Coach Craig to have surgery

RunInRed

Dameyune Craig, Auburn’s co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach, is on the injured list. Craig suffered a torn Achilles in his left leg playing basketball with his 15-year-old son in Valley, Ala., his wife’s hometown. Dr. James Andrews will perform surgery to repair it on Tuesday in Pensacola.

“I went up to get a rebound and it just happened,” Craig said. “I got the rebound, though.” :lol:

Craig said he expects to be in a cast for 3-6 weeks after surgery.

"I should be ready to go in time for the start of camp," Craig said. "I’m a pretty fast healer.”

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Auburn-WR-coach-Dameyune-Craig-to-undergo-surgery-29170915

Sorry bout that Coach. Get well soon. We need you coaching and recruiting.

I'm not sure this hurts him any in recruiting...I mean, he got hurt playing basketball with his 15 year old son. I'd say the active nature DC has is a pretty big draw for recruits, and while the injury might give them a reason to joke on him, it's one of those things that can easily strengthen the bond between them. Hate that he got hurt, but love his attitude about it.

Quote:"Dr. James Andrews will perform surgery to repair it on Tuesday in Pensacola."

When did Dr. Andrews move his practice to Pensacola?

Quote:"Dr. James Andrews will perform surgery to repair it on Tuesday in Pensacola."

I don't know that he moved his practice down there, but he does have a vacation home there (I had to look that up, myself, because it confused me as well that he'd be working in Pensacola), and I would imagine that a doctor of his stature could find a suitable place to work virtually anywhere in the country, if not the world. :dunno:

Dr. Andrews has been doing surgeries down here for years. he has a facility that is actually in Gulf Breeze called The Andrews institute that is part of the Baptist Health Care sytem here.

http://www.theandrewsinstitute.com/

It's a first class facility with outstanding people. Professional athletes of all sports come here for surgery and rehab. The WWE sends their wrestlers here when they are injured, RGIII was operated on here and did his rehab here and there are countless others.

Dr. Andrews has been doing surgeries down here for years. he has a facility that is actually in Gulf Breeze called The Andrews institute that is part of the Baptist Health Care sytem here.

http://www.theandrewsinstitute.com/

It's a first class facility with outstanding people. Professional athletes of all sports come here for surgery and rehab. The WWE sends their wrestlers here when they are injured, RGIII was operated on here and did his rehab here and there are countless others.

Yea I remember seeing on Terrell Owens reality show when he had surgery/rehab at Dr. Andrews's facility in Pensacola.

I'm not sure this hurts him any in recruiting...I mean, he got hurt playing basketball with his 15 year old son. I'd say the active nature DC has is a pretty big draw for recruits, and while the injury might give them a reason to joke on him, it's one of those things that can easily strengthen the bond between them. Hate that he got hurt, but love his attitude about it.

Well said, Red!

Dameyune Craig, Auburn’s co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach, will be in a cast for 4-6 weeks after undergoing surgery Tuesday to repair a torn Achilles.

Craig, who was injured playing basketball with his oldest son, had surgery Tuesday and was back in his office Wednesday morning.

“It was a little worse than they thought,” Craig said Friday, “but I should be out of the cast by the start of camp.”

Craig and his family are leaving on vacation early next week.

http://auburn.247sports.com/Bolt/Dameyune-Craigs-injury-a-little-worse-than-they-thought-29254935

Everyone going on vacation for the dead period?

Nah, I still have to work.

:sad2:/>

As do I, I was talking about the coaches!

Everyone going on vacation for the dead period?

Nah, I still have to work.

:sad2:/>

As do I, I was talking about the coaches!

I know. Was just teasing.

;)

EDIT: In this free article, PM says 'most of the coaches' will be on vacation next week.

Thanks to all for the info about Dr. Andrews' Pensacola facility. That's a new one on me.

His family goes to a good Presbyterian Church here in Gulf Breeze. Very good Folks!

• 2 weeks later...

I saw coach Craig at the Jameis Winston celebration last night. He was still in a walking boot. He was very gracious and took a picture with me but was also repping AU by wearing an orange shirt with blue pinstriped pants. He and his wife were very personable and DC looks like he could still play today and dominate in the spread system. Very muscular.

I saw coach Craig at the Jameis Winston celebration last night.

Were the crab legs served hot?

Archived