2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

Surprised this hasn't been posted in this thread this afternoon...Keith Niebuhr CB'd David Marshall to Georgia today.

That's a strong sign that we get Brown.

Negative

Ok thanks. Figured this based on "Marshall was told if he goes to uga he better be sure he has other options besides AU."

I am confused: what does that quote have to do with Derrick Brown?

Typically when commits are told this, they have a replacement lined up. It was simply my opinion. Wrong perhaps, but not "ridiculous."

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surprised this hasn't been posted in this thread this afternoon...Keith Niebuhr CB'd David Marshall to Georgia today.

Completely unrelated. We are recruiting Marshall as a strong DE only, Brown as a DT only. AU wants & will take both if they can.

Negative

Ok thanks. Figured this based on "Marshall was told if he goes to uga he better be sure he has other options besides AU."

No. That would be because the staff would finally have enough of DM's drama.

Negative

Gotcha. Did not realize Marshall had caused more than this one episode of drama to the staff.

Aren't many thinking Marshall will end up at NT. Not too bothered if he goes to the dogs.

Not many but some. I can tell you UGA is only talking to him about playing outside end also.

Negative

Gotcha. Did not realize Marshall had caused drama to the staff.

lol. You must have just followed this cycle for the first time recently. He has been drama since he decommitted after BCW in May.

Negative

Gotcha. Did not realize Marshall had caused drama to the staff.

lol. You must have just followed this cycle for the first time recently. He has been drama since he decommitted after BCW in May.

Yeah I don't follow it 365 like you guys. I typically jump in 3 weeks prior to NSD.

E, I saw somewhere his weight had ballooned. Is that accurate.

Marshall or Brown? Marshall has gotten bigger but I would not call it ballooned if it's accurate. He was @ 256 lbs last Summer but told Scout the other day after his AU OV he was up to 272. He carries it well too.

Sorry, yes Marshall. I had seen on a alternate board he was at 280 and if so seems like he would be destined for interior. I'd say 272 would be his max on the outside. All depends on his work ethic I suppose. How does his measure.

Sorry, yes Marshall. I had seen on a alternate board he was at 280 and if so seems like he would be destined for interior. I'd say 272 would be his max on the outside. All depends on his work ethic I suppose. How does his measure.

There are 280 DEs in college, especially on 3 man front teams.

E, you said there has been drama with Marshall since he de-committed. Seems like there has been drama with Marshall since he committed...the first time.

The drama started the when he decommitted right after attending BCW. That was almost 3 months after he committed. Til then he appeared solid.

E, you said there has been drama with Marshall since he de-committed. Seems like there has been drama with Marshall since he committed...the first time.

The drama started the when he decommitted right after attending BCW. That was almost 3 months after he committed. Til then he appeared solid.

Yep he decommitted on the Tuesday immediately after big cat weekend when he was supposedly helping recruit for us. He wasn't the only one to decommit then but the other one still holds a bammer commitment so he didn't have to play games afterwards.

I think we all can take a deep breath and step aside from it all for a few moments. Mr. Brown is Auburn bound! How many of you saw the movie Deja-vu staring Denzel Washington? Who do you think showed the film director about the concept of being able to move ahead in time. Also, a bit like Dr. Emit Brown in Back To the Future.

This is where the Doc comes in. I have been there (next week 4:00 pm NSD). You can relax about Mr. Derrick Brown. He will sign with Auburn and you can take this to the bank! I can only deal with one recruit at a time, unless there is a rip in the fabric of the universe, then all things point to Auburn for Mr. Brown to play his college ball and be a part of 2 NCs before he departs to the NFL as the first defensive player selected.

Rest assured my Auburn brothers, Mr. Derrick Brown will be a proud Auburn Tiger. I hope he reads this post and know if he does, he will sleep soundly knowing that all is well in the world.

Rivals Mike has no clue where Brown will go.

http://rvls.co/3PointStance1-29 (scroll down)

Rivals Mike does not know his head from his left buttocks. I am telling you, Derrick Brown is signing with Auburn and it is all over but the shouting.

Rivals Mike does not know his head from his left buttocks. I am telling you, Derrick Brown is signing with Auburn and it is all over but the shouting.

Love ya Doc but you are begging for an AU jinx.

Rivals Mike had Brown going to UT early last week with uat & Ole Miss as the next two. No mention of AU at all. He is a damn joke.

Well he just said he thinks Derrick picks Auburn...too bad he is a damn joke that runs rivals.

Rivals Mike had Brown going to UT early last week with uat & Ole Miss as the next two. No mention of AU at all. He is a damn joke.

Well he just said he thinks Derrick picks Auburn...too bad he is a damn joke that runs rivals.

Yep.

As of 2/1/16 @ 2:45pm on 24/7 it's :

51% :uga:/>

43% :au:/>

06% :ut:/>

Those %s really don't offer very much insight into reality.

The reality is, AU is trending since 1/1/16.

Archived