2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

he would stay home.

See that's the thing. Georgia is not truly his home state. He was born & lived in Mississippi for a while. Both parents went to school @ Miss St.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he would stay home.

See that's the thing. Georgia is not truly his home state. He was born & lived in Mississippi for a while. Both parents went to school @ Miss St.

For goodness sake, keep Kenny Rogers away from him.

I did read that Derrick Brown was on Rusty Mansell's radio show. So what gives with that? Reminds me of Evans joining an Andrew Bone show.

He & his mom have both been on Keith's show too. No biggie there.
Some people think that whatever pissed off Derrick Brown,
The only thing that ticked him off was everyone thinking he was a UGA lock at 1 time.

I did read that Derrick Brown was on Rusty Mansell's radio show. So what gives with that? Reminds me of Evans joining an Andrew Bone show.

"The only thing that ticked him off was everyone thinking he was a UGA lock at 1 time."

"The only thing that ticked him off was everyone thinking he was a UGA lock at 1 time."

https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/georgias-no-1-prospect-denies-auburn-rumor

You're thinking of Auburn.

https://www.seccount...es-auburn-rumor

I told you I don't read that sesspool website. I don't click on them. Don't bother linking their crap to me. They don't know anything.

I told you I don't read that sesspool website. I don't click on them. Don't bother linking their crap to me. They don't know anything.

They have quotes and you don't. Be realistic

Just remember, Jeff... "He strongly denied the Auburn report" in reporter talk, especially a reporter covering bama, means he said something to the effect of "No" when asked if the report that Auburn was his leader was true. All of these reporters are pot-stirrers who are pandering to their particular fan base (or biggest reader group in the case of some of our beat reporters) and are going to use quotes out of context and spin everything else.

Just remember, Jeff... "He strongly denied the Auburn report" in reporter talk, especially a reporter covering bama, means he said something to the effect of "No" when asked if the report that Auburn was his leader was true. All of these reporters are pot-stirrers who are pandering to their particular fan base (or biggest reader group in the case of some of our beat reporters) and are going to use quotes out of context and spin everything else.

Whether he strongly denied the report is irrelevant; E was saying that Brown was mad because people assumed Georgia was number one. In reality, it's the exact opposite. People were assuming that Auburn was favored and that is what made Brown say, "Don’t believe anything unless it’s coming from my mom or dad’s mouth or mine.”

Whether he strongly denied the report is irrelevant; E was saying that Brown was mad because people assumed Georgia was number one. In reality, it's the exact opposite. People were assuming that Auburn was favored and that is what made Brown say, "Don't believe anything unless it's coming from my mom or dad's mouth or mine."

I get that you were correcting E, and you're right, it was Auburn and not Georgia. What we don't know for certain is in what part of their conversation he said "Don't believe anything unless it's coming from my mom or dad's mouth or mine." That could have just been a blanket statement to cover all of his recruiting and not directly related to the Auburn conversation at all. Never trust a reporter.

Whether he strongly denied the report is irrelevant; E was saying that Brown was mad because people assumed Georgia was number one. In reality, it's the exact opposite. People were assuming that Auburn was favored and that is what made Brown say, "Don't believe anything unless it's coming from my mom or dad's mouth or mine."

I get that you were correcting E, and you're right, it was Auburn and not Georgia. What we don't know for certain is in what part of their conversation he said "Don't believe anything unless it's coming from my mom or dad's mouth or mine." That could have just been a blanket statement to cover all of his recruiting and not directly related to the Auburn conversation at all.

He's not right. I was talking very early in the process around March 2015, He got pissed everyone had him pegged to UGA. What I was referring to had 0 to do w/ AU or recent events. I have not seen him pissed about anything since last March. And you're right lion. That quote has 0 to do w/ AU. It's a blanket statement. It again stems from people pegging him to UGA early. He doesn't want anybody to have an indication but reporters get paid so they will go through sources to try to figure where DB is leaning.

He doesn't want anybody to have an indication but reporters get paid so they will go through sources to try to figure where DB is leaning.

