Whitehead ...

RunInRed

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huh, so he's suspended, and as such, isn't allowed on the sidelines, or to give a halftime speech, or to suit up and warm up with the team? Weird.

Gus is very unorthodox in his ways!!!

To go into two games for a VERBAL confrontation? This seems very harsh to me. He's either been a repeat offender or this got physical. Or maybe coach drew a line that everyone was aware of and he crossed it anyways? Who knows unless you were at the closed practice/meeting when it happened.

From the harsh stance that Gus is taking, I am imagining the argument was in regards to something that would affect the attitude of the whole team, perhaps something that would be divisive. Of course, that is only a guess. I don't have any knowledge, nor do I need to. I applaud Gus for wanting to make a better man out of Whitehead and not letting him slide for the sake of the game(s).

A game suspension at Auburn is a real game suspension. You don't get to put on pads and warm up and then hang out for the game on the sidelines getting your mug on National TV...

Jared, are you making a statement - if so, what is your sourc? Sounds like from the original post that JW expects to be back with the team. (my thoughts, he may be back although he may not start).

Bryan Matthews@BMattAU 23m

Gus Malzahn: Nothing has changed with Jermaine Whitehead, will not be allowed on sidelines Saturday.

Jimbo Fisher wasn't in coaching school the day they discussed how suspensions work.

Not sure why so many folks have trouble understanding a verbal confrontation can be a big deal.

Maybe because reports from what are generally very conservative, don't spread rumours, careful about what they say folks like (Auburn resident and Troy University broadcaster) Barry McKinight say on the air that they have reliable info that there were more than words involved?

A game suspension at Auburn is a real game suspension. You don't get to put on pads and warm up and then hang out for the game on the sidelines getting your mug on National TV...

And no wearing heavy gold chain necklaces with your team jersey either.........................

Huh, so he's suspended, and as such, isn't allowed on the sidelines, or to give a halftime speech, or to suit up and warm up with the team? Weird.

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I'm glad we have a coaching staff and administration that is capable of handling player discipline without looking like a complete joke to a national audience.

I think Gus knew he could keep him out this game and still win. But why did he need a two game (or more as it has not been stated when JW will return) suspension - must have been something Gus really did not like.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't this be his second major offense? A few game suspension might well be in the cards here and I approve of the message Gus is sending

I don't recall him getting in any trouble in the past.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wouldn't this be his second major offense? A few game suspension might well be in the cards here and I approve of the message Gus is sending

My bad. Haven't had my afternoon coffee. That would have been Jonathon Mincy getting in trouble recently

My bad. Haven't had my afternoon coffee. That would have been Jonathon Mincy getting in trouble recently

From random sources across the blogosphere, this may or may not have been, potentially, allegedly, the first time he might have possibly, depending on who you talk to, have discussed heatedly with coaches the way he thought things they were doing were wrong.

From another player on the team...this wasn't the 1st issue and had a lot to do with an change in attitude since going greek. Senior Defensive players had a heart to heart with him which may have helped sway his way of thinking back to football.

Archived