***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

3 minutes ago, lionheartkc said:

Wow... that's interesting.  They must have one hell of a silent commit, because they have no QBs on their roster for next year and their only other commit is a 3 star.  Maybe he's the next Lamar Jackson... even though he's a pro-style QB...

According to this, they have four freshman QBs on the roster this season, plus a junior.

http://www.12thman.com/roster.aspx?path=football

Lol literally the only way for Gus to get one of his first choices of a DTQB is for the other team he was considering to not want him. Stidham would save Gus job for a few more seasons IF he were to last to 2017 but he won't and LSU will just be 1 of many proverbial nail in the coffins from here to the Iron Bowl. Briles/Stidham2017 baby!!! This is not hyperbole we would win the SEC next year with that combo.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

With our receivers, I would agree...or at least be in the conversation

Briles would also PLAY our best WRS regardless of age and what year they were in.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lionheartkc said:

Interesting considering they had 0 QBs in last year's class

They signed Nick Starkel, 3-star QB in the 2016 class and JUCO Jake Hubenak in the 2015 class.  Only thing I can think is that they added some walk-ons, added Trevor Knight and now have two QBs committed for 2017 and feel they are good.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

They signed Nick Starkel, 3-star QB in the 2016 class and JUCO Jake Hubenak in the 2015 class.  Only thing I can think is that they added some walk-ons, added Trevor Knight and now have two QBs committed for 2017 and feel they are good.

More power to them... I'll take Stidham over Mond any day.

• Like 1

Interesting take that A&M is not recruiting Stidham. I would be great to get him. With our current situation and coach on the hot seat, I am worried about our upcoming class. 

So I have 2 questions regarding JS.

1) Will he be an early enrollee?  I know he is in JUCO now, but because he is not playing football I am guessing that he doesn't actually have to complete his assoc degree before entering another school.  Is this correct?

2) Early or not.  Do people believe he is going to come in and beat out any of the existing qbs?  Not including the 2 in the rotation now, but Queen and Barrett on the bench.  Seems like it would take a LOT of talent to come in and beat out any of the 4 that will be here already.  

Not saying he can't.  Just saying he will have been out of football for a year, he will not know the system, and he will have a lot of talented QBs ahead of him.  Seems a stretch if someone is thinking he is the Gus Bus savior.  

Not sure about the first, but I fully expect him to beat out everybody on the roster. The kid is a stud and is a  perfect fit for the offense.

1 hour ago, lkeel75 said:

1) Will he be an early enrollee?  I know he is in JUCO now, but because he is not playing football I am guessing that he doesn't actually have to complete his assoc degree before entering another school.  Is this correct?

2) Early or not.  Do people believe he is going to come in and beat out any of the existing qbs?  Not including the 2 in the rotation now, but Queen and Barrett on the bench.  Seems like it would take a LOT of talent to come in and beat out any of the 4 that will be here already.  

Not saying he can't.  Just saying he will have been out of football for a year, he will not know the system, and he will have a lot of talented QBs ahead of him.  Seems a stretch if someone is thinking he is the Gus Bus savior.  

He could enroll early, but he couldn't go on scholarship until his transfer year is completed. So to enroll in January, he'll have to pay his own way for a while. At least that's how I understand it. If I'm wrong I'm sure my error will be pointed out very shortly! :)

9 hours ago, lkeel75 said:

1a. Yes. 1b. No. Juco players have to get their assiciates before going to a 4 year school. It's a formality for most 4-2-4 transfers like JS.

2. He should beat them all out & with his skill set & 9 months to do it it should not be that difficult.

He will have been out of football 5 months not a year. He was working with Baylor up til transferring just before this season started.

Coming from Baylor the playbook will not be hard to adapt too, especially if we get Kendall Briles too.

He may have potentially talented QBs to contend with but none of them have yet proven to be actually talented relative to Stidham's potential.

Edited by ellitor

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

He could enroll early, but he couldn't go on scholarship until his transfer year is completed. So to enroll in January, he'll have to pay his own way for a while. At least that's how I understand it. If I'm wrong I'm sure my error will be pointed out very shortly! :)

Great question. I just took this great transfer questionare supplying JS's would be answers & you are right Mikey. He would have to pay his way til he has been gone from Baylor 1 full year. That means he would have to pay his way Spring & Summer terms anywhere before he can go on scholly in the Fall of 2017. The good news is if he has met all the juco requirements upon transfer he can start practicing immediately in January. Also his family likely can do it as they have paying their way for 2 trips to AU by plane.

21 hours ago, bigbird said:

Not sure about the first, but I fully expect him to beat out everybody on the roster. The kid is a stud and is a  perfect fit for the offense.

This. Stidham will easily be our starting qb next year. I would also go out on a limb and say that he will be the best qb in the SEC next year.

• Like 3

Would we have him for 3 scholarship years? That's assuming he stays 3 years, if his stock goes so high that he forgoes a senior year. If he is serious about AU, i think CGM and JJ will convince those in power that next year wil be a much better offensive year with a top level QB.

2 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

This. Stidham will easily be our starting qb next year. I would also go out on a limb and say that he will be the best qb in the SEC next year.

23:  from what some folks are saying this is pretty much a done deal with Stidham & Briles, Jr. to AU?  Whole nothing is ever 100% certain, do you feel the percentages are heavily in our favor?  Hopefully that's the reason Sumlin has backed off.

4 hours ago, austudnt23 said:

If I am not mistaken Stidham was a 5* QB coming out of HS. Not that this means anything really. Stidham has playing experience already too. He has proven that he can play at a high level.

Stats at Baylor:

2015 Season, Comp 75, Attempts 109, Yards 1265, Comp % 68.8, TD's 12, Int 2

On 9/24/2016 at 4:17 PM, War to the Eagle said:

I'm assuming all this is contingent on Gus being here next year.

OR Briles

• Like 1