Coker

AU64

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

88, he did imply that Alexander was essentially a bust propped up by a good OL.

A bust is a failure, he acknowledged he was a star. Let's move on.

LOL

They have meds for that.

The video of uat's homecoming queen is way too funny!!!

88, he did imply that Alexander was essentially a bust propped up by a good OL.

A bust is a failure, he acknowledged he was a star. Let's move on.

LOL

They have meds for that.

88, I don't think the surgeon general signed off on that one yet.

Dude... come on. Cooper might end up being better than Julio, but that would only mean that he's very, very, very good.

So ur saying Julio is in megatrons class of wr? If u believe that then ur smoking something, and it's not marihuana!

Goodness, you are a special one.

I owe it all to u!!!!

Can we get back on the subject of the QB battle raging between the guy who's been around for 5 years and not done anything and the 3rd stringer from Florida State?

I take that as a "No."

Can we get back on the subject of the QB battle raging between the guy who's been around for 5 years and not done anything and the 3rd stringer from Florida State?

I take that as a "No."

Nothing is stopping it from happening.

I take that as a "No."

Except for the constant bickering about how Alabama players fair in the NFL. The only thing that makes me happier in sports than Auburn winning, is Bama losing. So I wanna find out if there's a good shot that's gonna happen!

You know you're in a really crappy situation when you're celebrating just getting a snap off.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/08/alabama_qb_center_exchange.html#incart_river

You know you're in a really crappy situation when you're celebrating just getting a snap off.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/08/alabama_qb_center_exchange.html#incart_river

Bwahahhahaha. Yeah, those dropped exchanges are something "we just have to get fixed." Yeah, and water is wet too. Silly turds had more issues than we know about last year regarding inner turmoil. I for one hope the trend continues.

There are definitely some years you wish they'd play the Iron Bowl to start the season!

At this point I would think Sims is going to be the starter. If it was to be Coker, I would think he would need to be getting all the reps he could since he has only been there 3 weeks. The longer it goes without naming a starter and splitting reps at practice, it benefits Sims.

At this point I would think Sims is going to be the starter. If it was to be Coker, I would think he would need to be getting all the reps he could since he has only been there 3 weeks. The longer it goes without naming a starter and splitting reps at practice, it benefits Sims.

I think Blake was always going to start WVU. Keep in mind, Coker didn't go through spring practice at Bama. I think Blake starts the first 3 games with Coker getting a lot of reps. And by Florida Coker is the starter.

I think Blake was always going to start WVU. Keep in mind, Coker didn't go through spring practice at Bama. I think Blake starts the first 3 games with Coker getting a lot of reps. And by Florida Coker is the starter.

Is that based on anticipating poor performances from Sims? Or will Coker just start outperforming Sims in limited backup reps in practice in the first month? I think it would be hard for Coker to unseat Sims if Bama's offense is playing well.

I personally hope Coker gets the nod because I absolutely hate going up against dual threat QBs.

Is that based on anticipating poor performances from Sims? Or will Coker just start outperforming Sims in limited backup reps in practice in the first month? I think it would be hard for Coker to unseat Sims if Bama's offense is playing well.

I personally hope Coker gets the nod because I absolutely hate going up against dual threat QBs.

You have to be good to be a dual "threat". Bama's qb's are not suppose to make mistakes - that appears to be Sims problem. No doubt in my mind Saban doesnt trust Coker yet or they would name a starter. Hardly matters until week 4 when they play FL - and that game is at least in tuscaloosa.

I think Coker's got a better box of tools at his disposal and will ultimately get comfortable enough with the playbook and the team to unseat Blake. And I really think Blake starting out as QB1 is a nod of good faith from the staff for the guy being in the system for so long, and being a class act the whole way through.

But honestly, there's so little that comes out of fall camp, I'm really just speculating.

At the end of the day all we are left with is what the media goobs predict. Coker was predicted to come in and from day one slam dunk the rest of the QBs competition. I don't want to hear that now a learning curve exist with this young man. But in reality it's what we all thought. He will in fact go through some growing pains when it comes to a new offense. I just wish the media would make the same assessment.

Just like the assessment of the SEC's top running offenses for 2014 made by Greg McElroy...Arkansas second behind Alabama, please...not disputing Bama although I could debate them being no.1 but the Hogs, that's laughable.

Just like the assessment of the SEC's top running offenses for 2014 made by Greg McElroy...Arkansas second behind Alabama, please...not disputing Bama although I could debate them being no.1 but the Hogs, that's laughable.

I thought Arkansas #2 was absurd as well. Honestly Collins is a good back, but he's not other worldly like people are making him out to be. I agree with Auburn being behind Bama and UGA, but not behind Arkansas. I think people are just grasping SO hard to find something good to say about Arky, that they gotta squeeze them in somewhere.

