2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope Auburn can get Brown to sign on NSD

A4E x 3 REALLYs. Just playing with ya. I REALLY mean that with all sarcasm. Curious, you rooting against Cam in the superbowl?

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rivals predicted him to UTk. That's probably worth about the paper it's printed on.

Rivals isn't a big fan of the barn.

I know it's not Davidson's thread,but if we get Jackson and Brown, would we likely try to move Marlon inside? Would we likely move him inside anyway?

Believe he's moving inside anyway. With opportunity to play inside and outside. He's really big now.

I know it's not Davidson's thread,but if we get Jackson and Brown, would we likely try to move Marlon inside? Would we likely move him inside anyway?

Believe he's moving inside anyway. With opportunity to play inside and outside. He's really big now.

So our DT haul would essentially be Davidson, Jackson and Brown? THAT is a load.

So our DT haul would essentially be Davidson, Jackson and Brown? THAT is a load.

Yep

#firecrg

CBs to AU rolling in this afternoon though

Which recruits?

wde

really, what thread are you reading? My guess would be that person A4E, I mean AUIH1......

Which recruits?

wde

really, what thread are you reading? My guess would be that person A4E, I mean AUIH1......

Ouch

from who?

Josh Newbirg, Luke Stampini and Wesley Sinor.

Add one more, this one from B. Simmons.

With a caveat that UTk is a "very real threat"

It's not that we try to move him. His skill set & body project a move inside regardless of who we get or don't get.

from who?

Still would like to see them come in from Keith, Rusty, Kipp, Jake Rowe, & Ryan Callahan. 247 writers for AU, UGA, & UTk.

It's not that we try to move him. His skill set & body project a move inside regardless of who we get or don't get.

He might move inside at some point but I'm told that Marlon is so quick off the ball he will be at the DE next year.

Yeah, I think there's a natural inclination to equate "big" with "interior", but that's not necessarily true. If he has a quick first step, girth is a benefit for an edge rusher. It makes you harder to knock off your line once you get a step. With Adams, Russell, Lawrence, and Swain back from last year's five-man rotation inside, there will be more opportunities for snaps at DE next season. Those guys are more established than guys like Kennion or President who slid in and out of the rotation (and were never particularly productive).

from who?

Still would like to see them come in from Keith, Rusty, Kipp, Jake Rowe, & Ryan Callahan. 247 writers for AU, UGA, & UTk.

Agree but I'll take what I can get for now. KN of 247 did post an article on what the '16 class could look like and has us as a slight lead to get Brown but he hasn't changed his CB pick yet.

from who?

Agree but I'll take what I can get for now. KN of 247 did post an article on what the '16 class could look like and has us as a slight lead to get Brown but he hasn't changed his CB pick yet.

Probably waiting to get a read on Brown after his visit to Tennessee.

Archived