2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

Wow...kid is announcing on NSD on TV at 3:00. Really??? He's a 3 star DL acting like he's all world...I guess after listening to Garner.

And I assume there's a reason for him being a 3 star. Maybe it's his 5.21 in the 40.

Why do you care?

Just stating an opinion like everyone else on this thread and forum. Is that a problem?

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...kid is announcing on NSD on TV at 3:00. Really??? He's a 3 star DL acting like he's all world...I guess after listening to Garner.

And I assume there's a reason for him being a 3 star. Maybe it's his 5.21 in the 40.

Why do you care?

Just stating an opinion like everyone else on this thread and forum. Is that a problem?

I'm asking a question. I'm curious how you formed your opinion.

Going strictly on your post, you think that 3* athletes either shouldn't announce on TV, shouldn't announce on NSD, shouldn't announce at 3:00 or some combination of the 3. Again going strictly by your post, only "all world" athletes should.

You think that Marshall is doing something wrong by announcing under these conditions, so I'm curious what you feel the negative consequence of that are? Whom or what are suffering these negative consequences?

Also, because I was bored and curious, I googled "david marshall 40 time". If the truth does lie somewhere in the middle, then 5.21 is a bit high. But by all means, question Rodney Garner's judgment. What does a guy who has put at least 20 guys in the NFL know about it, right?

Ummm...calm down. I read your comments above and actually agree with you. He can commit however he chooses.

But you have to admit he's been erratic with his recruitment concerning AU. Just thought he was all AU and now announcing on NSD.

But I'm curious, how many committable offers does he have?

I think he is going to commit to UGA on signing day. It just makes no sense to do all the stuff he is doing and then stick with us. He has been looking for other options for a long time. If he sticks with us fine, if he turns his back on us, I don't really care, because we will be OK without him, but deep inside me it will still piss me off.

If he has an announcement planned, then he's definitely not committed. You don't have an announcement to announce a commitment if you're already committed...even if it is to the same school. He just reeeeaaaaally likes the attention.

If he has an announcement planned, then he's definitely not committed. You don't have an announcement to announce a commitment if you're already committed...even if it is to the same school. He just reeeeaaaaally likes the attention.

Didn't Marlon Davidson have an announcement to confirm his commitment to us?

If so, ridiculous. I get that the whole line about this being the last time they have any power in the process...but really? How many ceremonies do you need?

I think he is going to commit to UGA on signing day. It just makes no sense to do all the stuff he is doing and then stick with us.

Recommits never make sense but kids do it all the time.

Ummm...calm down. I read your comments above and actually agree with you. He can commit however he chooses.

But you have to admit he's been erratic with his recruitment concerning AU. Just thought he was all AU and now announcing on NSD.

I'm glad that you've changed your mind about how he chooses to commit since your post that I originally replied to. And maybe I do need to calm down- maybe it doesn't matter that people keep anonymously and casually lobbing insults at a high school kid who is still committed to Auburn- but it's a question I'm not going to stop asking until somebody answers it. The folks who have all these negative things to say about David Marshall have yet to explain how his behavior has harmed them.

If there's another talented football player who we're keeping at arm's length in hopes that Marshall's commitment sticks, then that's on our coaches. If he's not actually a good football player, then that's on our coaches. If anybody other than Auburn fans really think this is a big deal, then it's news to me. If any Auburn fans are embarrassed by this, then I really don't understand why.

Since I am an Auburn fan, though, I do sometimes get embarrassed by how other Auburn fans conduct themselves. You know what's embarrassing? I hear he got into it with Auburn fans online yesterday. Who's the loser in that situation? Hint: It's not the high school kid being stalked by football fans with serious self esteem issues.

Yes, he's been erratic. That's a great word for it. I've been calling him indecisive, but erratic might be a better word. I just don't see how that makes him a bad person deserving of all these negatively emotional responses. Hell, we even had a sometimes-rational person say that he's just like all of Mark Richt's recruits who ended up in jail. (That person went on to clarify that he wasn't saying Marshall would end up in jail, only that he's just like kids who did.) Obviously you've said no such thing, and that person was somewhat chastised by the peanut gallery. But I'm not sure exactly where questioning the kid's integrity, character, etc. goes over the line.

And questioning him as an athlete when an extremely experienced and successful professional thinks very highly of him seems rather naive. So much so, in fact, that it's really easy to view it as sour grapes... again, for what reason I have absolutely no idea.

If so, ridiculous. I get that the whole line about this being the last time they have any power in the process...but really? How many ceremonies do you need?

I agree but I think the big difference between the 2 is that Marlon was a 5* and Marshall is a 3* who has committed twice and might announce for uga this time

If he has an announcement planned, then he's definitely not committed. You don't have an announcement to announce a commitment if you're already committed.

