2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

May be relevant....

@DerekTysonESPN: Holland said he, CeCe Jefferson and Byron Cowart still plan to go to the same school even though Cowart hasn't been to Ole Miss yet.

Why does this foolishness about Ole Miss keep popping up? There is absolutely no way these young men go to OM. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Your blatant disregard for the real possibility that at least some of these kids would chose Ole Miss is what is foolish. We all wish they'd chose us, but to ignore the possibility that they won't is just baffling.

I am a guts and glory type of fan and person, and accept nothing less. This comes from my military background and family that served in WWII, Vietnam, and Desert Storm. Maybe I am blinded with orange and blue. However, I stand behind my love and dogged determination to see that we get the best of the best to come to Auburn. I respect your opinion. I just find Ole Miss to be a bottom feeder team. I could understand these kids going to Florida, but OM is a poor choice. Their 2013 class was nothing more than an aberration. Freeze will likely be gone in a few years. Mark my word, OM will do no better than a 7-6 record for 2015.

well doc that's all well and good. The thing is that what matters to you is not necessarily the same thing that matters to an 18 year old high school athlete. Like it or not, that is the way things are. I don't begrudge anyone their choice of schools. It's their life not mine or yours. Going to Ole Miss is not a wasted decision.

Couldn't agree with you more. The days of Ole Miss being a bottom feeder are gone. If Frost doesn't make a great play they beat us this year. Freeze is a good coach at a good school. And he's got good recruiters working for him. I'm as passionate an AU fan as there is, but Oxford is a good place to go to school.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May be relevant....

@DerekTysonESPN: Holland said he, CeCe Jefferson and Byron Cowart still plan to go to the same school even though Cowart hasn't been to Ole Miss yet.

Why does this foolishness about Ole Miss keep popping up? There is absolutely no way these young men go to OM. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Your blatant disregard for the real possibility that at least some of these kids would chose Ole Miss is what is foolish. We all wish they'd chose us, but to ignore the possibility that they won't is just baffling.

I am a guts and glory type of fan and person, and accept nothing less. This comes from my military background and family that served in WWII, Vietnam, and Desert Storm. Maybe I am blinded with orange and blue. However, I stand behind my love and dogged determination to see that we get the best of the best to come to Auburn. I respect your opinion. I just find Ole Miss to be a bottom feeder team. I could understand these kids going to Florida, but OM is a poor choice. Their 2013 class was nothing more than an aberration. Freeze will likely be gone in a few years. Mark my word, OM will do no better than a 7-6 record for 2015.

well doc that's all well and good. The thing is that what matters to you is not necessarily the same thing that matters to an 18 year old high school athlete. Like it or not, that is the way things are. I don't begrudge anyone their choice of schools. It's their life not mine or yours. Going to Ole Miss is not a wasted decision.

Couldn't agree with you more. The days of Ole Miss being a bottom feeder are gone. If Frost doesn't make a great play they beat us this year. Freeze is a good coach at a good school. And he's got good recruiters working for him. I'm as passionate an AU fan as there is, but Oxford is a good place to go to school.

And they're recruiting like it. With Van Jefferson committing yesterday, Ole Miss is practically dead even with AU in recruiting this season. According to 247, AU's 2015 class is currently ranked 6th in the SEC, OM's is a very close 7th.

247 SEC 2015 Rankings

I have to agree with tinman and cooltigger21. I appreciate all the ppl on here who can still have sound, reasonable, and objective opinions about AU recruiting despite the fact that they are Auburn fans/alumni. Sometimes, it feels as though those ppl are few and far between on here.

I used to have an Aueagle account, long long ago. So long, I have forgotten the password. In the days leading up to the sonic boom I started reading threads again, and decided it was time to jump back in. This will show you how long I have been gone (and I think I understand this name to be more or less of a joke now): but, wasn't Lache Seastrunk supposedly a part of a "package deal" with Dyer and a Safety that ended up signing with Baylor? Granted, Seastrunk eventually ended up with Baylor, but he signed with Oregon originally. Just another example of the "package deal" thing not working out.

I just find Ole Miss to be a bottom feeder team. I could understand these kids going to Florida, but OM is a poor choice. Their 2013 class was nothing more than an aberration. Freeze will likely be gone in a few years. Mark my word, OM will do no better than a 7-6 record for 2015.

Auburn going 50-48-3 (only because we were later awarded 2 vacated wins against MSU) and 1-9 against bama (with the 1 coming first and all of the 9 coming after) in the decade before must have explained why we didn't get any notable recruits in 1982.

OK, I need to back off and let things be as they will be. I guess most of you realize my dislike of OM. I just hate to see talent wasted. If these young men sign with Florida, it will bother me, but nowhere as much as going to OM.

Let's look at his record so far. If we had a coach that had Freeze's record over the time he has to date, he would be on a very hot seat. I just do not see OM being anything more than an 8-5 at best team. Yes, we had the same record. If OM gets all of the recruits that a lot of you seem to think, I will eat crow and offer my best apology to all!

Coach Garner needs to get CeCe into committing and then sign with Auburn. We need some beef on that defensive line.

Why is OM so much better at signing the 5* studs then we are. I just don't understand.

I used to have an Aueagle account, long long ago. So long, I have forgotten the password. In the days leading up to the sonic boom I started reading threads again, and decided it was time to jump back in. This will show you how long I have been gone (and I think I understand this name to be more or less of a joke now): but, wasn't Lache Seastrunk supposedly a part of a "package deal" with Dyer and a Safety that ended up signing with Baylor? Granted, Seastrunk eventually ended up with Baylor, but he signed with Oregon originally. Just another example of the "package deal" thing not working out.

