All things rankings

ellitor

Shouldn't Jovon or mcgriff be among the top 250? Thank for the list wde

They don't rank Juco guys. As for McGriff, it's their subjective list, and they clearly don't think he belongs in the top 250.

Agree, though- thanks for posting, CameronCrazy. We've got a great shot at many names on that list.

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This question is for E and any of the other insiders. When should we expect to get commits coming in for the DL? Several Auburn guys in my circle are hitting the panic button IMO when it comes to being worried about us not getting any DT/DL commits yet. I keep telling them that those guys are most likely not going to commit until the end of the year or in Feb. (esp. the 4* and 5* guys) b/c they have the luxury of waiting b/c of their demand whereas offense guys who have Auburn on their list have to decide quickly as those spots will fill up quickly. I'm not worried as I have a ton of faith in Garner to work his magic. Is this take pretty accurate?

This question is for E and any of the other insiders. When should we expect to get commits coming in for the DL? Several Auburn guys in my circle are hitting the panic button IMO when it comes to being worried about us not getting any DT/DL commits yet. I keep telling them that those guys are most likely not going to commit until the end of the year or in Feb. (esp. the 4* and 5* guys) b/c they have the luxury of waiting b/c of their demand whereas offense guys who have Auburn on their list have to decide quickly as those spots will fill up quickly. I'm not worried as I have a ton of faith in Garner to work his magic. Is this take pretty accurate?

3* juco DE Jonathan Calvin plans to commit by the end of June. 3* DT Jauntavius Johnson could commit at any time. AU leads for both.

3* juco DE Jonathan Calvin plans to commit by the end of June. 3* DT Jauntavius Johnson could commit at any time. AU leads for both.

Gotcha. Was interested in more so your take as well as others opinions on when it comes to the DL recruits and why they highly rated guys don't usually commit as early as the offensive players.

Gotcha. Was interested in more so your take as well as others opinions on when it comes to the DL recruits and why they highly rated guys don't usually commit as early as the offensive players.

That's an overgeneralized statement IMO. Outside of QBs and RBs, where there's a dominos affect of who goes where, I don't think there is a historical difference with offensive players commiting early before defensive players. The name of the game is building relationships. Garner felt our D Line had habits so bad that he focused on coaching instead of recruiting til late in the year last year. Obviously when he turned his attention to recruiting later in the season he had some very good results. With that said relationships are usually a 2 year thing minimum in recruiting so I would not be surprised if Garner is making up for lost time now with the 2015 kids since he focused last year so much on coaching the current D Line. I would not be surprised if Garner catches up on the relationship front and pulls a couple of rabbits out of his hat oin NSD.

That's an overgeneralized statement IMO. Outside of QBs and RBs, where there's a dominos affect of who goes where, I don't think there is a historical difference with offensive players commiting early before defensive players. The name of the game is building relationships. Garner felt our D Line had habits so bad that he focused on coaching instead of recruiting til late in the year last year. Obviously when he turned his attention to recruiting later in the season he had some very good results. With that said relationships are usually a 2 year thing minimum in recruiting so I would not be surprised if Garner is making up for lost time now with the 2015 kids since he focused last year so much on coaching the current D Line. I would not be surprised if Garner catches up on the relationship front and pulls a couple of rabbits out of his hat oin NSD.

Certainly understand all of that. Was just looking to get some feedback b/c although I don't have an stats on the issue it does seem like in recent years DL guys have waited across the board more than the offense guys. But def. understand the relationship aspect and like you I believe we'll get a couple surprises like we did with Monty. I have not followed Trent's recruiting too much but that situation seems very similar to Monty. We shall see. Thanks for your insight!

Braden Smith was a big surprise to me when he committed to us on ESPN.

At that point it should not have been a surprise. A few weeks to a month earlier, yes a surprise.

http://ec.libsyn.com...15&c_id=7266273

Interesting Podcast with Will Woods and Keith Niebuhr....it is lengthy so I jotted down some tidbits by Neibuhr

Projections:

- Auburn should sign 23-25 people (as of right now)

- Auburn to have 15-17 4* star players when the ink is dry

-Top Three Class

Defense

- Auburn wants two or three linebackers, possibly Holland, Mcbryde and Williams.... Colbert will likely switch to LB. ( Colbert already weighs 215 pounds)

-Jeffery Holland- He likes Auburn more and more every visit. He is not willing to put Holland on commit watch and he stressed Auburn only has a slight edge over Florida. Holland will more than likely take all his official visits.

-Linebacker commitment Darryl Williams - locked in

-Richard Mcbryde- Could pull the trigger to Auburn in the next month or two.

- Trent Thompson no longer a slam-dunk to Georgia. However, still got a ways to go

- Auburn is currently monitoring Maurice Swain- juco defensive lineman in Mississippi (no offer)

- Jauntavious Johnson should be a part of the Auburn class by the end of the summer.

-Auburn will continue to work on DE Natrez Patrick( UGA commitment) until the very end.(Georgia has 4 defensive ends committed ATM)

-Johnathon Ledbetter is shakey in his commitment to Alabama but he may end up committing to UGA

Offense

-Golson gets here...he can play either guard position or right tackle...gives auburn flexibility

-Darryl Williams- Good chance he joins the class because Dallas Warmack will probably sign with the turds

-Tyler Carr- UGA is recruiting him hard, sooner he commits, the better the chances for Auburn.

