All things rankings

ellitor

Any news about upcoming BIG CAT WEEKEND?

Who would be on your (10) "must have" invite list??

I would say Torrance Gibson, Trent Thompson, Tyler Carr, Daylon Mack, Daron Payne, Chandler Cox, CeCe Jefferson, Natrez Patrick, Jeffery Holland, Roquan Smith

War Eagle!

My Elite 18 for BCW in no order taking into account the staffs wants are

Kai Locksley

Torrence Gibson

Jovon

Jayson Stanley

Hale Hentages

Martez Ivey

Drew Richmond

Natrez Patrick

Jalen Dalton

Daron

Daylon Mack

Trent Thompson

Jeff Holland

Darrell Williams

Richard McBryde

Ro Smith

Terrance McFadden

Terry Godwin

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Torrance Gibson, Trent Thompson, Tyler Carr, Daylon Mack, Daron Payne, Chandler Cox, CeCe Jefferson, Natrez Patrick, Jeffery Holland, Roquan Smith

War Eagle!

Kai Locksley

Torrence Gibson

Jovon

Jayson Stanley

Hale Hentages

Martez Ivey

Drew Richmond

Natrez Patrick

Jalen Dalton

Daron

Daylon Mack

Trent Thompson

Jeff Holland

Darrell Williams

Richard McBryde

Ro Smith

Terrance McFadden

Terry Godwin

I like those names.

War Eagle!

Kai Locksley

Torrence Gibson

Jovon

Jayson Stanley

Hale Hentages

Martez Ivey

Drew Richmond

Natrez Patrick

Jalen Dalton

Daron

Daylon Mack

Trent Thompson

Jeff Holland

Darrell Williams

Richard McBryde

Ro Smith

Terrance McFadden

Terry Godwin

I think BCW needs its own thread.

War Eagle!

Kai Locksley

Torrence Gibson

Jovon

Jayson Stanley

Hale Hentages

Martez Ivey

Drew Richmond

Natrez Patrick

Jalen Dalton

Daron

Daylon Mack

Trent Thompson

Jeff Holland

Darrell Williams

Richard McBryde

Ro Smith

Terrance McFadden

Terry Godwin

I think BCW needs its own thread.

It will get it in a couple weeks. Still nobody publicly confirmed yet. A bunch of maybes now.

Is there a thread for Big Cat weekend? What's the dates? thanks.

Not for another week or so and it has always been on Memorial Day Saturday and there are no indications that date will change.

Any projections on how the Williams commitment will impact the rankings?

We're third behind the turds and Penn State on 247. PSU has 1 more commitment than we do.

1 Alabama

94.26 Average

270.26 Total

2 Penn State

90.56 Average

231.40 Total

3 Auburn

90.37 Average

210.89 Total

EDIT: Williams added about 10 points to our total score. Also, the link for this info is in the first post in this thread.

About Penn state...... How in the heck is Franklin doing that. I'm not thrilled about how he treated vandy at the end so I'm gonna assume he is cheating.

No movement. Penn St. got 3 commits after we passed them and are now comfortably #2.

About Penn state...... How in the heck is Franklin doing that. I'm not thrilled about how he treated vandy at the end so I'm gonna assume he is cheating.

Unless you know what's going on I would not publically assume he is cheating. That is awfully judgemental in that case.

As for how he is doing it? That's a lay up question. Any guy who can bring in top 25 classes at Vandy like JF did will consistently bring in top 5 to 7 classes at a Top 20 jub like Penn St. He is 1 of the top 5 if not the top recruiting HC in college football.

Unless you know what's going on I would not publically assume he is cheating. That is awfully judgemental in that case.

As for how he is doing it? That's a lay up question. Any guy who can bring in top 25 classes at Vandy like JF did will consistently bring in top 5 to 7 classes at a Top 20 jub like Penn St. He is 1 of the top 5 if not the top recruiting HC in college football.

it probably is judgmental...I dont like the way he treated Vanderbilt and I hope karma bites him in the butt.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2014/04/29/vanderbilt-football-rape-case-james-franklin/8477451/

Kai Locksley

Torrence Gibson

Jovon

Jayson Stanley

Hale Hentages

Martez Ivey

Drew Richmond

Natrez Patrick

Jalen Dalton

Daron

Daylon Mack

Trent Thompson

Jeff Holland

Darrell Williams

Richard McBryde

Ro Smith

Terrance McFadden

Terry Godwin

Just for fun... Here's my Elite 18:

Torrance Gibson

Jovon Robinson

Christian Owens or Jayson Stanley

Hale Hentges

Chandler Cox

Martez Ivey

Drew Richmond

Darryl Williams

Trent Thompson

Daron Payne

Daylon Mack

Byron Cowart

Natrez Patrick

Marquavius Lewis

Jeff Holland

Kevin Toliver

Terry Godwin

Tarvarus McFadden

Just missed (next five):

Kai Locksley

Tyler Carr

Roquan Smith

Rashad Roundtree

Darius Slayton

I love these list! My Elite 18 would be...

