Any updates on Trovon Reed

JwgreDeux

Trovon Reed is still eligible? Man I feel like we signed that guy a lifetime ago. Seemed like Chizik's first recruit or so. Nice kid maybe, but he will make no impact on the field. A 5th year senior who hasn't made a difference before is not going to make a difference all of a sudden.

:rolleyes: ^^^^ This guy^^^^

If y'all would quit quoting him, I wouldn't have to see it.

<_<

:laugh:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, hello back to Trovon Reed? I'm curious, who on the roster that played WR last season is no longer with the team? That's right... nobody. Heck, we even lost Denson for a good portion of last season and he's back. Now we're told about some freak JUCO transfer and y'all think a picture of Reed without his shirt means he is going to be an impact player? Heck, I can take a picture with my shirt off, doubt you would want to see it, but does that make me the starting RB?

Tell me, when was the last time a 5th year senior came out of nowhere to suddenly be a star, more specifically in a situation when no depth was lost from the previous season? And to add to that, no coaching changes. There is absolutely no evidence that suggest Trovon Reed will be an impact player. Who knows if he'll even see the field outside of scrub time during blowouts.

Not knocking the kid, it's a law of numbers. It's also credit to the other players who are on the field.

Look, I get it. Auburn has the greatest players on earth. Our 4th string walk-on QBs are better than Jameis Winston because they go to Auburn and bleed orange & blue. But come on guys, you can't claim you are excited to see 10 different WRs. It's OK that Trovon Reed won't make a difference.

I hope I'm wrong and the guy ends up being a stud. But there is no evidence to suggest that is the case. And if you think he will, let's make a wager. He will not be the #1, #2, #3, or #4 receiver on the team. Pretty sure he won't even make the top 5 or 6 when you include RBs. Heck, Jay Prosch had almost more receptions than him last year.

OK, now it's time to go get pumped up about Jonathon Wallace as being our stud QB. I think there is a picture of him somewhere out there.

Well, hello back to Trovon Reed? I'm curious, who on the roster that played WR last season is no longer with the team? That's right... nobody. Heck, we even lost Denson for a good portion of last season and he's back. Now we're told about some freak JUCO transfer and y'all think a picture of Reed without his shirt means he is going to be an impact player? Heck, I can take a picture with my shirt off, doubt you would want to see it, but does that make me the starting RB?

Tell me, when was the last time a 5th year senior came out of nowhere to suddenly be a star, more specifically in a situation when no depth was lost from the previous season? And to add to that, no coaching changes. There is absolutely no evidence that suggest Trovon Reed will be an impact player. Who knows if he'll even see the field outside of scrub time during blowouts.

Not knocking the kid, it's a law of numbers. It's also credit to the other players who are on the field.

Look, I get it. Auburn has the greatest players on earth. Our 4th string walk-on QBs are better than Jameis Winston because they go to Auburn and bleed orange & blue. But come on guys, you can't claim you are excited to see 10 different WRs. It's OK that Trovon Reed won't make a difference.

I hope I'm wrong and the guy ends up being a stud. But there is no evidence to suggest that is the case. And if you think he will, let's make a wager. He will not be the #1, #2, #3, or #4 receiver on the team. Pretty sure he won't even make the top 5 or 6 when you include RBs. Heck, Jay Prosch had almost more receptions than him last year.

OK, now it's time to go get pumped up about Jonathon Wallace as being our stud QB. I think there is a picture of him somewhere out there.

He wont be a receiver on the team at all...if you would think and remember he is now a DB.

Ummmm.... Did you miss the news from spring practice that Reed moved to DB? I don't think anyone here expects him to crack the WR rotation.

I think you might be wrong because he'll be playing CB.

:bricks: EPIC FAIL!!!!!!

Wow... Just wow.

Did you even read the dam thread you are railing on?

Evidently not. Someone has a lot of egg on their face around here. Wow.

Clearly I did not know he was moving to DB. Still don't see him making an impact on defense. Trying to think of the last offensive player to move to the secondary and he is now playing at some small school in Arkansas.

Clearly I did not know he was moving to DB. Still don't see him making an impact on defense. Trying to think of the last offensive player to move to the secondary and he is now playing at some small school in Arkansas.

Dude... You really need to go back and read through this thread before trying to save face anymore.. It's already been stated that he played really well in the spring game and feels much more natural at CB than he ever did at WR. The fact that our former QB couldn't break into the lineup at S, doesn't mean anything at all about Trovon's abilities.

And if you're looking for an example of a senior making an unexpected impact, I can think of a few. Jay Ratliff and Travaris Robinson strike me as the clearest examples of guys coming from nowhere to being really, really good. Jay started at TE, moved to DE, then grew into DT... where he was unbelievable as a Senior and a pro. Robinson started at RB, moved to CB, then to Safety. He contributed as a backup in 2001, but no one saw first team All-SEC Safety coming. No idea if Reed will make that kind of leap, but it's ridiculous to pretend we haven't seen off-the-radar to all-conference before.

Paul Finebaum would garner more credibility on this site right now than you do.

Well hello negative Nancy

Post of the week nominee right here. :)

Post of the week nominee right here. :)/>

No need to comment, dude really put his foot in his mouth with the last 2 posts, lol. By the way, Trovon will make an impact this season, book it!

(Trovon Reed) will not be the #1, #2, #3, or #4 receiver on the team. Pretty sure he won't even make the top 5 or 6 when you include RBs. Heck, Jay Prosch had almost more receptions than him last year.

This part of your post I agree with 100 percent. :big:

Dude, Jonathan Ford, seriously.........shakes head

I'm guessing it's embarrassing to tear off a rant like that and demonstrate you're so clueless.

Dude, Jonathan Ford, seriously.........shakes head

:no:

So, the latest on Trovon is that there are some folks who expect nothing (and know nothing) of him, while there are others who expect big things. I'm in the latter camp and look forward to seeing what Trovon does this season!

:wareagle:

Archived