***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

?  

If you know different please say something more than a ?. You were the 1st connected that posted you didn't think AU would take him after that article came out a month ago outlining what his role may have been in the scandal.

13 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If you know different please say something more than a ?. You were the 1st connected that posted you didn't think AU would take him after that article came out a month ago outlining what his role may have been in the scandal.

The word is the NCAA is going to clear Kendal of any wrong doing. No one at AU could say no now. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The word is the NCAA is going to clear Kendal of any wrong doing. No one at AU could say no now. 

I would say cool but if he gets another good P5 job now besides AU he may take Stidham with him.

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

WDE, do you feel there is still a strong possibility that K Briles comes on staff? Would he be QB coach/co offensive coordinator or still a chance he replaces Lashlee altogether?

Edited by PigskinPat

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

I would say cool but if he gets another good P5 job now besides AU he may take Stidham with him.

What are the realistic opportunities for Kendal to be hired by Gus? QB Coach? Offensive consultant?

I can't see him taking a consultant position which pays ~ 35K.

1 minute ago, PigskinPat said:

WDE, do you feel there is still a strong possibility that K Briles comes on staff? Would he be QB coach/co offensive coordinator or still a chance he replaces Lashlee altogether?

If what I'm hearing about the NCAA is correct, I would not be surprised to see Kendal at AU. Just so much up in the air with Rhett I don't know what to think to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Kodi is listed as a co-OC. I suppose he could be stripped of that and wouldn't be a big deal to anyone if Kendal brings more to the staff.

If what I'm hearing about the NCAA is correct, I would not be surprised to see Kendal at AU. Just so much up in the air with Rhett I don't know what to think to be honest. 

Understandable. Do you think it boils down to if Lashlee is offered by another school because Gus isn't going to cut the strings himself?

3 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

What are the realistic opportunities for Kendal to be hired by Gus? QB Coach? Offensive consultant?

I can't see him taking a consultant position which pays ~ 35K.

Would have to be QB and Co-OC. With Baylor now getting their permanent HC I'd say we should find out soon enough.

And AU could pay good $, like uat does, for consulting positions.   

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

To add to this I don't think the NCAA will let there be a 10th on field coach hire yet in the time frame KB would be looking for a job that would allow Rhett to be OC & KB as QB coach 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Would have to be QB and Co-OC. With Baylor now getting their permanent HC I'd say we should find out soon enough.

Sark only makes 35K at bammer as an offensive consultant.

2 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Understandable. Do you think it boils down to if Lashlee is offered by another school because Gus isn't going to cut the strings himself?

Gus isn't going to get rid of Rhett unless Rhett has another job. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

To add to this I don't think the NCAA will let there be a 10th on field coach hire yet in the time frame KB would be looking for a job that would allow Rhett to be OC & KB as QB coach 

A deal could still be struck. 

1 minute ago, VipersStrike1 said:

I bet Sark's getting some "incentives" that we don't know about, though.

• Like 1

Unless AU & KB agree to have him not go on contract until the 10th assistant is in play by the NCAA for next season someone would still have to be let go to bring him in.

Sark is going to be looking for another job soon. Word is he was drunk at the SECCG last Saturday. 

Sark can't get out of his own way.

4 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

So, we're stuck with RL until someone is desperate enough to take a flier on him?

Is RL or KB really what will be required to land JS?

Edited by selias

Agreed. After all the Lashlee rumors died a week ago, no way now, esp with Lashlee leading the charge w Stidham.

My hope now, and has been for months, is Gus finds a spot for Kendal. QB Coach would be perfect for everyone involved.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Unless AU & KB agree to have him not go on contract until the 10th assistant is in play by the NCAA for next season someone would still have to be let go to bring him in.

Math is very foreign to me. Help me out with this. 

4 minutes ago, VipersStrike1 said:

If he is hired as a 10th on field assistant he would likely WB coach not consultant which pays more.