Torrance Gibson

Jovon Robinson

Chandler Cox

Jayson Stanley

Martez Ivey

Drew Richmond

Javon Patterson

Trent Thompson

Daylon Mack

Natrez Patrick

Byron Cowart

Jeffrey Holland

Roquan Smith

Josh McMillion

Terry Godwin

Tavarrus McFadden

Jamal Peters

Rashad Roundtree

it probably is judgmental...I dont like the way he treated Vanderbilt and I hope karma bites him in the butt.

http://www.usatoday....anklin/8477451/

That article has nothing to do with how he treated Vandy and is a distortion of the facts. Consider the source--it comes from attorneys defending an alleged rapist.

James Franklin: ‘I want to be as open and transparent as I can be’

The prosecutor defended Franklin’s actions toward the alleged victim earlier in the week and didn’t seem pleased that the story has taken the turn it has. “I think he and his wife called and said they were praying for her and thinking about her. It was probably a pretty nice thing to do, and it gets thrown up like this,” deputy district attorney Tom Thurman said Wednesday. “Obviously, it wasn’t for any purpose of covering up or anything like that. It was showing support, which was a nice thing to do. That’s the only contact I know about.”

So what specifically don't you like about how Franklin left Vandy? Unless you somehow think he pledged to stay at Vandy "until death do us part" and then left her for a prettier girl, I don't see your beef.

Not to pile on, but Vandy folks probably look at Franklin roughly the same way Ole Miss folks looked at Tubs, Iowa State fans looked at Chizik and Arky State fans look at Malzahn.

So what specifically don't you like about how Franklin left Vandy? Unless you somehow think he pledged to stay at Vandy "until death do us part" and then left her for a prettier girl, I don't see your beef.

Take it to PMs fellas. We are keeping this AU centered.

Not to pile on, but Vandy folks probably look at Franklin roughly the same way Ole Miss folks looked at Tubs, Iowa State fans looked at Chizik and Arky State fans look at Malzahn.

Iowa St fans were actually happy Chiz left. Any more on that topic to be taken to PMs though.

no.... tubs, malzahn, nor chizik didn't take their built up recruiting class with them to a school such as Penn state that does not need any help recruiting wise. Franklin is the same guy that complained two years ago about kids committing to coaches not schools.

Iowa St fans were actually happy Chiz left. Any more on that topic to be taken to PMs though.

Maybe some of them, but not most of them. You're paying more attention to things that have been written in hindsight than what actually came out of Ames at the time.

Maybe some of them, but not most of them. You're paying more attention to things that have been written in hindsight than what actually came out of Ames at the time.

No. I'm paying attention to articles written about him while at Iowa St that came to fruition there and here due to his philosphies. Again, if you want to discuss it further, PM me.

Getting back to the thread with all of Auburn's players rated by Rivals we are at number 2 or number 3 on all the major sites. This is an aberration for Auburn, I don't mean that it is an abberation that we have a top recruiting class but that we have one this early as Auburn usually comes on late and moves up. My question is which if any of our players do you think will improve their ratings before all is done. Will any of the 4's become 5's or 3's become 4's.

Also is Mikey happy that so far 3 are true LineBackers and at least 2 are Star/Safety/Linebacker types meaning they are big enough, talented enough and fast enough to play at multiple positions. Now we need Holland to fill out the LB class and then it is time to get some D-Linemen as we are looking great so far in both level of talent and recruiting to our needs not just to Star ratings.

No. I'm paying attention to articles written about him while at Iowa St that came to fruition there and here due to his philosphies. Again, if you want to discuss it further, PM me.

...or you could have led by example and PMed me, no?

My question is which if any of our players do you think will improve their ratings before all is done. Will any of the 4's become 5's or 3's become 4's.

I've heard that Bailey Sharp can expect a 4th star.

Will any of the 4's become 5's or 3's become 4's.

Also is Mikey happy that so far 3 are true LineBackers and at least 2 are Star/Safety/Linebacker types meaning they are big enough, talented enough and fast enough to play at multiple positions. Now we need Holland to fill out the LB class and then it is time to get some D-Linemen as we are looking great so far in both level of talent and recruiting to our needs not just to Star ratings.

KJ is the only 4* I see going to a 5*. As for 3*s to 4*s I can see Harrell and Sharp moving up.

Given 2 of the LBs are for the Hybrid spot we only have 1 true LB committed in Williams.

Archived