Sammie/D'haquille are projected as 1st-2nd round picks by Kiper

Dual-Threat Rigby

http://www.al.com/au...uburns_sam.html

16546582-mmmain.jpg

AUBURN, Alabama -- Auburn receivers Sammie Coates and D'haquille Williams will decide in the near future whether to return to school for their senior seasons or jump into the NFL.

On Thursday, ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper gave Auburn fans some projections they may not want to hear.

"They're both similar in terms of where they'll go," Kiper said of his round projections during a conference call. "Maybe late one, but probably early to mid two."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.cbssports...ankings/2015/WR

Lots of opinions out there. Lots of WR talent out there also.

Wow, Quan Bray is listed there but not Duke.

Unfortunately, I think college kids see Mel Kiper's picks and since he has the biggest platform, along with Todd McShay, that if they are getting that high of a grade from Kiper they will go. Problem is, if Mel Kiper was so good at what he does he'd work in an NFL front office somewhere.

http://www.cbssports...ankings/2015/WR

Lots of opinions out there. Lots of WR talent out there also.

Wow, Quan Bray is listed there but not Duke.

Unfortunately, I think college kids see Mel Kiper's picks and since he has the biggest platform, along with Todd McShay, that if they are getting that high of a grade from Kiper they will go. Problem is, if Mel Kiper was so good at what he does he'd work in an NFL front office somewhere.

Duke's omission was most certainly a mistake. I wouldn't read much into it.

Duke is a first rounder. Remember 7 WRs went in the first round last year. I think if scouts really watch Sammie's film and see that he doesn't actually catch the ball with his hands properly, they will not like that one bit. Of course if Sammie went to the combine, scouts will be drooling over him.

First round is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If they cannot go first round, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

First round is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If they cannot go first round, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

Yes, because signing a second or third round NFL contract for more money in a year than most people will see in a decade is the definition of failure, right?

Are you serious? If they can get 1st or 2nd round they should go. No failure except that you think it's a failure. Otherwise it's awesome for them.

Are you serious? If they can get 1st or 2nd round they should go. No failure except that you think it's a failure. Otherwise it's awesome for them.

This is a riff on statements made in the 200+ page Muschamp thread. It is not to be taken seriously....but it is funny.

I guess that's why you're at home and players like Tre Mason and Davante Adams are in the NFL...

Some of you aren't getting the joke apparently. Go back through that mess of a Muschamp thread and it's there. BTW- if they are in the 1st or 2nd rounds, common sense and simple odds will tell ya they are probably going. It's win-win either way.

Since I am not familiar with their family situations; I would not tell them what they need to do nor would I even guess what is best for them. All I can do is hope and pray that whatever decision they make turns out to be the best. WDE to them both and good luck. One thing I do believe is they will both fare better than Darvin Adams did when he came out.

Now the reality is setting in deep. There were two playmaking beasts of WR on The Plains this season. Quan Bray also had a solid senior season mixed with some spectacular plays of his own

That's a lot of quality production lost.

If true, it would be hard for either to walk away from 1st or 2nd round. I would love to see each back one more year with JJ at the helm!

I felt pretty confident about atleast one of them staying for next year but thanks to Mel Kiper, I'm not feeling the same. Either way I hope they represent Auburn in the NFL has Auburn men should. If they can't play at Auburn next year then I hope the Titans can snag one of them.

Auburn has Wide Receiver depth. While I would love to have Duke or Sammie for another year we gotta let some new guys make a name for themselves at SOME point. Duke and Sammie's time have gone and went. It's time for Melvin Ray/Tony Stevens/Marcus Davis/Jaylon Denson/Ricardo Louis to shine.

If that holds up, they're both gone. They are 2 of my favorite players. They will be missed.

Sammie is a really great guy.

Duke's toughness in the bama game was epic! And he straight up catches anything in the sky.

I wish them the best in the NFL.

It will hurt us against specific opponents early next season IMO if we lose both to the draft. Sure we have go-to speedsters in waiting but JJ would benefit from the combo speed, height, strength and EXPERIENCE Duke and/or Sammie would give him against Louisville et al.

It will hurt us against specific opponents early next season IMO if we lose both to the draft. Sure we have go-to speedsters in waiting but JJ would benefit from the combo speed, height, strength and EXPERIENCE Duke and/or Sammie would give him against Louisville et al.

Very true! Melvin Ray has the size and hands. I think a TF will be a main player early if they both go pro. JMHO.

Archived