2015 4* LB Darrell Williams commits to AU!

EagleDamnWar

Cheers!! BTW, when will Darryl Williams make it known where he's going to play his college football?

He has already committed to Auburn. That was when he made it known that he will be playing at Auburn.

Nope, unless I'm as confused as everyone else (certainly possible). Darrell committed to Auburn; but a4e asked about Darryl, the OC prospect who almost committed while Gus was on vacation in Hawaii.

I don't know if there's a timetable on Darryl's decision.

Since the thread is about Darrell and there has been no previous mention of Darryl or any centers in this thread, it's natural to assume that Darrell is the subject under discussion, no?

Perhaps. But I was also taking into account who made the post to which you responded. In my experience, a4e has a way of thinking that's more, shall we say, free associative than that.

So, I was half teasing you, Mikey; half teasing a4e; and 100% trying to answer the question that I really think a4e was asking. I could certainly be wrong.

Hey, a4e -- did you mean Darrell Williams (the LB) or Darryl Williams (the OC) in your question?

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta stay on your toes Mikey!! Just when you think your going right BAM! a4e comes in and takes you left! lol

EDIT: and kudos to Britt for picking up on that. I'm very impressed. I hope one day I can enter the higher realm of consciousness that is the a4e mind.....

Hey you gotta be quick to keep up with a4e, subject matter and thread titles be damned. :)/>

Head on a swivel. A4E is pages ahead of most. He calls checkmate before a single pawn is moved.

Hoover will play Saturday against Miami Central(FL) at 11am central on ESPN. Just a heads up if anybody wants to check out Darrell Williams play.

That is quite a matchup. It will be interesting to see. Unfortunately I have to go to a wedding Saturday. Maybe I will tape it.

al.com has an article on Williams about being on flip alert.

in the article Williams states that Bammer is coming after him the hardest and he will have to weigh his options. Grew up a Bammer fan.

Says he likes Auburn, but possible he could change his mind.

Don't like hearing this.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2014/08/alabama_pushing_to_flip_auburn.html

If you believe articles like that on Al.com, I've got some beachfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

They're quotes from him. I don't understand how you are going after people on here because they believe there is a strong possibility he sticks. It's very clear by his comments he's having serious second thoughts. I think the only way he sticks with Auburn right now is because Alabama is full at LB.

If you believe articles like that on Al.com, I've got some beachfront property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

This is not fabrication by al.com. There have been rumbles of DW waivering by credible pay site reporters for about a month now.

At last check DW did not have a commitable offer from Bama. Unless and until that changes articles about DW are not worth others on this board getting their feathers ruffled.

Seems that bama does not like to be turned down....or at least have people think that someone did not accept their offer.....so while they are recruiting the dickens out of him, for appearances sake, they will not make a commitable offer until they are sure he will accept? Is that what I'm hearing? :-\

Honestly, might as well remove him from the commitment list. He didn't sound like he was even leaning toward Auburn -- unless he just wants more love from the coaches.

I'd rather keep recruiting him hard and prove on the field this season that we're legit and need LBs. Committed kids are not ones you have checked off the list and don't have to recruit anymore. Sometimes you recruit the commited ones more than uncommitted, a la Duke Williams last year.

Honestly I think this kid is talented enough to really help a position of need. So there is good reason to fight for his signature in Feb.

This is not fabrication by al.com. There have been rumbles of DW waivering by credible pay site reporters for about a month now.

At last check DW did not have a commitable offer from Bama. Unless and until that changes articles about DW are not worth others on this board getting their feathers ruffled.

So, he does not have a committable offer from UAT, his direct quote comments are not nearly as dramatic as the Al.com writer would have us believe, but there is cause for concern? I see little more than the Al.com media pandering to their masses.

So, he does not have a committable offer from UAT, his direct quote comments are not nearly as dramatic as the Al.com writer would have us believe, but there is cause for concern? I see little more than the Al.com media pandering to their masses.

al.com pandering to the masses? NEVER....

I didn't say our coaches should give up, just that he's not committed in any meaningful sense. Coaches should go after him hard if he's that good. Whether he has a commitable offer from Alabama doesn't mean anything to me -- too much we don't know.

don't know where his heart is at,but I was at the game and imo he would need to redshirt in order to be sec ready.looks good moves good and the game don't tell how dominant Miami were.They have a stud receiver that's committed to Miami PHILLIPS IS HIS LAST NAME. He is special. :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle: :wareagle:

Archived