The package deal was supposed to be Seastrunk and safety Ahmad Dixon, but I'm pretty sure in that case it was being pushed more by the Baylor staff than it was the kids. Dixon was going to BU and they were all trying to get LS too.

Interesting thing about that year, we almost signed the top three RBs in the country in Dyer, Seastrunk and Marcus Lattimore. We signed Dyer and came dang close to signing Lattimore. We turned Seastrunk away because of his relationship with a street agent, which is why he ultimately had to leave Oregon. Who knows, maybe Dyer would have minded his Ps and Qs had there been real competition for playing time. And maybe Lattimore would have been better off health-wise had he been splitting time. And Seastrunk could very well have been better at the McCalebb role than McCalebb, he's bigger and has much better RB skills. Oh well.

WDE!

Edit: Oh yeah... Welcome back, TrojanTiger!

Jefferson named OM the leader weeks ago. Then he spends his own money and drives for a weekend in Oxford this past weekend. Now word is that he stopped by alabama on the way home (not AU). How anyone thinks that he is coming our way is beyond me...

4ever - we signed Lawson and Adams, and there is a good chance we sign Cowart (at least right now). All 3 could be starting in Sept. Think about that for a second...

I'm with you Doc. There is a reason that OM has not won a conference title since 1963 and why they are one of the only teams in the west never to play in the championship game. It's because their Ole Miss. I went to school in Mississippi for a few years and my wife graduated from MS State. State is the same way, only their fans know it. OM fans actually think they are an upper echelon SEC program. Seasons like 2014 come along once every 10 years or so for OM. Remember the last time they had a "magical" season? It was in 2003 and the quarterback was Eli Manning. If they can't win with Eli Manning (or Archie for that matter), they can't win period. They may get their fair share of recruits, but they will not see the winning on the field because they are Ole Miss.

The package deal was supposed to be Seastrunk and safety Ahmad Dixon, but I'm pretty sure in that case it was being pushed more by the Baylor staff than it was the kids. Dixon was going to BU and they were all trying to get LS too.

Interesting thing about that year, we almost signed the top three RBs in the country in Dyer, Seastrunk and Marcus Lattimore. We signed Dyer and came dang close to signing Lattimore. We turned Seastrunk away because of his relationship with a street agent, which is why he ultimately had to leave Oregon. Who knows, maybe Dyer would have minded his Ps and Qs had there been real competition for playing time. And maybe Lattimore would have been better off health-wise had he been splitting time. And Seastrunk could very well have been better at the McCalebb role than McCalebb, he's bigger and has much better RB skills. Oh well.

WDE!

And in the end, only one of them has a national title - Dyer - and it was because of his play in that game that we are able to say that... things seem to work out...

I believe the SEC West is now playing "keep up". Gone are the days where you penciled in OM and MSU as easy wins. Everyone will have a competitive team this year, I believe. The recruiting and coaching has improved across the board.

(Though I still believe AU has a better chance at success than most schools in the West or East.)

WDE!

Yeah, I remember all the signing day drama from that year. I believe the rumor around here that morning was that Seastrunk faxed his LOI to Auburn and we just shredded it. I will always blame Spurrier's dance skills for losing out on Lattimore.

I would guess he might get another coaching job.

Not to say that he wouldn't leave, but he has said that Ole Miss was his destination job (perhaps not in those exact words). I posed the question because I don't see where there is a greater likelihood of Freeze leaving in a few years than there is Gus and therefore it's not really an arguing point on why a kid shouldn't choose them.

What will be will be very good come NSD. We will blow away all of the 1st and 2nd tier teams in the SEC. (2nd tier does include OM)

Saw where CeCe stopped in T town on way down to Oxford and on way back.. Is it just me or are we out of the picture or on our way out? I want cowart more anyways

he had to use the bathroom...that's what that place is used for

Just shooting from the hip here, but he recently visited Auburn, so maybe he wanted one last look at U of A and OM before making his final decision? I am not predicting at all that he signs with us, but I don't take his visit to Tuscaloosa as a sign that we are no longer in the running.

He looks like KC, I think it is the hair. Cant help but think he is ours to lose. Family and stuff.

AU vs uat. 50/50 right now.

Really, fifty. Thought we would have the upper hand straight out of the gate.

Long route,

AU does have the upper hand out the gate but a long ways to go. Lets hope out D play this year is a lot better. Especially and LBer. if you get my drift.

The defense, at all positions, will be markedly better in 2015. What that translates to in terms of this kid and others, time will tell.

We say this every year. No one knows how better the D will be next year. Tons of factors in play here.

Saw where CeCe stopped in T town on way down to Oxford and on way back.. Is it just me or are we out of the picture or on our way out? I want cowart more anyways

he had to use the bathroom...that's what that place is used for

There used to be a sign over the toilet at Momma Goldbergs in Auburn that said "Flush twice. It's a long way to Tuscaloosa." I will never forget that. And it's true too!!

What will be will be very good come NSD. We will blow away all of the 1st and 2nd tier teams in the SEC. (2nd tier does include OM)

You seriously think AU will finish out above UA/UGA/UT/aTm on NSD?

As of right now, the highest ranking we have is #10 on Scout - everybody else has us at #11. I'd be happy as a clam to end it with a top 5 finish - but that is going to be tough.

Archived