All things rankings

ellitor

does espn use rivals....or do they have their own recruiting system? I havent seen the espn rankings on here

No they don't. The reason you don't see ESPN is because they do a top 15 and it hasn't been announced yet I don't think.

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

does espn use rivals....or do they have their own recruiting system? I havent seen the espn rankings on here

No they don't. The reason you don't see ESPN is because they do a top 15 and it hasn't been announced yet I don't think.

ESPN didn't do much on rankings. That's why I have no idea where will Auburn rank on espn ranking. I think they will update the team ranking asap.

ESPN didn't do much on rankings. That's why I have no idea where will Auburn rank on espn ranking. I think they will update the team ranking asap.

ESPN does not have a published formula. In Tom Luginbill's words they combine player ranking with meeting team needs in their team rankings. They don't have 4 of our commits rated, the 2 jucos plus Sharp and Atk. FWIW if we get Colbert I think AU jumps from out of the top 15 to between 7 and 9.

ESPN does not have a published formula. In Tom Luginbill's words they combine player ranking with meeting team needs in their team rankings. They don't have 4 of our commits rated, the 2 jucos plus Sharp and Atk. FWIW if we get Colbert I think AU jumps from out of the top 15 to between 7 and 9.

Thanks for your clarification.

And a good thing is there is no prospective recruit, given the run of the Athletic dept, who flirts with us til signing day, then goes to bamr. We aren't having any of that silly drama.

And a good thing is there is no prospective recruit, given the run of the Athletic dept, who flirts with us til signing day, then goes to bamr. We aren't having any of that silly drama.

How do you expect to prevent that? I suppose some things can be sniffed out, but some of the deceit that has happened over the past three years would be nearly impossible to detect.

In the case of Evans, the coaches had been told point-blank that he was choosing Auburn. I don't know how you prevent someone from lying to you if they are determined to do so.

How do you expect to prevent that? I suppose some things can be sniffed out, but some of the deceit that has happened over the past three years would be nearly impossible to detect.

In the case of Evans, the coaches had been told point-blank that he was choosing Auburn. I don't know how you prevent someone from lying to you if they are determined to do so.

You tell the player to make up his mind or go somewhere else....that's a start.

He supposedly told them he had.

Yes, and then he flat-out lies to you, so what do you do? This staff just keeps working!!

Yes, and then he flat-out lies to you, so what do you do? This staff just keeps working!!

flat out lying is one thing...doing a dance-off is another.

In two recent cases, those being Yeldon and Evans, it's public knowledge that the prospects flat out lied to the AU staff. There may be more so lately it hasn't been uncommon for these guys, whatever their motivation, to lie to the Auburn coaches.

In two recent cases, those being Yeldon and Evans, it's public knowledge that the prospects flat out lied to the AU staff. There may be more so lately it hasn't been uncommon for these guys, whatever their motivation, to lie to the Auburn coaches.

if im not mistaken, gus told somebody last class( maybe shaun dion hamilton) to make up his mind or he will pull the scholarship.....we can do that and avoid all the drama. thats all i want

if im not mistaken, gus told somebody last class( maybe shaun dion hamilton) to make up his mind or he will pull the scholarship.....we can do that and avoid all the drama. thats all i want

What do you do when the guy says he's going to sign with Auburn and wants to announce on ESPN on signing day. Then at the press conference he pulls out another team's hat? How do you combat that? He's TOLD you he's signing with your team so you can't snatch his offer ahead of time.

Sometimes Gus may get a feel for the situation(Hamilton). Other times not (Evans). Believe me, I hate these drama queen's actions more than most but I see no way to eliminate it entirely.

What do you do when the guy says he's going to sign with Auburn and wants to announce on ESPN on signing day. Then at the press conference he pulls out another team's hat? How do you combat that? He's TOLD you he's signing with your team so you can't snatch his offer ahead of time.

Sometimes Gus may get a feel for the situation(Hamilton). Other times not (Evans). Believe me, I hate these drama queen's actions more than most but I see no way to eliminate it entirely.

It could happen again. I expect this happens to all schools and will not end soon. BTW, I saw on another site that Hamilton recently got himself in some twitter trouble for ridiculing a HS kid in Tuscalusa (sp) for wearing an AU shirt. People say the boy had some sort of disability too. It is hard for these kids to stop and think before they do something they regret.

What we are trying to explain to you is: Yeldon and Evans made up their minds, told the AU staff they were coming to AU, and as it turns--out, they were flat out lying!! Nothing the staff could do about it. The recruits, made up their minds to lie!!

Do you hopefully understand now??

Casher and Hamilton both were told to "Kick Rocks", so to speak. We wanted them, yes we did. But both were playing games, and Gus let them off the Bus at the next stop. Evans (Alan and Rashaan) will get theirs in time. Karma is a B*****, and she has a pretty good memory. Yeldon is a horse of a different color.

What we are trying to explain to you is: Yeldon and Evans made up their minds, told the AU staff they were coming to AU, and as it turns--out, they were flat out lying!! Nothing the staff could do about it. The recruits, made up their minds to lie!!

I understand they told auburn they were signing with auburn...and quite frankly, evans lieing to auburn came to no surprise to me because there were several incidents prior to signing day that pointed to evans going to bammer

Casher and Hamilton both were told to "Kick Rocks", so to speak. We wanted them, yes we did. But both were playing games, and Gus let them off the Bus at the next stop. Evans (Alan and Rashaan) will get theirs in time. Karma is a B*****, and she has a pretty good memory. Yeldon is a horse of a different color.

What Yeldon did was malicious-designed to cause as much of a problem as possible. It's why he waited to the day before the dead period to announce his 'change of heart'. For this, I hold animosity for the young man. As far as I'm concerned it shows a lack of character. I can't say the same thing about any other UA player. IMO, Evans was conflicted but gave into his dads wants. His dad managed to damage an already meaningless career at AU and that's hard to do.

The answer is that in some cases there isn't anything you can do. If someone is going to lie (Yeldon and Evans) they are going to do it. AuJeff you may have known but I can tell you that the coaching staff who is the closest to the situation with Evans was totally caught off guard. If a player is wishy washy you could tell him to decide or move on but you can't do that to someone who purposefully lies to you. Not everyone comes to Auburn with character but most of them leave with it. We have and have had coaches that teach them to be better men and they take that into the rest of their life. Saban is not all about character, he is a whatever it takes to win kind of guy. He is a good coach and most Alabama fans would tell you that he is a great guy. But in the end he is the one that is pulling the strings on these young men so if what they do lacks character then that means they got it from him. To me there isn't a way around that fact. So if we lose a player here and there to the backstabbers across the state I would say that we still win in the big picture of life and they will have to justify the things they do to themselves in the end.

Take the Bammer flippers stuff to the Rivals section please. There are threads on each of the players mentioned over there.

Take the Bammer flippers stuff to the Rivals section please. There are threads on each of the players mentioned over there.

Thanks E!

This is supposed to be a thread about how well AU is doing in recruiting. We have plenty to discuss about that. We are doing extremely well. Where do you think we finish?

I understand they told auburn they were signing with auburn...and quite frankly, evans lieing to auburn came to no surprise to me because there were several incidents prior to signing day that pointed to evans going to bammer

This season you may want to let the Auburn coaches know which recruits are lying and which are not; I am finished with this discussion!

Archived