it was not there in 09-12 because there is no way a team wins 3 natties in 4 years with entitlement issues. The psychological complacency that comes with that makes it almost impossible to do. It very well may be there now. The point of me saying I had not seen what AJ said was to get someone to post a link of it. Whatever he said is not common knowledge to me.

I believe Dixie referenced two specific bowl games vs. Utah and Oklahoma. I believe he is referring to the fact that they felt anything less than the title game was beneath them. Is that a healthy attitude?

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe Dixie referenced two specific bowl games vs. Utah and Oklahoma. I believe he is referring to the fact that they felt anything less than the title game was beneath them. Is that a healthy attitude?

84 referenced those games. I don't consider that entitlement either and no it's not health but it';s not just a Bama thing either. It happens to a number of teams in Bowl games every year. This is what I said on that in the previous page...IMO no.Not caring as much as the other team because of being disappointed in the Bowl they are in is a more likely explanation. It happens to a number of teams who are in a lesser bowl then they planned to be in.

Not talking about a Fan's sense of entitlement, and with all due respect to McLoofus and E, the problem with many teams is most assuredly a sense of entitlement. Just like the problems AU faced after 2010, and FSU is facing right now. Jameis Winston, Michael Dyer, Reuben Foster, Alvin Kamara, Dee Liner, DeAngelo Benton, Zeke Pike and dozens of UGA kids since all have issues with entitlement. Winston's issues don't stem from anything he experienced in Tallahassee. He and the others all brought that to school with them. You get more than one of them on a team and it is infectious. I have been in enough locker rooms that I speak from experience. Reuben doesn't have any rings I'm aware of, yet HIS SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT is the stuff of legends. Unless I am just way off, AJ wasn't talking about fans infecting the locker room, with all due respect.

1. Not saying AJ has not made comments but I have not seen them. 2. you are grouping kids together as entitlement issues when IMO their issues had nothing to do with entitlement. Zeke for example had isues running his mouth and partying too much. Had nothing to do with entitlement IMO. Dixie you are one of the coolest people I know but you can get fired up easily and passionately on issues just like Zeke did. I don't see one sense of entitlement to you either. I see a hard working man that likes to get fired up some times and there ain't a dad gum thing wrong with that. I don't know what's going on Bama's locker room now and I really don't care. There may be entitlement issues there now. It will show on the field in due time if it's there. But I stand by what I said my friend. In that 4 year stretch from 09-12 where they won 3 natties there was not entitlement. Hard arse work won those natties. If there was entitlement in the players in that time the hard work would not have been there because psychologically entitlement breed a laxing mind set and lower work ethic. The end result would have been them not winning the natties.

If you had, you might have saved yourself a lot of typing. What Dixie referenced was exactly what AJ said about some of his own team mates. I am sure he would know.

It would not save any typing. All I said and was my point from the beginning is that it was not there in 09-12 because there is no way a team wins 3 natties in 4 years with entitlement issues. The psychological complacency that comes with that makes it almost impossible to do. It very well may be there now. The point of me saying I had not seen what AJ said was to get someone to post a link of it. Whatever he said is not common knowledge to me.

Link

Link

That article demonstrates that the older players certainly bought into saban's philosophy of making excuses and blaming everything on somebody lower down the food chain.

That article demonstrates that the older players certainly bought into saban's philosophy of making excuses and blaming everything on somebody lower down the food chain.

Yeah, Nick apparently doesn't teach seniors to take leadership.

I watched the Utah game and Utah just outplayed the dark side.....There was no lack of effort by the turds at all....

If Gus and Nick start trading 1 and 2, it's over man.

Malzahn is already a better COACH than Nick, now you're giving him equivalent talent? Wow.

:hellyeah::big::hellyeah:

Plus, Sabear is perfect for Bama in terms of image, and the same is true of Gus and Auburn. There's nothing cool about Nick. Cold, yes; cool, no. Meanwhile, Gus has the 'it factor', as he would say. I think things are falling into place nicely.

I watched the Utah game and Utah just outplayed the dark side.....There was no lack of effort by the turds at all....

UAT was outplayed, out hustled, and out coached!

Yeah, Nick apparently doesn't teach seniors to take leadership.

This is exactly what I was thinking. This article reveals an issue with leadership among the upper classmen on that team. If they made it all the way to the end of the season and then felt the need to address the entitlement issue one has to ask what they were doing from a leadership perspective all year? The underclassmen are just a scapegoat if the seniors couldn't keep them motivated. This could be the culture that reveals a lot about the program as a whole?

Yes, yes and yes. Sabear has made some comments to the same affect as AJ. Many of the Bama fans that I actually respect (there are some) and who are around that program have said the same. It most certainly starts at the top. It is the reason why the older player makes negative comments about the younger kids. It is the reason a certain coach felt like he could justify a covert rule change. It is why they feel certain bowls are beneath them. It is why we are gaining on them in every aspect of the two programs. They all feel like just because they are Bama, we should all lose voluntarily, and feel honored in doing so.

I was merely attempting to point out that when your entire team is used to having everything handed to them since they were in Pop Warner, it can lead to problems. None of them have fought for a position before. And when they meet the first resistance, they will not know how to deal with it. I never said that all 5*'s have this problem. It can be fixed as well, but if you wind up with one too many like this, you can have your work cut out for you.

It is very much a Cancer. It sneaks in and if you aren't careful it can be too late before you notice it.

Guest jojo1515

Who is this bamma you people speak of? I thought this was AU is now #2 thread...now that is something worth talking about ;)

I know that some of you "in the know" say this year we'll be top 5 and next year we have a good shot at #1, but I feel really good about this year. It would not surprise me to see us at #1 or 2 THIS year!

I think a lot of that depends on what kind of season with this new playoff deal we're facing this year. I'm sure someone will post that I'm all wrong and I have no clue on what I'm talking about.

This is supposed to be the year. Two years after the national championship. And then we actually play for one last year which should only help the cause. I will be disappointed if we are outside the top five

I think a lot of that depends on what kind of season with this new playoff deal we're facing this year. I'm sure someone will post that I'm all wrong and I have no clue on what I'm talking about.

What are you talking about?!? YOU ARE ALL WRONG!! :poke: Now that THAT is out of the way...

I think you are absolutely, 100% correct!! This season will be very big to our DL and WR recruiting especially. If things go the way we all hope, we easily finish around Top 5 this year.

A long way to go to NSD but for the 1st time in 14 year history of football recruiting sites, Auburn is in the top 3 on all sites.

A long way to go to NSD but for the 1st time in 14 year history of football recruiting sites, Auburn is in the top 3 on all sites.

link..................... j/k.......... e

Very nice.

Even with the disclaimer, that is quite a statement. WDE, Auburn coaches!

Any news about upcoming BIG CAT WEEKEND?

Who would be on your (10) "must have" invite list??

I would say Torrance Gibson, Trent Thompson, Tyler Carr, Daylon Mack, Daron Payne, Chandler Cox, CeCe Jefferson, Natrez Patrick, Jeffery Holland, Roquan Smith

War Eagle!

Archived