You have not followed recruiting closely have you. Some kids want their moment on NSD even if they are committed. Not saying that's what's going on w/ David Marshall but it does happen yearly.

Marlon only had 1 ceremony. His first AU commitment was on twitter the day before the season started. His ceremony & recommitment was on December 16th when he signed his Aid papers to AU.

Okay, I'll ask you also: what is wrong with it?

Have you considered that it might benefit his school, his coaches, his teammates and his family for him to shine some positive publicity on them? The school will be providing a platform (probably literally) for him to announce this and journalists will be showing up to cover it. Folks like us will tune in to see what he says. Will we all be doing this strictly for his benefit?

Have you considered that it might benefit his school, his coaches, his teammates and his family for him to shine some positive publicity on them? The school will be providing a platform (probably literally) for him to announce this and journalists will be showing up to cover it. Folks like us will tune in to see what he says. Will we all be doing this strictly for his benefit?

McLoofus, with all due respect it's unrealistic to think someone who commits, decommits, recommits, is now flirting with decommiting a 2nd time and flipping, isn't going to attract some negative fan comments. I think you're making a bigger deal out of it than it is.

I'm glad that you've changed your mind about how he chooses to commit since your post that I originally replied to. And maybe I do need to calm down- maybe it doesn't matter that people keep anonymously and casually lobbing insults at a high school kid who is still committed to Auburn- but it's a question I'm not going to stop asking until somebody answers it. The folks who have all these negative things to say about David Marshall have yet to explain how his behavior has harmed them.

If there's another talented football player who we're keeping at arm's length in hopes that Marshall's commitment sticks, then that's on our coaches. If he's not actually a good football player, then that's on our coaches. If anybody other than Auburn fans really think this is a big deal, then it's news to me. If any Auburn fans are embarrassed by this, then I really don't understand why.

Since I am an Auburn fan, though, I do sometimes get embarrassed by how other Auburn fans conduct themselves. You know what's embarrassing? I hear he got into it with Auburn fans online yesterday. Who's the loser in that situation? Hint: It's not the high school kid being stalked by football fans with serious self esteem issues.

Yes, he's been erratic. That's a great word for it. I've been calling him indecisive, but erratic might be a better word. I just don't see how that makes him a bad person deserving of all these negatively emotional responses. Hell, we even had a sometimes-rational person say that he's just like all of Mark Richt's recruits who ended up in jail. (That person went on to clarify that he wasn't saying Marshall would end up in jail, only that he's just like kids who did.) Obviously you've said no such thing, and that person was somewhat chastised by the peanut gallery. But I'm not sure exactly where questioning the kid's integrity, character, etc. goes over the line.

And questioning him as an athlete when an extremely experienced and successful professional thinks very highly of him seems rather naive. So much so, in fact, that it's really easy to view it as sour grapes... again, for what reason I have absolutely no idea.

Yes, you do need to calm down.

I can see that any kid ...3*, 4* or 5* might like to have a big 3PM commitment ceremony in front of lot of media and friends....and why the school would like to promote the success of it's students. That all makes sense. What I don't understand is why the world would show up to witness the ceremony for a 3* player who has allegedly already committed to a school ? Everyone looking for their 15 minutes of fame I guess.

Meanwhile, has anyone heard whether he has made arrangements with a local kennel to borrow a bulldog for the day?

McLoofus, with all due respect, it's unrealistic to think someone who commits, decommits, recommits, is now flirting with decommiting a 2nd time and flipping, isn't going to attract some negative fan comments. Respectfully, I think you're making a bigger deal out of it than it is.

Well, that's exactly my point, or at least a significant part of it.

What I don't understand is why the world would show up to witness the ceremony for a 3* player who has allegedly already committed to a school ?

I guess because David Marshall made them. Because the only reason it's happening is that he loves attention.

You know... these already committed kids can have a signing ceremony. I went to one for Steven Clark. No drama, just a celebration of him being a Tiger. I have to side with the people who are annoyed by Marshall. If you need a "commitment" ceremony, then you shouldn't actually be committed.

In 6 days he will sign with us or with somebody else. Then all the drama will be over. We will gladly welcome him to the family if he signs with us. If he signs with somebody else then there will be various reactions. Some won't care much one way or the other, some will be glad that we didn't get a kid who wanted so much attention and some will be bitter over all his grandstanding. Then since spring ball hasn't started somebody will start worrying about some 2017 recruit.

You know... these already committed kids can have a signing ceremony. I went to one for Steven Clark. No drama, just a celebration of him being a Tiger. I have to side with the people who are annoyed by Marshall. If you need a "commitment" ceremony, then you shouldn't actually be committed.

TBH I don't think many kids who have a commitment ceremony don't realize they want 1 til late in the process. Some kids just want a signing ceremony. Others want to use it to ultimately announce their choice even if they announced before.

Archived