2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

I was thrilled with our 2015 class. No school in the SEC had 19 total, 4 Star recruits. I love as much as anyone to get the 5 Star recruits, but am thrilled with all of the 4 Star young men we signed.

We signed 20 4*s & 1 5*. Bama signed 14 4*s & 6 5*s http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

It irks me to the limit to see Ole Miss do better than us with recruiting. We should never, ever, lose that recruiting war with Ole Miss.

Face reality Doc. This is not the Ole Miss of history. Hugh Freeze is legit & has the Rebs damn real. As long as Freeze is there the Rebs will consistently bring in top 10-12 recruiting classes.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thrilled with our 2015 class. No school in the SEC had 19 total, 4 Star recruits. I love as much as anyone to get the 5 Star recruits, but am thrilled with all of the 4 Star young men we signed.

We signed 20 4*s & 1 5*. Bama signed 14 4*s & 6 5*s http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

It irks me to the limit to see Ole Miss do better than us with recruiting. We should never, ever, lose that recruiting war with Ole Miss.

Face reality Doc. This is not the Ole Miss of history. Hugh Freeze is legit & has the Rebs damn real. As long as Freeze is there the Rebs will consistently bring in top 10-12 recruiting classes.

Those are nice facts for the weekend.

Granted we lost one to transfer, we should be in good shape heading into the next two seasons but need those results on field.

Getting Brown would definitely be acceptable if we miss on Gary. Obviously i would love to have them both join this class.

Acceptable. That is funny wording. Brown is a 5 star and the number 1 recruit in the state of GA this year. It is better than acceptable.

I think if we can have a top 12 class this year, we will be fine. I do think we will wind up with 2 to 3, 5 star recruits when the dust settles. If we get 3 total 5 star recruits and add some additional 4 star recruits in the areas of the most need, we could get in the top 5 classes.

Doc, I agree. I wish Ole Miss reverted back to their typical self.

the ncaa is in oxford right now.....is anything going to come of it?....who knows, but a former coach did got an 8 year show cause....the info is sparse and sketchy right now, but grapevine stuff says that its serious.....thinking back to the cam newton deal, the grapevine is provides much wrong info,too

the ncaa is in oxford right now.....is anything going to come of it?....who knows, but a former coach did got an 8 year show cause....the info is sparse and sketchy right now, but grapevine stuff says that its serious.....thinking back to the cam newton deal, the grapevine is provides much wrong info,too

"freeze is legit." "He ain't nuttin but a winnah" blah blah

"Your just jealous because freeze is cruiting so wale."

Perspective: if Derrick signs with us this will arguably be the best D line signing class in the history of Auburn football - for folks that don't know AU for decades meant world class defenses, that's saying something - but if we don't get Brown, this will probably still be the 4th year in a row we get a top 10 signing class. Come on down to the Plains Derrick!

Brown, Davis, Ant. Jackson, and Rice are all from Georgia and all could be headed to or enrolled at Auburn.

I wonder how Georgia feels about that.

They haven't faced the "let down year" after their surprising rise. Let's wait and see how the program handles that, now that they've tasted success.

Perspective: if Derrick signs with us this will arguably be the best D line signing class in the history of Auburn football - for folks that don't know AU for decades meant world class defenses, that's saying something - but if we don't get Brown, this will probably still be the 4th year in a row we get a top 10 signing class. Come on down to the Plains Derrick!

Not only are we looking at possibly the best DLine class in a very long time, maybe ever.

We also could wind up with arguably the best WR class we've ever had.

(Dead Horse Warning!!!)--> The biggest area we missed on this year was Linebacker!

Other than LB and QB, we appear to be in very good shape. Wouldn't hurt to add a little more depth in the secondary as well.

Not only are we looking at possibly the best DLine class in a very long time, maybe ever.

(Dead Horse Warning!!!)--> The biggest area we missed on this year was Linebacker!

Other than LB and QB, we appear to be in very good shape. Wouldn't hurt to add a little more depth in the secondary as well.

If opposing RBs get to the second level, we might be f#!$@d

Perspective: if Derrick signs with us this will arguably be the best D line signing class in the history of Auburn football

Not sure there. I would love to hear from the historians like Golf & Mikey on this, specifically where the DL classes of the mid 80s stand in relation.

