2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

CeCe wants to play somewhere he can be The Man. I don't mean that in a negative way. He just wants to stand out somewhere. He likes Bama, but he would just be another guy there. UF is UF right now, so they are out. He would like to play with Cowart, but he is more likely to take his own path.

Going to be interesting coming down to NSD to see what happens with Holland, and Arden Key. With Key visiting this last weekend, and spots being few and far between. Key really likes LSU as well.

you are just throwing away his quotes on needing guys to build a team, on the package deal?

Yes. He visited another school. Woe be to us. The world has come to an end. Goodbye cruel world...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CeCe wants to play somewhere he can be The Man. I don't mean that in a negative way. He just wants to stand out somewhere. He likes Bama, but he would just be another guy there. UF is UF right now, so they are out. He would like to play with Cowart, but he is more likely to take his own path.

Going to be interesting coming down to NSD to see what happens with Holland, and Arden Key. With Key visiting this last weekend, and spots being few and far between. Key really likes LSU as well.

There is definitely some truth to this post.

Not ready to declare surrender yet, but CeCe is going to be a hard one for us to get.

He is super talented and will be a good player if he lives up to his potential.

you are just throwing away his quotes on needing guys to build a team, on the package deal?

I thought that was Cowart that said that.

They both said it so there may be truth to it. Whether that happens or not...well CeCe will need to stop throwing up the landshark sign on weekend visits.

here's Jefferson:

“In order to change a program you can’t do it alone,” Jefferson told Gannett partner First Coast News in Jacksonville. “You have to have great guys coming in with you and willing to help work and have the same mindset as you and change the program. So we trust each other and we just came to the conclusion that if we are going to go in with anybody why not be us three.”

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/cece-jefferson-byron-cowart-jeffrey-holland-recruiting

They both said it so there may be truth to it. Whether that happens or not...well CeCe will need to stop throwing up the landshark sign on weekend visits.

here's Jefferson:

“In order to change a program you can’t do it alone,” Jefferson told Gannett partner First Coast News in Jacksonville. “You have to have great guys coming in with you and willing to help work and have the same mindset as you and change the program. So we trust each other and we just came to the conclusion that if we are going to go in with anybody why not be us three.”

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/cece-jefferson-byron-cowart-jeffrey-holland-recruiting

Your probably right,I could have gotten them mixed up.Sorry

May be relevant....

@DerekTysonESPN: Holland said he, CeCe Jefferson and Byron Cowart still plan to go to the same school even though Cowart hasn't been to Ole Miss yet.

The package deal is the key. I feel very confident that these young men will be Auburn Tigers come NSD. What better school out there than Auburn. Auburn is a very special place indeed. Camelot comes to mind when thinking about Auburn University. Folks, it just does not get any better than Auburn!

May be relevant....

@DerekTysonESPN: Holland said he, CeCe Jefferson and Byron Cowart still plan to go to the same school even though Cowart hasn't been to Ole Miss yet.

Why does this foolishness about Ole Miss keep popping up? There is absolutely no way these young men go to OM. This makes no sense whatsoever.

May be relevant....

Why does this foolishness about Ole Miss keep popping up? There is absolutely no way these young men go to OM. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Your blatant disregard for the real possibility that at least some of these kids would chose Ole Miss is what is foolish. We all wish they'd chose us, but to ignore the possibility that they won't is just baffling.

May be relevant....

Your blatant disregard for the real possibility that at least some of these kids would chose Ole Miss is what is foolish. We all wish they'd chose us, but to ignore the possibility that they won't is just baffling.

If it is a package deal I do not see it being Ole Miss. Especially, if cowart has not even visited them. If no package deal I think there is a very good chance CeCe goes there. I think the package deal is what is throwing everyone off with the Ole Miss stuff.

May be relevant....

If it is a package deal I do not see it being Ole Miss. Especially, if cowart has not even visited them. If no package deal I think there is a very good chance CeCe goes there. I think the package deal is what is throwing everyone off with the Ole Miss stuff.

Fair enough point, but his posts have been so homer that I doubt that logic was applied.

In recruiting, I think the assumption has to be that there are no package deals until there is one. So evaluating the trends for each recruit separately, rather than as a package, is the only way to try and make any logical prediction.

These kids have a lot of fun interacting with and meeting fellow peers that they meet through their HS football journey (camps, all-star events, recruiting visits, etc). You're talking 17-18 year old kids; a lot of the time they are just trying to stir up some sort of buzz story. The reality however is that at the end of the day all of these guys are going to make the INDIVIDUAL decision that best benefits THEMSELVES. That is why most of these elaborate "package deals" rarely pan out in reality. It sounds fun saying "yeah me and so-and-so are all great friends now and we all want to play together in college", but when it comes time to actually sign that paper none of these kids are going to allow that "factor" to get in the way of choosing the school that they really want.

Just because they say that they are a package deal, doesn't mean that it is iron-clad...at all. There is nothing "foolish" about the Ole Miss thing: they lead before we ever even got into the picture.

As Meta said, the package deal sounds great but rarely happens. End of the day, I think we get 2/3 of the "package" and CeCe ends up elsewhere. JMO.

We may end up with them ... But not because of some package "deal". My guess is the package deal is somewhere around 15th to 20th on list of importance to these guys. Heck may be lower on the list than that.

The last "package deal" I remember talked about this much was the Matthews/Kamara/Foster one. Didn't they all say they were going to play at the same place?

Yep with some other tangential players in that one as well. Matthews and Foster were the two most adamant about it though.

The last "package deal" I remember talked about this much was the Matthews/Kamara/Foster one. Didn't they all say they were going to play at the same place?

That talk was very early in the recruiting process.

But didn't Foster and Kamara both sign with Bama. So really the package was at least partly accurate in that case.

But didn't Foster and Kamara both sign with Bama. So really the package was at least partly accurate in that case.

Yes, and I believe Kamara has since been dismissed from the team and as we all know Matthews is a Tiger now. I'm hoping we get a partial part of the package at the very least!

Yes, and I believe Kamara has since been dismissed from the team and as we all know Matthews is a Tiger now. I'm hoping we get a partial part of the package at the very least!

AK will be a weapon in the UTk backfield next year. As good a JUCO pickup as you can get, except for JR!;)

May be relevant....

I am a guts and glory type of fan and person, and accept nothing less. This comes from my military background and family that served in WWII, Vietnam, and Desert Storm. Maybe I am blinded with orange and blue. However, I stand behind my love and dogged determination to see that we get the best of the best to come to Auburn. I respect your opinion. I just find Ole Miss to be a bottom feeder team. I could understand these kids going to Florida, but OM is a poor choice. Their 2013 class was nothing more than an aberration. Freeze will likely be gone in a few years. Mark my word, OM will do no better than a 7-6 record for 2015.

May be relevant....

I am a guts and glory type of fan and person, and accept nothing less. This comes from my military background and family that served in WWII, Vietnam, and Desert Storm. Maybe I am blinded with orange and blue. However, I stand behind my love and dogged determination to see that we get the best of the best to come to Auburn. I respect your opinion. I just find Ole Miss to be a bottom feeder team. I could understand these kids going to Florida, but OM is a poor choice. Their 2013 class was nothing more than an aberration. Freeze will likely be gone in a few years. Mark my word, OM will do no better than a 7-6 record for 2015.

well doc that's all well and good. The thing is that what matters to you is not necessarily the same thing that matters to an 18 year old high school athlete. Like it or not, that is the way things are. I don't begrudge anyone their choice of schools. It's their life not mine or yours. Going to Ole Miss is not a wasted decision.

Archived