2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

CBs to AU rolling in this afternoon though

from who?

Josh Newbirg, Luke Stampini and Wesley Sinor.

Add one more, this one from B. Simmons.

Still would like to see them come in from Keith, Rusty, Kipp, Jake Rowe, & Ryan Callahan. 247 writers for AU, UGA, & UTk.

None of them yet but today we added Bud Elliot and Shannon Terry.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keith just switched his crystal ball to AU. He still feels DB can end up at any 1 of 4 schools but thinks AU is the team to beat right now.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when these kids are visited by coaches trying to get them to commit to their school.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when these kids are visited by coaches trying to get them to commit to their school.

There's a pretty good chance both you and I would find the scene rather disgusting. I already hate sales pitches and that scene would most likely be the ultimate sales pitch.

There's a pretty good chance both you and I would find the scene rather disgusting. I already hate sales pitches and that scene would most likely be the ultimate sales pitch.

I've hear the reason recruits like DC is because it is not a sales pitch but more of a 'real talk' conversation.

Count me in. I think the infamous dance-off was merely an exaggeration of a lot of more common, undignified behavior on the part of recruiters. Not saying coaches in general lack dignity, but I think a lot of personal compromises are made in the name of earning a 7 digit salary (just like any other industry where that is possible).

Not a huge sales pitch like you think. Theses coach have known these kids for years. All about relationships. Relationships are the key to most things in life.

I've hear the reason recruits like DC is because it is not a sales pitch but more of a 'real talk' conversation.

That's 100% accurate with all the top recruiters and head coaches.

These kids are being recruited by MANY great recruiters. The difference is how comfortable they feel with the coach in question.

CDC has been there, and done that. He knows what their life is like, and what they are going through. It is why T-Rob is so successful in S. FL., they can relate.

No link to confirm this and I didn't remember the guest's name, but... I was listening to 97.7 this morning and they were talking to a UTk "recruiting expert". He said that he has heard a lot about AU & UTk being in the hunt for Brown and he would not be surprised to hear one of them named on the NLI. However, if he had to pick who he thinks gets Brown right now he would say UGA. Again, take it for the hearsay that it is.

These kids are being recruited by MANY great recruiters. The difference is how comfortable they feel with the coach in question.

CDC has been there, and done that. He knows what their life is like, and what they are going through. It is why T-Rob is so successful in S. FL., they can relate.

...and that's what we're hoping to get from TWill, I'm guessing.

No link to confirm this and I didn't remember the guest's name, but... I was listening to 97.7 this morning and they were talking to a UTk "recruiting expert". He said that he has heard a lot about AU & UTk being in the hunt for Brown and he would not be surprised to hear one of them named on the NLI. However, if he had to pick who he thinks gets Brown right now he would say UGA. Again, take it for the hearsay that it is.

Kirby has an in home today with Brown today.

The kid is a tough read. I doubt anybody leads.

Bleacher Report just put out an article saying his new top 3 is AU, Tennessee, and Bama.

Yup! UGA is eliminated per someone close to DB. In line w/ what UGA recruiting reporters have been saying for nearly a month now, that DB would likely end up out of state.

Another noteworthy pick flip, Jake Rowe of UGA 247 flipped his pick from UGA to AU.

It was Wes Rucker from 247.

I doubt anybody leads.

We lead. Just gotta hold off Tennessee. Huge in home tonight for, Gus, Steele, & Garner.

^^This^^ lets just get thru the UT visit. I'm still betting on AU

I doubt anybody leads.

We lead. Just gotta hold off Tennessee. Huge in home tonight for, Gus, Steele, & Garner.

^^This^^ lets just get thru the UT visit. I'm still betting on AU

Hopefully we still feel good about him in three or four days then. Who is going to put ex-lax in his drink when he is on his visit?

My question is in which coaching staff does he feel the most comfortable? What about position coaches at AU, UA, and UTk? Which of those guys does he have the best relationship with?

My question is in which coaching staff does he feel the most comfortable? What about position coaches at AU, UA, and UTk? Which of those guys does he have the best relationship with?

He's consistently named CRG as the coach he's closest to.

It's a family decision. His parents have the best & most comfortable relationship w/ Garner.

Archived