What's The Biggest Difference?

AUesquire

I know some of the reasons are obvious but I wanted to hear your thoughts on why this SEC team is out in the cold compared to some other, most recent SEC/National Champs.

1992 Bama team went undefeated and literally every win was a struggle with the exception of the championship game against Miami. Their offense was only able to muster 10 points against a 5-6 AU. Bama's defense was one of the better defenses ever in my opinion and was the key reason for their success.

1998 UT was called by some, one of the worst teams ever to win the NC. They coughed, hacked and wheezed their way through their schedule, pulling game after game out of their collective arses. To their credit, they came out on top in every one. In the championship game, they controlled FSU from the outset and won the game.

2003 LSU took care of the majority of it's opponenets in very convincing fashion. They did; however, have a loss and held on for dear life against Eli and the Cold Pissers. Their schedule was very similar to AU's this year but AU has taken crap for that from day one. Championship game was very convincing and they deserved the NC as much as any team ever has in a given year.

Just some thoughts. The country tries so hard to downplay the SEC all season, but when the SEC plays in bowls and for the NC, we take care of business. These are all deserving champions and the above is not meant to flame. I think ultimately, the SEC is always a killer to go through and it's champion should be playing for the NC every year. Biased opinion, absolutely! But, we prove it on the field, not in opinion and computer polls.

Thought?

i think we had the best record in bowl season last year. i think we're going to beat vatech, lsu will beat iowa, uga will beat wisconsin, ut will beat a&m, and bama will beat minnesota. then we'll all hear how those particular matchups favored the sec while never admitting that they were wrong when they said the league was down.

I am sick of all the "popularity" contest. I am sick of AU under the microscope on every game. (When did margin of victory become SOOOO important? I have never heard of all this *#%^**# until THIS season ! ! !)

This TEAM won it ON THE FIELD!

Time to make plans for Bourbon Street and let's watch the Tigers kick some hokies ! ! !

WAR EAGLE...O N E at a time. :au:

The differnce mainly is with the competiton for the NC in the year in question.

LSU had a loss as did the others (and how the "you-know-what" did OU still get in the NC game after losing in the Big12 CG?)

In 92 somebody (can't remember who) lost late and opened the door for Bama to get in.

UT got a lot of breaks (remember Ark fumble late to allow UT to get the winning score?).

In any other year we are in and maybe at #1..but this is the year of 5 unbeatens and we started too low to make a dent because the voters want to loook smart by having picked 1 and 2 all year....

Justy the way the cookie crumbles...

I guess one of the main differences from last years MNC for LSU was that OK, USC and LSU all had one loss. This years difference is nothing. My biggest question is how can the media give the SEC credit as the toughest conference in the land, and then shut out an undefeated SEC team. I am also sick of the USC battle cry that they have a tough OCC. They have a moderate OCC to make up for a weak confernce slate. You people know that anybody with usually the exception of Vandy can beat anybody in the SEC and to go undefeated in the SEC is an accomplishment that does not happen often due to the strenght of this confernece. I for one think Auburn was slighted not for their performance on the field but because where we are all from. I am really starting to belive that the rest of the nation wants to keep us down, by us I mean the SEC and the south as a whole.

Archived