2016 5* DT Derrick Brown (AU Signee 2/3/16)

RunInRed

Gotta love the paranoia that surfaces on NSD.

A few unfamiliar posters as well. Correlation or causation?

I just remember going through Yeldon, CK, Foster, Evans, Calloway, etc. on here as a regular poster...

All very different situations. All of those guys were Auburn vs. bama battles, and except for Cyrus, shady stuff was happening with all of them long before NSD. Brown hasn't been hanging out in Tuscaloosa, he hasn't been spirited away to another state, and he hasn't been making the coaches jump through hoops. He's just been quietly making his decision, and everyone who doesn't have a dog in the hunt, as well as our #1 insider, still thinks he's all Auburn.

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we don't get him there will be a meltdown about today being a failure. I have no doubt about that.

Depends. The day could turn out to be less than a reason for joy and delight. Our recent NSD experiences haven't exactly been happy hour. One great thing about this class is the nine early enrolee guys. There are some gems in that group. and they are already in the fold.

Gotta love the paranoia that surfaces on NSD.

A few unfamiliar posters as well. Correlation or causation?

I just remember going through Yeldon, CK, Foster, Evans, Calloway, etc. on here as a regular poster...

All very different situations. All of those guys were Auburn vs. bama battles, and except for Cyrus, shady stuff was happening with all of them long before NSD. Brown hasn't been hanging out in Tuscaloosa, he hasn't been spirited away to another state, and he hasn't been making the coaches jump through hoops. He's just been quietly making his decision, and everyone who doesn't have a dog in the hunt, as well as our #1 insider, still thinks he's all Auburn.

True. This year has been awfully undramatic...though NCM may change that slightly.

I fear the meltdown.....I hope there is no need.........

I think if we don't get him there will be a meltdown about today being a failure. I have no doubt about that.

Depends. The day could turn out to be less than a reason for joy and delight. Our recent NSD experiences haven't exactly been happy hour. One great thing about this class is the nine early enrolee guys. There are some gems in that group. and they are already in the fold.

Yeah, that's pretty much my point. Some folks won't even consider the EE's and only focus on the tv announcements. Shortsighted.

Also, even if we don't land Meyers, we still have one of the best receiver classes we've had since the Tubberville years.

What about Jayvaughn?

His ceremony is later. Check the prominent listing of times. They don't attend the same high school so there's a reason why they aren't coordinated, time-wise.

WTF is this? Auburn not even in Top 3 according to AJC...https://www.dawgnati...-of-signing-day

This is not looking good. Why would his Mother say that if not true? :dunno:/>

His DEPTH CHART top three would be GA, Bama, etc. Totally different than his actual favorite; at least that's how I read it. If you ask me, she's setting the GA fan base up for a world of hurt tomorrow by getting their hopes up. I think he's all AU

How would his "depth chart top three" not include his favorite? I'm confused.

Let's take a linebacker recruit choosing between us and Bama, for example. We might make his depth chart favorite for obvious reasons, but his actual favorite is Bama (for any number of reasons). Make sense?

Not if bama's not in his top three, which is what was stated.

In other words, he has a depth chart top three, which Auburn is a part of (because our depth offers early playing time) and then an overall top three, which may over lap some, but can conceivably exclude Auburn but favor Bama (who offers the chance to start as a junior). It's just a hypothetical example

WTF is this? Auburn not even in Top 3 according to AJC...https://www.dawgnati...-of-signing-day

His DEPTH CHART top three would be GA, Bama, etc. Totally different than his actual favorite; at least that's how I read it. If you ask me, she's setting the GA fan base up for a world of hurt tomorrow by getting their hopes up. I think he's all AU

Let's take a linebacker recruit choosing between us and Bama, for example. We might make his depth chart favorite for obvious reasons, but his actual favorite is Bama (for any number of reasons). Make sense?

In other words, he has a depth chart top three, which Auburn is a part of (because our depth offers early playing time) and then an overall top three, which may over lap some, but can conceivably exclude Auburn but favor Bama (who offers the chance to start as a junior). It's just a hypothetical example

That may be the true story, but it sure is a reach. Do we really think Mom is all into depth charts?

That may be the true story, but it sure is a reach. Do we really think Mom is all into depth charts?

I have no idea honestly. That's just how I read it at first because I don't believe for a second that Auburn went from supposed leader (according to nearly everyone) to out of his top three completely with no honorable mention. If she's anything like Gary's mom she might be privy to that sort of info, but who knows

There is some serious chatter right now w/ Brown & UGA. Also from a reliable source Derrick called both Bama & UT last night & told them they were out. AU or UGA at this point.

I think the Bams make up stuff sometimes just to see AU sites like this one squirm.

Do we really think Mom is all into depth charts?

Or maybe she has no idea what they are and slightly fumbled the retelling of something she heard somebody say. It's far too little for me to speculate on, personally. Especially since we only have to wait a very, very short time longer to find out.

to be clear... bol posters are the ones saying bammer gets DBrown. no mods have predicted DBrown to bammer.

not to say it won't happen... but it's just random people who claim to have inside information...

to be clear... bol posters are the ones saying bammer gets DBrown. no mods have predicted DBrown to bammer.

not to say it won't happen... but it's just random people who claim to have inside information...

what is bol?

add to the fact that UGA is reporting they are out of if with Brown...

I'm just trusting in the fact that Derrick really loves Garner. hopefully that will be enough to bring him home...

what is bol?

A dirty dirty website. :laugh:

what is bol?

Bama online. Message board.

I am saying we are out too. :) so. Now that all of his top 4 schools are out, whos in?

I'm just trusting in the fact that Derrick really loves Garner. hopefully that will be enough to bring him home...

Where did you see this? As of 45 minutes ago they were in the thick of it.

Where did you see this? As of 45 minutes ago they were in the thick of it.

junkyard...

To be fair, it was random posters, with inside information over there too...

Archived