2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

I think it's pretty obvious that what he was doing when he recommitted was to reserve himself a spot as a fall back position.

I don't like the way he has handled things for sure but when he recommitted I think he genuinely thought it was over & that Bama & UGA were done recruiting him. Then the coaching carosel happened & Kirby wanted him & now was in a position to give him a legit offer. Kirby was going to be a HC somewhere anyway & IMO DM was going to follow.

So you are saying IronMan is correct...We were his fallback until UGA gave him an offer in which case he no longer needed us as his holla' back girl. I can't see him working out here, he seems to fit in with the types that Richt was always drawing to Athens and then having to bail out of the jails over there.

Smh. Stuff like this is exactly what big time recruits think about and look as a negative about this entire experience. You feel like you can judge people in this manner if he doesn't play for your school....how much could you really truly care about a kid when your opinion of him jumps like that and is so conditional? This is a personal important decision for them, to you they're nothing, maybe livestock

Caring about the kid...Should it be different or are we fooling ourselves? For many, the school is simply a tool to the NFL, not a place they choose based on education and love for the university...almost like a minor league farm team. And for many fans, college football is entertainment...most fans don't have personal interactions with the athletes and view them as entertainers.

Not advocating one way or the other, just an observation.

ditto

On the one hand many a school is playing by the same rule as this type of kid. Yet the fan is all up in arms when the rug get's pulled on them. Maybe it's different at some schools and maybe even according to coach. It's just another symptom of the times, which is swayed by the numbers game, because back in the olden days you could sign as many as would. There's likely a bit of the pretty girl dilemma, which goes both ways according to who's shoe.... and what make up (sic).

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't say he was going to jail. I said he seems to fit in with the types that Richt kept getting there, and he does. This is not some conflicted kid. He's both smarter and less ethical than most. Used us like a tool to guarantee himself a spot "somewhere" while hoping for an opportunity to go to a place he really liked better.

Hats off to him in a way. He gamed us good.

What do ya know. The coaches heard about all the hand wringing on AUF, got the message and acted on it. Good job, gang!

Yup! That's exactly what happened. LOL. :)

So, now let's see what happens. Frankly, I think we are OK either way.

CRG really likes Marshall. Thinks Marshall is going to be a good one. AU isn't giving up yet.

He can play, no doubt. And an SEC level S&C program could make him a monster. My only thing w/ him ATP is his Wishy-Washy BS.

Will he act like that when he is here? Or, will he put his head down, and go balls-to-the-wall?

His offer list isn't long, but it includes the "who's-who" in college football.

CRG really likes Marshall. Thinks Marshall is going to be a good one. AU isn't giving up yet.

He can play, no doubt. And an SEC level S&C program could make him a monster. My only thing w/ him ATP is his Wishy-Washy BS.

Will he act like that when he is here? Or, will he put his head down, and go balls-to-the-wall?

His offer list isn't long, but it includes the "who's-who" in college football.

Good question Dixie.

By us "not giving up," you think we'd take Marshall if he were to go to UGA this weekend but decide next week he wanted to stay with AU? Or if he goes to UGA are we looking at a done deal as far as AU is concerned?

So, is he going to GA or not.

So, is he going to GA or not.

Last report he said he was going to visit but the staff is trying to get him to not visit this weekend.

By us "not giving up," you think we'd take Marshall if he were to go to UGA this weekend but decide next week he wanted to stay with AU? Or if he goes to UGA are we looking at a done deal as far as AU is concerned?

According to WDE's post above, if he goes to UGA this weekend he will not be offered the opportunity to sign with Auburn. Period. For info more inside than that you'd have to ask Gus.

Not exactly the way I read it Mikey. I think it means that if he goes to UGA visit then we are no longer holding a spot for him. He will be welcome to sign with AU after the visit, but AU isn't going to wait on him. If Nigel Warrior (just an example) had a change of heart then Marshalls spot might be all his now

Not exactly the way I read it Mikey. I think it means that if he goes to UGA visit then we are no longer holding a spot for him. He will be welcome to sign with AU after the visit, but AU isn't going to wait on him. If Nigel Warrior (just an example) had a change of heart then Marshalls spot might be all his now

Here's the quote:"Marshall was told if he goes to uga he better be sure he has other options besides AU." If that doesn't mean "If you go to Athens this week we're done with you" I don't know what it does mean. I simply cannot read into that statement that AU would still sign him.

We'll have spots left over unless every single chip falls Auburn's way, so I don't think holding a spot figures into it.

Mikey is taking about a post from WDEWDE early yesterday morning a page or 2 back, not the post you are referring to. This one. Link

Marshall was told if he goes to uga he better be sure he has other options besides AU.

Archived