2016 3* DE David Marshall (UGA flip 2/3/16)

Auburn4Winners

AU has had a lot of bad luck in DL recruiting this year. Manning's unfortunate health problems, Newkirk not making his grades. Antonnaeous Clayton was very interested in AU but Muschamp liked Kehr to play earlier so Clayton ended up at UF without much of a fight.Then Kehr follows Champ to SC, AU fights to get back into it with Clayton with apparent liittle success. Looks like we end up with neither of them. Now Marshall was committed to AU early, was seduced by Saban's boys, backed out of AU commit without a Bama offer and worked his way back into AU's good graces and recommitted. Since then he has been all over the place with how committed he really is.

A perfect storm that probably has Garner trying to keep Marshall from visiting UGA again, knowing if he does it's probably over. Sad thing is Marshall obviously has talent or schools wouldn't be spending so much time and effort on him. If some of the other issues hadn't occurred I feel pretty sure it would already be over. As is, we need another D-lineman and have spent a ton of time on this guy.

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope this kid goes, I understand the decision making and everything at that age, but this guy is the first commit in my lifetime that I hope changes his mind. delete if you want but he does not show qualities of an Auburn man, IMO. bad vibes

I know we need DL 's but its getting ridiculous with this guy. After committing to us the first time he then economist to possibly see if he gets an offer from bama. Now, he seems to be waiting on an offer from Georgia. This kid's commitment is about as solid as wet toilet paper.

Hope this kid goes, I understand the decision making and everything at that age, but this guy is the first commit in my lifetime that I hope changes his mind. delete if you want but he does not show qualities of an Auburn man, IMO. bad vibes

Nothing to delete. You expressed your opinion in a thoughtful mature manner.

I know we need DL 's but its getting ridiculous with this guy. After committing to us the first time he then economist to possibly see if he gets an offer from bama. Now, he seems to be waiting on an offer from Georgia. This kid's commitment is about as solid as wet toilet paper.

He's not waiting on a UGA offer. He has one.

I fully realize how bad we need DL players but under the circumstances I'd give this kid an ultimatum. Cancel the next visit to UGA or the offer is void. The the kid has comitted, decommitted, recomitted and already taken his OV to UGA. If he's not sold on Auburn by now, he never will be. It's time to make a statement to any future recruits that wish to play mind games.

AU has had a lot of bad luck in DL recruiting this year. Manning's unfortunate health problems, Newkirk not making his grades. Antonnaeous Clayton was very interested in AU but Muschamp liked Kehr to play earlier so Clayton ended up at UF without much of a fight.Then Kehr follows Champ to SC, AU fights to get back into it with Clayton with apparent liittle success. Looks like we end up with neither of them. Now Marshall was committed to AU early, was seduced by Saban's boys, backed out of AU commit without a Bama offer and worked his way back into AU's good graces and recommitted. Since then he has been all over the place with how committed he really is.

A perfect storm that probably has Garner trying to keep Marshall from visiting UGA again, knowing if he does it's probably over. Sad thing is Marshall obviously has talent or schools wouldn't be spending so much time and effort on him. If some of the other issues hadn't occurred I feel pretty sure it would already be over. As is, we need another D-lineman and have spent a ton of time on this guy.

We've already enrolled Jackson (#7 DT), Davidson (#4 SDE), and James (#2 JC WDE). We have a commitment from Coe (#13 SDE), and have a good shot at Brown (#4 DT) and maybe Sammons (#11 SDE, although he might play OL). I hope this run of bad luck doesn't end any time soon.

We're not necessarily losing Manning. Like Coleman, I'll wager if we stay loyal he'll be a Tiger as soon as he ready.

All that other stuff? It happens every year, to every team, even the turds.

WDE!

We've already enrolled Jackson (#7 DT), Davidson (#4 SDE), and James (#2 JC WDE). We have a commitment from Coe (#13 SDE), and have a good shot at Brown (#4 DT) and maybe Sammons (#11 SDE, although he might play OL). I hope this run of bad luck doesn't end any time soon.

