***2017 4* JUCO QB Jarrett Stidham Signs with AU!!! (12/14/16)

Elephant Tipper

1 minute ago, selias said:

So, we're stuck with RL until someone is desperate enough to take a flier on him?

Is RL or KB really what will be required to land JS?

By almost all reports now...yes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sark is going to be looking for another job soon. Word is he was drunk at the SECCG last Saturday. 

Shocker.

But wait...my bammer buds told me Kiffin is gone and Sark is taking over.

Sorry...back on topic...........

1 minute ago, selias said:

So, we're stuck with RL until someone is desperate enough to take a flier on him?

Is RL or KB really what will be required to land JS?

It seems to be the case. I'm still a little, yea right, that Rhett is a deal breaker for Stidham. 

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Math is very foreign to me. Help me out with this. 

Na. I get your point. I was overkill with those posts.

7 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Sark is going to be looking for another job soon. Word is he was drunk at the SECCG last Saturday. 

Uh oh!  Could Kendall Briles end up at bammur?   

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

If he is hired as a 10th on field assistant he would likely QB coach not consultant which pays more.

Right I know. I was replying to WDE's "AU could pay good $, like uat does, for consulting positions"

I can't see Kendal settling for a consultant position.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Bird was just trying to infuse some humor like he often does.

I know.  I was just playing. 

1 hour ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

That might be the best hire this year.. I don't know why more schools were not looking at him. 

Everyone wants to complain about Lashlee but bottom line is if we get JS, it will be because of Lashlee. I am not sure the QB coaching is Lashlee yet, Gus may have not let him loose yet to coach the way he sees fit. I agree we need to beef up the passing game options but im not sure bringing in a new QB coach will do anything if Gus doesn't let him do it..

As strange as it sounds I fully agree.  I just don't see how he could be SO sold on our QB coach who can't develop a QB... But i digress... If KB isn't retained at Baylor,  and we hired him,  as OC, QB coach,  or even as an advisor (heck even Art as an advisor) would this not help us pull JS? 

As things stand RIGHT NOW, you are 100% correct. But you never know what tomorrow will  bring... 

27 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The word is the NCAA is going to clear Kendal of any wrong doing. No one at AU could say no now. 

This seems to me a non-sequitur. Whether  or not the NCAA finds that Kendal Briles provably committed any rules violations is completely independent of whether his actions were morally defensible. Moreover it says even less about the PR issues and media spotlight it would put on the team. If the powers that beat have told Gus that we aren't bringing Briles on board, I can't imagine anything the NCAA says would change their minds. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Don't think you will have to worry about Kendal going to uat. Saban thinks Lane throws the ball too much. 

I obviously hadn't thought of that, although I wouldn't put anything past Saban...

1 minute ago, AuburnArch13 said:

This seems to me a non-sequitur. Whether  or not the NCAA finds that Kendal Briles provably committed any rules violations is completely independent of whether his actions were morally defensible. Moreover it says even less about the PR issues and media spotlight it would put on the team. If the powers that beat have told Gus that we aren't bringing Briles on board, I can't imagine anything the NCAA says would change their minds. 

PR issues? AL.com would be the only one who would care. Might last a week. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I can't say for sure but piecing together the tea leaves I have gotten it looks to be from the legal stuff that has popped up the past month in lue of the Baylor scandal.

Thanks for the insight.

Edit:  Just read the rest of the posts and got some clarity.  Thanks for starting the conversation.

Edited by I_M4_AU

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

200.gif#14

HAHA! YOU SEE THIS? THIS IS BLOOD! Great promo from 2/20/1988! Almost got Flair banned on WTBS and Jim Crockett's wrestling license yanked.

Sorry...back on topic..........

39 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The word is the NCAA is going to clear Kendal of any wrong doing. No one at AU could say no now. 

To be sure I understand you here: You're hearing the NCAA is going to clear Kendall of the alleged recruiting violations that surfaced in the news awhile back, or they are going to clear him of any involvement/knowledge in the Title IX, rapes, gang rapes, and sexual assault issues at Baylor, or both?