Yup. You'd think after all of the years of "will we or won't we get him" stress that people have around here, they'd learn by now that almost across the board, no one actually knows what's going on but the player and the core coaching staff... and no one REALLY knows what's going on but the player. Reporters are paid to make news, these days, not report it.

The best you can do it give us connected people's gut feelings, and those are much appreciated because just waiting around for the sheets of paper to roll in is boring.

I get that you were correcting E, and you're right, it was Auburn and not Georgia. What we don't know for certain is in what part of their conversation he said "Don't believe anything unless it's coming from my mom or dad's mouth or mine." That could have just been a blanket statement to cover all of his recruiting and not directly related to the Auburn conversation at all.

He's not right. I was talking very early in the process around March 2015, He got pissed everyone had him pegged to UGA. What I was referring to had 0 to do w/ AU or recent events. I have not seen him pissed about anything since last March. And you're right lion. That quote has 0 to do w/ AU. It's a blanket statement. It again stems from people pegging him to UGA early. He doesn't want anybody to have an indication but reporters get paid so they will go through sources to try to figure where DB is leaning.

Lol ok. I'm not doing this today.

Lol ok. I'm not doing this today.

There is nothing being done. We are talking about different times which makes the quote mean different things depending on where you are looking from. I will take responsibility though because in my OP I never went into the details as I did in my last post, about it stemming from last March and all. Had I gone into that detail we would not have had a misunderstandin

Brown was upset over the summer and the start of the fall that everyone thought he was all but done to uga.

Brown was upset over the summer and the start of the fall that everyone thought he was all but done to uga.

Yeah but at the time of the article written in my OP, Auburn was the favorite, which prompted the article. That's all I'm saying. If everybody can comprehend that, good. This discussion is mostly over.

Yeah but at the time of the article written in my OP, Auburn was the favorite, which prompted the article.

Pretty sure I said this last month, it was not an AU report. It was a UGA report having AU trending.that prompted that particular article. Bottom line is for whatever reason Derrick does not like services or reporters reporting where their sources say what team is trending. Whether that's AU, UGA, or Timbuktu U doesn't matter.

I want to interrupt and and say a special thanks to E for all his hard work and effort to drop in every little bit and let us in on some info he has. After reading the last few pages of this thread, I now understand why that anyone who has any "insider" info would stop coming here and letting us know about it. There is too many people that want to argue or discredit what they are saying...really pisses me off. Why cant people just say "thanks" and then let it go if they don't want to believe it.

Again, thanks E for all your hard work. You really are missed around here.

I also want to apologize to everyone, especially Derrick Brown, for this sidebar.

I want to interrupt and and say a special thanks to E for all his hard work and effort to drop in every little bit and let us in on some info he has. After reading the last few pages of this thread, I now understand why that anyone who has any "insider" info would stop coming here and letting us know about it. There is too many people that want to argue or discredit what they are saying...really pisses me off. Why cant people just say "thanks" and then let it go if they don't want to believe it.

I also want to apologize to everyone, especially Derrick Brown, for this sidebar.

No worries. It's my fault for not expressing things better or more clearly in the first place.

I have my own views and E has his own views. Common sense and a higher education has taught me to question all the information I receive and that is how I will always be. E and I having a sidebar conversation isn't going to hurt anyone and E is mentally capable to handle himself. To suggest that E is above reproach or that I should zip my lips after all of his reports is ridiculous. Now please show me what information I was trying to dismiss.

I have my own views and E has his own views. Common sense and a higher education has taught me to question all the information I receive and that is how I will always be. E and I having a sidebar conversation isn't going to hurt anyone and E is mentally capable to handle himself. To suggest that E is above reproach or that I should zip my lips after all of his reports is ridiculous. Now please show me what information I was trying to dismiss.

Jeff, not to jump in the middle of this and cause more of an issue, but sometimes it's best to just let it go. Know when to pick your battles.

Again, not trying to start anything, just giving some wise advice.

Jeff, not to jump in the middle of this and cause more of an issue, but sometimes it's best to just let it go. Know when to pick your battles.

Again, not trying to start anything, just giving some wise advice.

Well I'm done now. Me and E actually reached an understanding on the Derrick Brown article. I swear some people on here are just afraid of a conversation.

Archived