They haven't faced the "let down year" after their surprising rise. Let's wait and see how the program handles that, now that they've tasted success.

Hard to have let down years when you follow it by getting super studs like Shea Patterson & Greg Little and maybe more.

No offense at all guys but can we get the class before we start talking about how great it could be?

No offense at all guys but can we get the class before we start talking about how great it could be?

Better yet -- how about we hold off on talking about how great a class is until we land them AND see them produce on the field?

Guys. This is what fans do this time of year. Relax.

Buuuuuurrrrrrnnnnn!

I didn't mean to be insulting. But if we completely disregarded potential in favor of waiting on results, then there would be no need for a recruiting forum. Heck, we'd barely be able to talk about half our football team. Also, endless statistical analysis shows that if we sign many very highly rated recruits then we have a better chance of one or more of them being productive college football players than if we only signed a small number if highly rated recruits or a large number of less highly rated recruits. As for not assessing the overall signing day value of the class until we've at least got the kids' commitments, that is foolproof from a purely pragmatic perspective. But it is not human nature to be purely pragmatic most of the time, particularly in a conversation with nothing riding on it. Not talking about possible outcomes in recruiting would be like buying a lottery ticket and not thinking about how you're going to spend the money before you win (actually, a recruiting conversation is far more frivolous).

Buuuuuurrrrrrnnnnn!

I didn't mean to be insulting. But if we completely disregarded potential in favor of waiting on results, then there would be no need for a recruiting forum. Heck, we'd barely be able to talk about half our football team. Also, endless statistical analysis shows that if we sign many very highly rated recruits then we have a better chance of one or more of them being productive college football players than if we only signed a small number if highly rated recruits or a large number of less highly rated recruits. As for not assessing the overall signing day value of the class until we've at least got the kids' commitments, that is foolproof from a purely pragmatic perspective. But it is not human nature to be purely pragmatic most of the time, particularly in a conversation with nothing riding on it. Not talking about possible outcomes in recruiting would be like buying a lottery ticket and not thinking about how you're going to spend the money before you win (actually, a recruiting conversation is far more frivolous).

Well stated!

Buuuuuurrrrrrnnnnn!

I'm very relaxed. For me it was a superstition thing as let's not jinx it before it happens.

Hard to have let down years when you follow it by getting super studs like Shea Patterson & Greg Little and maybe more.

True, but it's bound to happen. The injury bug hits everyone, eventually... ask Georgia... or Gus.

High Ellitor! I miss seeing your regular posts on the site. You are right about 93% of the time my Friend you are dead on accurate. The other 7% belong to the Doc. I do not see Ole Miss being a force on a continues basis. They will have a 9-3 type of season about every 3-4 years. Look for a drop off next season to around 7-5. I feel very confident about this. My intuition skills have become better and better over the past months.

I have a 3rd cousin whose last name is Brown and is a fortune teller and has been on TV for years. She is actually that good and is scary with how accurate she is with telling folks fortune and so forth. She has books about herself and her skills. She is a fine person with Christian values. I cannot nor do not have the right to question her claims.

Who knows, I might become a Christian fortune teller and do it for free! I am not nuts whatsoever and probably one of the sanest person alive. Hang on to that 93% and I will gladly take my 7%!!

High Ellitor! I miss seeing your regular posts on the site. You are right about 93% of the time my Friend you are dead on accurate. The other 7% belong to the Doc. I do not see Ole Miss being a force on a continues basis. They will have a 9-3 type of season about every 3-4 years. Look for a drop off next season to around 7-5. I feel very confident about this. My intuition skills have become better and better over the past months.

I have a 3rd cousin whose last name is Brown and is a fortune teller and has been on TV for years. She is actually that good and is scary with how accurate she is with telling folks fortune and so forth. She has books about herself and her skills. She is a fine person with Christian values. I cannot nor do not have the right to question her claims.

Who knows, I might become a Christian fortune teller and do it for free! I am not nuts whatsoever and probably one of the sanest person alive. Hang on to that 93% and I will gladly take my 7%!!

OM lost some key players to graduation or jail (just kidding in that Coach Freeze is a good guy and Christian man). I will hold close to my predictions about OM.

E isn't supposed to post if he's high.

Archived