-Martez Ivey- Niebuhrs number one player in the country in his mind- Auburn is all in for Ivey, has a great foundation with Chandler cox, and willing to have 6 offensive lineman for the class.

-Javon Patterson- 50/50 battle against Ole Miss...(first come first serve with Tyler Carr)

-Kerryon Johnson- recruiting for Auburn at BCW even though he plans on taking other official visits. Kerryon does not mind sitting couple years because he understands it is less mileage on his legs when he leaves for the NFL.

--------------------------------------------He never went over Auburns Receiver recruiting class---------------------------------------------------------

-Niehbuhr thinks Tony Bridges and Montavious Atkinson are two players he would be concerned with about decommitting. As far as Bridges, he is only concerned because Bridges has only taken one visit and Ole Miss is hott on his trail.

Interesting Podcast with Will Woods and Keith Niebuhr....it is lengthy so I jotted down some tidbits by Neibuhr

Projections:

-Top Three Class

Defense

- Auburn wants two or three linebackers, possibly Holland, Mcbryde and Williams.... Colbert will likely switch to LB. ( Colbert already weighs 215 pounds)

-Jeffrey Holland- He likes Auburn more and more every visit. He is not willing to put Holland on commit watch and he stressed Auburn only has a slight edge over Florida. Holland will more than likely take all his official visits.

- Trent Thompson no longer a slam-dunk to Georgia. However, still got a ways to go

- Auburn is currently monitoring Maurice Swain- juco defensive lineman in Mississippi (no offer)

- Jauntavious Johnson should be a part of the Auburn class by the end of the summer.

-Auburn will continue to work on DE Natrez Patrick( UGA commitment) until the very end.(Georgia has 4 defensive ends committed ATM)

-Johnathon Ledbetter is shakey in his commitment to Alabama but he may end up committing to UGA

Offense

-Golson gets here...he can play either guard position or right tackle...gives auburn flexibility

-Darryl Williams- Good chance he joins the class because Dallas Warmack will probably sign with the turds

-Tyler Carr- UGA is recruiting him hard, sooner he commits, the better the chances for Auburn.

-Martez Ivy- Niebuhrs number one player in the country in his mind- Auburn is all in for Ivey, has a great foundation with Chandler cox, and willing to have 6 offensive lineman for the class.

-Javon Patterson- 50/50 battle against Ole Miss...(first come first serve with Tyler Carr)

-Kerryon Johnson- recruiting for Auburn at BCW even though he plans on taking other official visits. Kerryon does not mind sitting couple years because he understands it is less mileage on his legs when he leaves for the NFL.

--------------------------------------------He never went over Auburns Receiver recruiting class---------------------------------------------------------

-Niehbuhr thinks Tony Bridges and Montavious Atkinson are two players he would be concerned with about decommitting. As far as Bridges, he is only concerned because Bridges has only taken one visit and Ole Miss is hott on his trail.

Thanks! Hope we hold on to MA!

Projections:

-Top Three Class

Defense

-Jeffrey Holland- He likes Auburn more and more every visit. He is not willing to put Holland on commit watch and he stressed Auburn only has a slight edge over Florida. Holland will more than likely take all his official visits.

Offense

-Martez Ivy- Niebuhrs number one player in the country in his mind- Auburn is all in for Ivey, has a great foundation with Chandler cox, and willing to have 6 offensive lineman for the class.

Great info. and summary! Thanks!

Dang! Sorry aujeff11! I am getting tired and didn't look at the previous page. Nice summary!

Thanks, a lot of it was redundant as E and other major contributors keep us well informed. Since 17 year old kids change their minds a lot, I figured I'd go ahead and post the latest news. Niebuhr didn't say anything new about the quarterbacks and he said nothing at all about about the prospective wide receivers... so that was disappointing. WDE

How do you find the podcast? I have signed up through auburnsideline.com but have not gotten anything from them.

How do you find the podcast? I have signed up through auburnsideline.com but have not gotten anything from them.

I found it on twitter. Will woods tweeted the link yesterday and Niebuhr retweeted it.

I found it on twitter. Will woods tweeted the link yesterday and Niebuhr retweeted it.

Muchas Gracias.

Yes, big thanks to aujeff11 and everybody else who keeps sharing the good stuff.

I found that tidbit about Kerryon Johnson very interesting. Smart kid. And my, how times have changed.

We need to keep Bridges and Atkinson. TB may be the best corner prospect in HS/JUCO combined for 2015.

Totally agree with you Dixie, Bridges could be a shut down corner, and Akinson is perfect for the Star position.

We need to keep Bridges and Atkinson. TB may be the best corner prospect in HS/JUCO combined for 2015.

Totally agree with you Dixie, Bridges could be a shut down corner, and Akinson is perfect for the Star position.

If Auburn gets a commitment from D'Andre Walker then I like our chances to keep Atkinson.

If Auburn gets a commitment from D'Andre Walker then I like our chances to keep Atkinson.

Aren't we trending right now?

Archived