We're not necessarily losing Manning. Like Coleman, I'll wager if we stay loyal he'll be a Tiger as soon as he ready.

All that other stuff? It happens every year, to every team, even the turds.

WDE!

Well put. Plus, I would take the trade of Marshall for Brown any and every day of the week. Brown has the potential to be great.

I fully realize how bad we need DL players but under the circumstances I'd give this kid an ultimatum. Cancel the next visit to UGA or the offer is void. The the kid has comitted, decommitted, recomitted and already taken his OV to UGA. If he's not sold on Auburn by now, he never will be. It's time to make a statement to any future recruits that wish to play mind games.

Right! If he's got the time and money to travel on an unofficial visit the final weekend of the recruiting season he should be traveling to Auburn, the school he's committed to, and helping us recruit. If he won't do that, just call him and say "Son, I hope it works out for you wherever you end up but it won't be Auburn".

I am normally a their just kids type of guy. Sometimes they make mistakes and we need to give them a second chance. This kid is a little different. He hasn't played us like Evans did so I won't be really angry if he does become a dawg but he just seems even more immature then most kids. Commit leave and un-commit them commit again then talk about leaving again. If he eventually comes here I will welcome him but if he doesn't come I won't fret over losing him as much as many others that I like more. I have wasted enough time reading about him. I will just wait to NSD to see where he lands.

I think it's pretty obvious that what he was doing when he recommitted was to reserve himself a spot as a fall back position.

I don't like the way he has handled things for sure but when he recommitted I think he genuinely thought it was over & that Bama & UGA were done recruiting him. Then the coaching carosel happened & Kirby wanted him & now was in a position to give him a legit offer. Kirby was going to be a HC somewhere anyway & IMO DM was going to follow.

I think it's pretty obvious that what he was doing when he recommitted was to reserve himself a spot as a fall back position.

Totally agree.

I don't like the way he has handled things for sure but when he recommitted I think he genuinely thought it was over & that Bama & UGA were done recruiting him. Then the coaching carosel happened & Kirby wanted him & now was in a position to give him a legit offer. Kirby was going to be a HC somewhere anyway & IMO DM was going to follow.

So you are saying IronMan is correct...We were his fallback until UGA gave him an offer in which case he no longer needed us as his holla' back girl. I can't see him working out here, he seems to fit in with the types that Richt was always drawing to Athens and then having to bail out of the jails over there.

So you are saying IronMan is correct...We were his fallback until UGA gave him an offer in which case he no longer needed us as his holla' back girl. I can't see him working out here, he seems to fit in with the types that Richt was always drawing to Athens and then having to bail out of the jails over there.

Easy. Hard accusation for a kid you've never met and don't know anything about other then what you've read. Referring to the jail part.

Take it how ever you will. You can have the W. It's not worth arguing over. I respect IronMan & the way he presented his opinion.

Easy. Hard accusation for a kid you've never met and don't know anything about other then what you've read. Referring to the jail part.

Agree. Way over the line.

Agree. Way over the line.

Yup. I didn't even read that last part. Way over.

Smh. Stuff like this is exactly what big time recruits think about and look as a negative about this entire experience. You feel like you can judge people in this manner if he doesn't play for your school....how much could you really truly care about a kid when your opinion of him jumps like that and is so conditional? This is a personal important decision for them, to you they're nothing, maybe livestock

Smh. Stuff like this is exactly what big time recruits think about and look as a negative about this entire experience. You feel like you can judge people in this manner if he doesn't play for your school....how much could you really truly care about a kid when your opinion of him jumps like that and is so conditional? This is a personal important decision for them, to you they're nothing, maybe livestock

Caring about the kid...Should it be different or are we fooling ourselves? For many, the school is simply a tool to the NFL, not a place they choose based on education and love for the university...almost like a minor league farm team. And for many fans, college football is entertainment...most fans don't have personal interactions with the athletes and view them as entertainers.

Not advocating one way or the other, just an observation.

Archived