2014 4* QB Treon Harris (Florida signee)

alhagan14

I am concerned that If we get this Harris kid that Sean White will look at other schools. JMO I do not want to lose Sean. I think he will be awesome.

Not an issue. The staff has been completely up front to Sean about this and he's ok with it. Sean has proved many times this year that he does not mind competition.

He strikes me as very confident.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am concerned that If we get this Harris kid that Sean White will look at other schools. JMO I do not want to lose Sean. I think he will be awesome.

Not an issue. The staff has been completely up front to Sean about this and he's ok with it. Sean has proved many times this year that he does not mind competition.

You are right that Sean is not afraid of competition. And from a drop back QB standpoint he has proven to be the best. However if a staff feels that a dual threat guy may be best for their system it might not be fair competion. All-star games and camps are set up for Pro-style QBs, hence White outperformed BHarris as I understand it. Anyway hope we don't lose White. He's a winner and a leader IMO.

http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2014/01/auburn_to_get_visit_from_flori.html

While top defensive target Rashaan Evans will have Auburn's undivided attention when he comes for his official visit on Jan. 24, he won't be the only prospect on campus that day.

Miami-Booker T. Washington quarterback Treon Harris, a four-star 2014 Florida State commit who led his team to a state championship, 14-0 record and the No. 1 spot in USA Today's national high school football rankings, is expected to visit Auburn on that weekend as well.

Auburn already has a commitment from another four-star Sunshine State signal-caller, Sean White of Fort Lauderdale-University School. But offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee extended an offer last week to Harris, a 5-foot-11, 180-pound dual threat star who threw for 2,159 yards and 28 touchdowns with only four interceptions, while rushing for 575 yards and nine scores this season.

"When I take an official visit there I’ll see how good of a school it is," Harris told 247Sports of Auburn. "Their offense does a good job following the game plan and they have good wide receivers. I’ve been talking to coach Lashlee quite a bit lately. He’s telling me Auburn is a great school with a great education.

If he has any sense about him, he knows full well that he will never play QB at Alabama.

I would not say that either Harris or White is hands down a better QB out of high school, either. Both have their strengths, and the difference in the two is what makes signing both quite reasonable. In fact, it shouldn't be too hard to sell Harris on the prospect of him being the Nick Marshall type, because he has that type of athleticism far more than White or Jeremy Johnson.

He was also offered by Alabama today, so he appears to be on high demand.

https://twitter.com/...424081949687808

No way uat has room for all they have offers for right now. Must believe they are going to lose a commit or two, or let a couple go.

Maybe someone like Ronnie Clark to some other in state university. ;D

Kid looks like the next Nick Marshall. He may be a better passer, but since his highlight video doesn't show his bad passes I'll reserve judgement on that. I'd think we just need to show him what we did with a 5'11", whip quick, strong armed QB this year and he'll be tripping over himself to sign up.

It has mildly concerned me that all our future QB's, both on the team and committed, are not elite speedsters. It's be nice to have a Nick Jr in the wings. I'd even settle for a Cam Jr :gofig: .

Kid looks like the next Nick Marshall. He may be a better passer, but since his highlight video doesn't show his bad passes I'll reserve judgement on that. I'd think we just need to show him what we did with a 5'11", whip quick, strong armed QB this year and he'll be tripping over himself to sign up.

It has mildly concerned me that all our future QB's, both on the team and committed, are not elite speedsters. It's be nice to have a Nick Jr in the wings. I'd even settle for a Cam Jr :gofig:/> .

Outside of Marshall, I couldn't tell you one other speedster who has ever played QB for Gus. Because of that and the obvious success Gus has always had, it doesn't bother me one bit if we have a speed QB or not.

It has mildly concerned me that all our future QB's, both on the team and committed, are not elite speedsters. It's be nice to have a Nick Jr in the wings. I'd even settle for a Cam Jr :gofig:/> .

