***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

11 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Has anybody thought that maybe Stedham is a silent commit? If he has commited or if he ever does at some point, would give go head & give him the playbook to learn? 

Doubt he is a silent. He is just taking his time, wisely because a lot it going on with schools and coaches right now. He would like for things to sort themselves out before he decides. He is in no real rush.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CCslim said:

If Briles ends up in LSU, Im guessing Stidham follows

Doubt Briles ends up with LSU. It is a bit to soon for him to make this comeback. LSU is full steam after Houston's coach. Word is LSU may make another run after FSU coach Fisher too.

I have a bad feeling the longer this drags out. I know I know Neihbur on 247 has said the plan all along has been for him to not make a choice to december but I have a bad feeling that this is one of those situations where we are the backup plan. He already wanted to go to TAMU over us and then they stopped recruiting him for fear of scaring off Mond. I just think he will look to go anywhere else and if that doesn't work out he always has us as the fallback plan because we will always be there. I have seen this movie way to many times the past few years with QB recruiting under gus and rhett where we strikeout repeatedly on the guys at the top of our board. Stidham is DAMN GOOD enough to save Gus job for another couple of years if he makes it past this year. He is a ELITE DT QB. He is the most important recruit in this whole class IMO. We need him badly. We get him we maximize that amazing WR class we got last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

We need either Briles Sr or Briles Jr. If we got either one, I feel good about signing Jarrett Stidham.

Agreed if we do not get 1 of them at any capacity then I feel horrible at our chances of landing our future franchise QB.

4 hours ago, JFDTiger80 said:

Doubt Briles ends up with LSU. It is a bit to soon for him to make this comeback. LSU is full steam after Houston's coach. Word is LSU may make another run after FSU coach Fisher too.

This is what I'm hearing as well. Don't think AB ends up there but you never know

43 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This is what I'm hearing as well. Don't think AB ends up there but you never know

Yep,  It only takes a few "NOs" to change the priorities. 

5 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

Has anybody thought that maybe Stedham is a silent commit? If he has commited or if he ever does at some point, would give go head & give him the playbook to learn? 

Unnecessary. He can learn it the 9 months he would be here before his first game. And I would not give a recruit a playbook til they have signed. No point in risking a recruit signing with a rival team and giving the playbook to them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I have a bad feeling the longer this drags out. I know I know Neihbur on 247 has said the plan all along has been for him to not make a choice to december but I have a bad feeling that this is one of those situations where we are the backup plan. He already wanted to go to TAMU over us and then they stopped recruiting him for fear of scaring off Mond. I just think he will look to go anywhere else and if that doesn't work out he always has us as the fallback plan because we will always be there. I have seen this movie way to many times the past few years with QB recruiting under gus and rhett where we strikeout repeatedly on the guys at the top of our board. Stidham is DAMN GOOD enough to save Gus job for another couple of years if he makes it past this year. He is a ELITE DT QB. He is the most important recruit in this whole class IMO. We need him badly. We get him we maximize that amazing WR class we got last year.

Back up plans usually do not get 2 plane trip visits out of recruits pocket given how costly they are FTR.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Back up plans usually do not get 2 plane trip visits out of recruits pocket given how costly they are FTR.

It was clear he preferred the aggies till they "stopped" recruiting him though.

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It was clear he preferred the aggies till they "stopped" recruiting him though.

Actually that was a lot of speculation and not clear.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Actually that was a lot of speculation and not clear.

I mean it was clear and not speculation on TAMU side but I could see how one could see it that way on our side.

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean it was clear and not speculation on TAMU side but I could see how one could see it that way on our side.

It was speculation on both sides. We're they believed to have the advantage if we do not get K Briles? Yes. But chances seem high at this time we will get him. The only thing that has been clear is JS will follow a Briles. The only monkey wrenches left are if Art miraculously lands a quality HC job or if plans with Kendall fall through. Since a Briles is the Trumper here and AU is in a good spot to get Kendall that means AU is not just a clear back up plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

It was speculation on both sides. We're they believed to have the advantage if we do not get K Briles? Yes. But chances seem high at this time we will get him. The only thing that has been clear is JS will follow a Briles. The only monkey wrenches left are if Art miraculously lands a quality HC job or if plans with Kendall fall through. Since a Briles is the Trumper here and AU is in a good spot to get Kendall that means AU is not just a clear back up plan.

Exactly. I don't think we are a backup plan either. He is serious about his interest in AU.

• Like 1

Does Auburn still have interest in Narcisse if he should decommit from LSU, or has he now become a backup plan with Stidham the No. 1 target?

28 minutes ago, autan said:

Does Auburn still have interest in Narcisse if he should decommit from LSU, or has he now become a backup plan with Stidham the No. 1 target?

I think the staff has Stidham as a clear #1 choice. There has been some talk this week that Narcisse may visit AU again since Les was fired. He is still behind Stidham on our QB list. I think our staff feels Stidham can play quickly and is ready; whereas, almost all others need time.

31 minutes ago, JFDTiger80 said:

I think the staff has Stidham as a clear #1 choice. There has been some talk this week that Narcisse may visit AU again since Les was fired. He is still behind Stidham on our QB list. I think our staff feels Stidham can play quickly and is ready; whereas, almost all others need time.

the quickest way to get a QB on board is to get a briles on board....coach DB should get art on as an analyst, and bring his son in as soon as season is over....had we had competent play selection, we would be 4-0 instead of 2-2....i am a bit more optimistic now, but the red zones woes have to be fixed, and fixed soon, and i am still unsure if they can do it....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, autan said:

Given he just tore up his other knee I doubt he is still a major AU target.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Given he just tore up his other knee I doubt he is still a major AU target.

Dang. He tore up his knee AGAIN? Didn't the same thing happen last season to?