Auburn has to fall, preseason. You can't say Tre wasn't merely a product of the system and then (again preseason) turn around and say you're not going to miss a beat. (Though I still expect Auburn to be near the top in rushing).

I was happy to see that Greg didn't knight Fournette as God's gift before even having a single carry as a college athlete - unlike basically every other pundit. Again, this stuff is preseason. The guy may turn out to be the 2nd coming of Herscel and Bo's steroided love child. But until then, you must rank based on what you know.

I thought Arkansas #2 was absurd as well. Honestly Collins is a good back, but he's not other worldly like people are making him out to be. I agree with Auburn being behind Bama and UGA, but not behind Arkansas. I think people are just grasping SO hard to find something good to say about Arky, that they gotta squeeze them in somewhere.

Auburn has to fall, preseason. You can't say Tre wasn't merely a product of the system and then (again preseason) turn around and say you're not going to miss a beat. (Though I still expect Auburn to be near the top in rushing).

I was happy to see that Greg didn't knight Fournette as God's gift before even having a single carry as a college athlete - unlike basically every other pundit. Again, this stuff is preseason. The guy may turn out to be the 2nd coming of Herscel and Bo's steroided love child. But until then, you must rank based on what you know.

So this is the same system we're rating Coker by? In that case, he's nothing more than a third string quarterback who transferred to try and get playing time.

I take that as a "No."

Except for the constant bickering about how Alabama players fair in the NFL. The only thing that makes me happier in sports than Auburn winning, is Bama losing. So I wanna find out if there's a good shot that's gonna happen!

how does that prevent people from discussing bama's qb situation?

You can't say Tre wasn't merely a product of the system and then (again preseason) turn around and say you're not going to miss a beat.

Actually, we can. You guys say it about your entire defense every season. Oh, and your RBs... every season.

Gus Malzahn is a damn good OC and, along with his staff, recruits a lot of damn good running backs. Therefore, when we lose a Tre Mason, we have a Cameron Artis-Payne (who Tre didn't beat for the job until the 4th game of the season) and a Corey Grant waiting. After them, we've got Peyton Barber, Kam Pettway and Roc Thomas. After them, we'll have Jovon Robinson and Kerryon Johnson.

See, it can work for just just like it works for you. We have a system and we have talent. That's why we led the nation in rushing last year- leading the conference by 90 yards a game and your team by 125- beat your team and played for a title. Actually, I'd say that whole system and talent thing worked quite a bit better for us than it has for you in quite some time when it comes to running the football.

I take that as a "No."

it's like Tex said. With their schedule and the players they have on defense and at rb, that will get them a win in the vast majority of their games. All coker has to do is not make a stupid play.

So this is the same system we're rating Coker by? In that case, he's nothing more than a third string quarterback who transferred to try and get playing time.

Have you heard me suggest Coker is all world? I'm not suggesting we rate him, or our QB situation, as anything but a question mark until proven on the field. I also don't know why everyone keeps saying he was 3rd string. As if that's some sort of slight...he was 2nd string. Not that it matters.

Actually, we can. You guys say it about your entire defense every season. Oh, and your RBs... every season.

And you guys get mad about it...every preseason. And we've proven it over 6 consecutive years of kicking ass in those categories. We're the first team in NCAA history to lead the nation in defense three consecutive years. I'd say we've earned it - even though I'm not suggesting we be ranked 1st in any unit where we've lost our biggest contributors at the position in question.

Gus Malzahn is a damn good OC and, along with his staff, recruits a lot of damn good running backs. Therefore, when we lose a Tre Mason, we have a Cameron Artis-Payne (who Tre didn't beat for the job until the 4th game of the season) and a Corey Grant waiting. After them, we've got Peyton Barber, Kam Pettway and Roc Thomas. After them, we'll have Jovon Robinson and Kerryon Johnson.

Great. But every team in the SEC can name a bunch of players, even a bunch of 4 and 5 stars waiting in the wings. Why is it too much to ask to have your guys prove it on the field? You are replacing an 1800 yard back. Alabama returns their top 5 backs, including one who has had back to back 1000 yard seasons. UGA returns Gurley and Marshall. So, you lose an 1800 yard back and you're still considered one of the top rushing attacks. That's some respect right there.

Actually, I'd say that whole system and talent thing worked quite a bit better for us than it has for you in quite some time when it comes to running the football.

Slow down there captain. "In quite some time" really? Maybe get more than one season removed from 3-9 before you suggest Auburn's had more success than the team one season removed from back to back national championships.

You beat us by 6 seconds. It's not like you wiped the mat with us. And for the record, we actually had a considerably better YPC than you in last year's Iron Bowl.

I'll never understand why people get bent sideways over preseason unit rankings. It's one of the most subjective things ever.

BG....really....you are the definition of an updyke. Go wash your houndstooth undies in the creek behind your trailer and save your rants for those who care.

Archived