Outside of Marshall, I couldn't tell you one other speedster who has ever played QB for Gus. Because of that and the obvious success Gus has always had, it doesn't bother me one bit if we have a speed QB or not.

Actually, I watched the Tyler Queen highlights after I wrote the above post. It won't matter what other QB's we have once he gets here. He looks NFL ready as a junior in high school.

I get your argument, but lets not kid ourselves, 13' Auburn offense was one of the greatest of all time. The running game beating good Ds by itself. If we had won the NC, I really think people would look on this years offense as one of the best of all time. I think CGM can create a great O with anything he is given. I think he would like to replicate this years O with a kid like Harris. Especially one that he can teach the QB position to. Imagine NM as a freshman under CGM for 4 years.

Actually, I watched the Tyler Queen highlights after I wrote the above post. It won't matter what other QB's we have once he gets here. He looks NFL ready as a junior in high school.

I thought the same thing. That is just a long time away. But he already reminds me of ben roethlisberger

I get your argument, but lets not kid ourselves, 13' Auburn offense was one of the greatest of all time. The running game beating good Ds by itself. If we had won the NC, I really think people would look on this years offense as one of the best of all time. I think CGM can create a great O with anything he is given. I think he would like to replicate this years O with a kid like Harris. Especially one that he can teach the QB position to. Imagine NM as a freshman under CGM for 4 years.

Even if we did have Nick Marshall every year- or a reasonable facsimile thereof- we're not always going to have an OL like '13's (and '14's). We'll need to be able to keep defenses honest in most years.

Even if we did have Nick Marshall every year- or a reasonable facsimile thereof- we're not always going to have an OL like '13's (and '14's). We'll need to be able to keep defenses honest in most years.

Yup! We can't assume our OL will destroy everybody every year although it would be nice.

Also I think prosch was the catalyst that put our run game on the next level. He had some blocking issues first couple then we went full tilt with option game and prosch became dominant.

Marshall's run ability is unique but surely Gus is shooting for better balance. Bet he would give up 50-75 yards in run game in order to add an additional 75-125 in passing game.

i like a kid like this. if qb didn't work out he plays receiver or cb. that the type of players we need.

Our roster is littered with players like this. Guys who played QB in high school and transitioned to WR or DB once on the Plains. I'm kind of partial to the guys who blow it up as a receiver or DB in high school and come to play that same position as a Tiger...much less transition period. Versatility is great but sometimes you just need that pure WR or shut-down corner.

i like a kid like this. if qb didn't work out he plays receiver or cb. that the type of players we need.

Our roster is littered with players like this. Guys who played QB in high school and transitioned to WR or DB once on the Plains. I'm kind of partial to the guys who blow it up as a receiver or DB in high school and come to play that same position as a Tiger...much less transition period. Versatility is great but sometimes you just need that pure WR or shut-down corner.

In many HS's the QB is the best athlete at the school. It is natural to place him at QB. These are great athlete's that are usually pretty bright and understand the game well. It is not that hard for them to move to other skill positions many times. We have a terrific one already in this class, Truitt.

I think at the core of our offense we need to be able to ground and pound with the run game and have the OL necessary to do that. Imposing our will on other teams is the way you break them. Some fine tuning in the passing game is really what we are talking about here but I would never get away from an imposing in your face running game.

Karlos Dansby was an All-State linebacker AND wide receiver at Woodlawn h.s. before playing strong safety his frosh year at Auburn. Truly versatile, quality athletes are hard to come by and good as franchise makers if you can land them.

@NBC6Sports: Booker T QB Treon Harris got a school visit from Auburn head coach Gus Malzahn today. Lists finalists as FSU, UM, UF & Auburn #SigningDayOn6

@InsideTheGators: Florida, Florida State, Miami and Auburn all went to visit with Rivals100 quarterback Treon Harris this past week. http://t.co/dpDEw76HG7

@canesquad: Treon Harris is on campus #CanesNSD14 #TheU

Archived