2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

https://mobile.twitter.com/lanieradnews/status/692720119638720512

And to continue with the strange news of the morning, Kirby took a helicopter to see him today

I said earlier that Kirby was supposed to visit him today...

I just thought the helicopter was an interesting touch and worthy of mention

https://mobile.twitt...728682998267904

Denying he gave a top 3

Nobody ever said it came from him. It came from a source close to him. Apparently he gets very annoyed when people talk to sources or report what those sources think.

Also he's not denying there is a top 3. He RTed these.

Kipp Adams ‏@KippLAdams 33m33 minutes ago

Not being in the top 3 and being out of it are not the same thing. #UGA very much still in it for 5-star Derrick Brown as of now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/lanieradnews/status/692720119638720512

And to continue with the strange news of the morning, Kirby took a helicopter to see him today

I said earlier that Kirby was supposed to visit him today...

I just thought the helicopter was an interesting touch and worthy of mention

Coach Sumlin calls his helicopter a "swagcopter" He lands it at HS football games trying to create a scene.

From Keith Link

Notice he never said that WASN'T his top three.

That is what you call a non-denial denial.

Also notice, he RT'd my top 3 story.

Again, for the lurkers who can't comprehend -- we didn't say FINAL 3. We said top 3.

We stand by our reporting 100%.

https://mobile.twitt...720119638720512

Interesting how Kirby can take a helicopter (which, incidentally, means he had to get special permission to land it at a school), but there is a rule preventing Auburn from using a limo...

Interesting how Kirby can take a helicopter (which, incidentally, means he had to get special permission to land it at a school), but there is a rule preventing Auburn from using a limo...

Neuter Dame brought a whole ND equipment bus to one recruit's school. It's all about standing out I guess.

Neuter Dame brought a whole ND equipment bus to one recruit's school. It's all about standing out I guess.

Definitely... just funny that when Auburn tries to stand out, they make a rule against it.

Definitely... just funny that when Auburn tries to stand out, they make a rule against it.

I could be wrong but I think the rules are for different times. Pretty sure the AU limo thing was for the Spring summer evaluation period traveling across the state & Georgia to. I doubt rules would allow ND & UGA to do those things on a Spring/Summer trek as well.

I could be wrong but I think the rules are for different times. Pretty sure the AU limo thing was for the Spring summer evaluation period traveling across the state & Georgia to. I doubt rules would allow ND & UGA to do those things on a Spring/Summer trek as well.

Interesting. I had no idea that the rules were time based at all. If that's the case, Auburn needs to warm up the limo :)

I love every opportunity to neuter the mutts!

Interesting. I had no idea that the rules were time based at all. If that's the case, Auburn needs to warm up the limo :)

Nah! It takes too long to get from one place to the next. Flying the AU jet and a rental is the ticket. You just have to rent the right vehicle and pack the AU magnets.

Interesting. I had no idea that the rules were time based at all. If that's the case, Auburn needs to warm up the limo :)/>

Bammer should come up with a turd mobile. It could be similar somewhat in design like the "Oscar Myer," weenie mobile.

1,It would have a long, specially designed turd made of plastic that would be painted the color of a turd with doors that open up and down.

2. It would have "Big Al" head on top of the roof.

3. It would have an elephant trunk instead of a front bumper.

4. It would play the bammer fight song.

5. Of course, it would smell like an old raunchy turd.

6. Inside, the seats will be designed like a turd with a cut out where the bammer or future bammer could sit in somewhat comfort.

OK, I need to stop and give myself a break and go outside for some fresh air. I get tired easily these days with dealing with the chemo and all.

I would love for others to add to the post and make the turd mobile something special!

WDE & WDC

Doc

I am REALLY enjoying watching the UGA fans melt with this whole Derrick Brown recruiting deal. Gives me much pleasure.

I would have thought with the almighty defensive guru taking over, Georgia would be his leader. Instead, they're 3rd. How is this possible?

I am REALLY enjoying watching the UGA fans melt with this whole Derrick Brown recruiting deal. Gives me much pleasure.

I would have thought with the almighty defensive guru taking over, Georgia would be his leader. Instead, they're 3rd. How is this possible?

Relationships. Derrick & his family have the best relationship w/ Garner.

Don't sell Kirby short. He never got the credit because of Saban. He'll be a better recruiter than Richt. We're (AU) caught between two really great recruiters (Saban & Smart), which ain't good at all.

Don't sell Kirby short. He never got the credit because of Saban. He'll be a better recruiter than Richt. We're (AU) caught between two really great recruiters (Saban & Smart), which ain't good at all.

Completely disagree. Jury is still out over whether KS ends up being a good coach, but don't kid yourself, Saban is the real reason Bama keeps getting 5* defensive players. Maybe KS will be an elite coach, but no one knows that at this point. He might flame out like so many other first year coaches have - especially if Eason tanks (you never know, Eason hasn't proven himself yet and wasn't that impressive at the All-American game).

Completely disagree. Jury is still out over whether KS ends up being a good coach, but don't kid yourself, Saban is the real reason Bama keeps getting 5* defensive players. Maybe KS will be an elite coach, but no one knows that at this point. He might flame out like so many other first year coaches have - especially if Eason tanks (you never know, Eason hasn't proven himself yet and wasn't that impressive at the All-American game).

Tinman was only talking about recruiting. He did not say or imply KS would be a good or elite coach...And FTR KS is a damn good recruiter. He has landed 9 5*s in his career. You don't do that if you are not good no matter who the HC is. The assistants are the ones that develop the closest relationships on the trail.

http://247sports.com/Coach/Kirby-Smart-264/AllTimeRecruits

Couple of CBs for Brown to UTk.

Same guy who had KD to UT... I'll pass. Bleacher Report writer

Couple of CBs for Brown to UTk.

Same guy who had KD to UT... I'll pass. Bleacher Report writer

Just like the Auburn CBs (with the exception of KN), I don't think these guys have any real inside information.

Archived