2015 5* DE CeCe Jefferson (Florida signee)

Skyler97

Gainesville is more famous for their "Ripper" than the university or football team. Settling for UF denotes inertia and/or compulsion.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don't know why he would choose UF now regardless of this being his dream school. I mean if they lied to him once then who is to say they won't lie to him again.

There are very mixed reports regarding Florida "lying". To be completely honest; I'd be willing to believe Florida's story regarding him knowing Williams was leaving with CeCe and company using it as a convenient excuse for their actions. This whole thing is behind his father 100%; his actions have been highly suspicious during the entire process. What happened is that he wanted his son elsewhere, with there being lots of talk late that Alabama was his top choice.

He'll likely end up at Florida, which is where he wanted to go anyway.

It appears Leo likes the attention and spotlight on CeCe and himself. He has kinda directed this whole thing for the last few weeks. He said the UF coaches haven't been "pursuing" Cece as hard as other schools....What does that even mean?

I question why CeCe even chose FLA to begin with if he was looking for stability in a coaching staff? I mean Muschamp was a dead man walking for most of the '14 season, everyone knew he was getting canned at UF. So the Jefferson's knew there would be a whole new staff. There have been way more ?'s about that UF program in the last year than any of the other schools they looked at.

I just don't know why he would choose UF now regardless of this being his dream school. I mean if they lied to him once then who is to say they won't lie to him again.

There are very mixed reports regarding Florida "lying". To be completely honest; I'd be willing to believe Florida's story regarding him knowing Williams was leaving with CeCe and company using it as a convenient excuse for their actions. This whole thing is behind his father 100%; his actions have been highly suspicious during the entire process. What happened is that he wanted his son elsewhere, with there being lots of talk late that Alabama was his top choice.

He'll likely end up at Florida, which is where he wanted to go anyway.

It appears Leo likes the attention and spotlight on CeCe and himself. He has kinda directed this whole thing for the last few weeks. He said the UF coaches haven't been "pursuing" Cece as hard as other schools....What does that even mean?

I question why CeCe even chose FLA to begin with if he was looking for stability in a coaching staff? I mean Muschamp was a dead man walking for most of the '14 season, everyone knew he was getting canned at UF. So the Jefferson's knew there would be a whole new staff. There have been way more ?'s about that UF program in the last year than any of the other schools they looked at.

No this makes too much sense!!! :dunno:

@JonShu89

CeCe Jefferson said he's planning on signing his #LOI to #Florida sometime next week.

You beat me here by seconds, haha. Florida feels like it's where he's gonna end up. But he just keeps leaving that door open...

Same gut feeling for several days. We'll see.

I'm getting the feeling that the schools that don't get this guy are dodging a bullet. If this circus is an indication of things to come there are going to be rocks in the river downstream.

"haven't recruited him hard enough"...don't know what that means...seems that a school saying..."we would like to offer you the opportunity to attend our fine university for free and to play a game you love" .... would be enough.

Not picking on CeCe in particular because after watching this process for many years, he is pretty typical.

I mean, how much groveling should a coach have to do to convince any 18 year old to attend his university, get outstanding coaching for up to 5 years...and all for free? Many of these kids have learned the "entitled" concept pretty early in their lives.

I'm getting the feeling that the schools that don't get this guy are dodging a bullet. If this circus is an indication of things to come there are going to be rocks in the river downstream.

This is what occurred to me as well. I've watched, with amusement, all of this stuff going on and in the back of my mind has been "what is the history of how well these Drama Queen recruits do?"... Seems to me that whether it's the kid himself, his family or some other "mentor" behind the scenes, what's going to happen the first time something doesn't go his way on the practice field?? He thinks the coaches are unfair now? Wait until he misses an assignment and has to run stadium steps to atone.... Personally, I say, let the Gators have him.

If your reaction would be anything other than to do backflips over a top 10 recruit signing with us at this last minute, then I don't know what to say to you.

Let's take a step back a second and look just at what we know. First: the kid's position coach took a new job literally on national signing day. Second: the school just hired a new position coach yesterday afternoon. I think it's reasonable that he wants to mull things over for at least 24 hours before making a 3+ year commitment. Y'all need to chill out.

I agree with the above poster. Given the fact that a NLI binds you to a school for the next 4+ years (as transfers are penalized), I'm very sympathetic to kids waiting a while to make their commitment. CeCe is in a situation where his school of choice has been undergoing serious turbulence for several months. Given that his natural talent allows him the opportunity to wait and still have a slot available at most schools, why not wait and make the best decision?

Also, I recognize that forums are a place of chatter, but conjecture about the Jefferson family taking money is not cool. The circus surrounding the Cam Newton saga really changed my perspective, and I hope I'm not the only one in the Auburn family. Respect the kids and let the NCAA do their part.

mod note: Not one person here knows anything other than what's being reported. Let's leave the rumors and speculation and made up crap out of it.

mod note: Not one person here knows anything other than what's being reported. Let's leave the rumors and speculation and made up crap out of it.

agreed 100%. Few if any of us have ever had the pressure of what this kid is experiencing and we have no idea outside of what is being reported. Thanks wartiger!

If there is a chance still for Auburn, I would have had Byron Cowart, Jeffrey Holland, and Ryan Davis on his front porch this morning laying out the plan to win a National Championship together.

How weird is the relationship between CeCe and McElwain going to be if he does choose UF. Coach would probably always look at him knowing he tried to play him.

How weird is the relationship between CeCe and McElwain going to be if he does choose UF. Coach would probably always look at him knowing he tried to play him.

Could possibly be both ways. Interesting to see what happens

Hadn't thought about that. CeCe may very well back himself into a corner where he can't go to FLA.

College football players have little power after they sign. They cant transfer without sitting and head coaches can tell them where they can and cannot go depending on the circumstances. The greatest power a kid has over his football career comes before he signs and after he declares for the draft, in between those events , not so much.

Its a big decision for him, he should use this power while he has it.

Archived