2015 4* DE Prince Tega Wanogho, Jr. commits to AU!

TexasTiger

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowart and Tega would be a great get for us. The upside with Tega is off of the charts. With the quality coaching he will get at Auburn, he could be an all SEC player and a solid chance to play on Sundays. I have a great feeling that come NSD, we will shock the football world in a wonderful way that will make all of us happy and severely optimistic for the future.

Cowart and Tega would be a great get for us. The upside with Tega is off of the charts. With the quality coaching he will get at Auburn, he could be an all SEC player and a solid chance to play on Sundays. I have a great feeling that come NSD, we will shock the football world in a wonderful way that will make all of us happy and severely optimistic for the future.

Based on what everyone on this and other boards are posting, Tega has a ton of potential. If he wants to come to AU, then that will be good. However; who is going to deliver the quality coaching at AU that will produce an all SEC player that contributes to SEC championships and hopefully national championships?

wde

I love his potential just like a bunch of us fans. However, it will be two years until he is ready this defense needs pass rushers this year. We all saw what happened when we lost our only pass rusher this year.

I love his potential just like a bunch of us fans. However, it will be two years until he is ready this defense needs pass rushers this year. We all saw what happened when we lost our only pass rusher this year.

Lawson will be back, which will be huge. Cowart will be a big contributor as well. Don't worry be happy.

Based on what everyone on this and other boards are posting, Tega has a ton of potential. If he wants to come to AU, then that will be good. However; who is going to deliver the quality coaching at AU that will produce an all SEC player that contributes to SEC championships and hopefully national championships?

wde

I would assume that will come from our DL coach, Garner. If CWM wants him there, I think we should all assume he's a good coach.

wde

I would assume that will come from our DL coach, Garner. If CWM wants him there, I think we should all assume he's a good coach.

LOL, not so sure CWM wanted him as our DL coach more so than our AD. Just to play the game, if Boom is our DC for more than 2 years and Garner remains the DL coach, it will mean that Garner has actually earned his pay in terms of coaching on the field (his weakness) and off of the field (recruiting, which is where Garner "garnered" his reputation). Time will tell.

wde

wde

Six first round picks, a bunch more drafted, a bunch more signed as free agents. Not too bad.

WDE!

Garner coached 19 draft picks on the dl in uga in 15 years. 5 first rounders. He coached a first rounder his first year at AU who came out of nowhere. He has one year where there's not a superstar due to our one potential superstar getting hurt and now we have goofballs calling him out in recruiting threads like they think he is some buffoon. Priceless. Freaking priceless.

Fortunately, our coaches can sell themselves to these recruits and present their very impressive resumes. I have a feeling the recruits are confident in the coaching they would receive here as am I and most others.

Garner coached 19 draft picks on the dl in uga in 15 years. 5 first rounders. He coached a first rounder his first year at AU who came out of nowhere. He has one year where there's not a superstar due to our one potential superstar getting hurt and now we have goofballs calling him out in recruiting threads like they think he is some buffoon. Priceless. Freaking priceless.

Fortunately, our coaches can sell themselves to these recruits and present their very impressive resumes. I have a feeling the recruits are confident in the coaching they would receive here as am I and most others.

Hard to argue. He may be the best in the world, but he def has a decent resume

Let's not go down the Garner debate again. Any rumblings as to whether Tega is willing to move up his commitment date? I assume we hold a spot for him anyway with Key out of the picture, but I'm just wondering.

LOL, not so sure CWM wanted him as our DL coach more so than our AD. Just to play the game, if Boom is our DC for more than 2 years and Garner remains the DL coach, it will mean that Garner has actually earned his pay in terms of coaching on the field (his weakness) and off of the field (recruiting, which is where Garner "garnered" his reputation). Time will tell.

wde

Boom wanted to retain Garner. He thinks very highly of him. If Boom didn't want him CRG would be at another position.

Let's not go down the Garner debate again. Any rumblings as to whether Tega is willing to move up his commitment date? I assume we hold a spot for him anyway with Key out of the picture, but I'm just wondering.

The staff is working on that as we speak.

The staff is working on that as we speak.

sounds good.

If tega pans out like I think he will my future self appointed title will be inside talent evaluator

You.ve always liked players who are rated lower than their potential appears which is an admiral trait.

Tega is a 4*. That is pretty highly rated. It has to be on potential because of size and speed. Sounds like he is a smart kid too. If he learns quickly, he could still be a steal.

Tega is a 4*. That is pretty highly rated. It has to be on potential because of size and speed. Sounds like he is a smart kid too. If he learns quickly, he could still be a steal.

His athletic ability is fantastic. He is raw still and that's to be expected with only one year of organized football under his belt. If he had been here playing every year he'd be a 5* without question I think. He's still under the radar just a bit because of his lack of experience.

wde

Boom wanted to retain Garner. He thinks very highly of him. If Boom didn't want him CRG would be at another position.

OK. I hope all of you defending Garner are right and I am wrong. I just want to see good DL play on the field at AU (DL being drafted based on potential means nothing to me. It is what the unit produces on the field at AU is what is important), I have yet to see good DL play at AU in the two years that RG has been our DL coach and even while he was at uga, the DL play on the field was less that stellar based on the talent lining up on the field.

To say again, I hope all of you who believe Garner to be a competent DL coach are right and I am wrong because that will mean AU will win more football games. Time will tell. And if RG proves to be a good DL coach at AU starting next year, I will gladly post on this board, the football board and any other site that I post on, that I was wrong. I have no problem admitting I am wrong in my opinions when proven wrong.

wde

Archived