aupops2, Friend and Great Auburn Man...

Dixie1860

Tom had such a tenacious spirit. There were many days during his treatments when he would call and tell me that as bad as he felt or as bad as he hurt he wouldn't quit. Many of those conversations ended in tears for his wife and the thought of leaving her, but he always would tell me it would be okay 'cause he'd see her again someday. Here's to that day. I will miss our conversations about football and recruiting, but more than anything I will miss the laughs we shared. See you soon, my friend.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man, this really does put things into perspective. It is easy to forget that we are all real people behind these forum handles and more often than not, it's easy to fall in to the trap of arguing and being dismissive of one another's points of view- often over petty crap. Times like this bring me back to where I need to be. Gonna miss ya Pops and thank you!

Thoughts and prayers lifted for those close to him...from all I could tell, he was everything we would expect in an Auburn man, which is saying a great deal.

AWWW...no! :wareagle:/> I LOVE HIM! And I've never met him! His posts have brought me great joy, and I can't wait to meet him one day...on the other side...prayers and blessings for his family! Isaiah 40:31....his faith expressed so beautifully, it is easy to imagine that he knows exactly what eagles wings feel like at last! What a GREAT warrior...and Auburn Man, indeed.

Look up my dad when you get home Pops! You two and a couple of uncles can have a great time discussing AU football. But wear ear plugs if you are around my Mom!

So sad to hear this. I knew it was coming but one of those things you don't want to think about. Pops was a great husband, great father, great friend and a great Auburn Man. He will be missed dearly by the Auburn Family. War Eagle my good man. May God be with his family.

Pops, you will be missed greatly by us all. Thank you for always being a class act on here.

War Eagle pops! Will surely miss all of the informative posts he would make. Whenever I'd see his name, I knew the post was a good one.

Archived