New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

:poke:Hey Red. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is a wrench in his hand.........not a hammer :poke:/>

Not to worry RR.....real handymen know that a wrench makes a very good hammer.

Duck tape, baling wire and a pair of pliers is all a man needs to fix anything.

Maybe so, but according to my wife, she first needs to give me the directions how

Good note BB. Another diagnostic tool is a hammer. If the hammer doesn't fix it then you have an electrical problem.

Would that be considered a case of over engineering?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:poke:Hey Red. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is a wrench in his hand.........not a hammer :poke:/>

Not to worry RR.....real handymen know that a wrench makes a very good hammer.

Duck tape, baling wire and a pair of pliers is all a man needs to fix anything.

Maybe so, but according to my wife, she first needs to give me the directions how

Good note BB. Another diagnostic tool is a hammer. If the hammer doesn't fix it then you have an electrical problem.

Would that be considered a case of over engineering?

Then you should hit it a little harder with the hammer.

or get a bigger hammer

Yep ....back in the 1960s I recall a guy writing about his quality survey of a metal fab shop....he wrote: "they obviously do precision work because I did not see anything larger than a 5# maul in the shop".

More details emerge ...

On the backside of the video board there will be two smaller video screens that can be used for advertising, showing movies and even showing pregame or video footage of other games, etc. Each screen will be about the size of the one they took down.

CD8O748VIAAhCRq.jpg

"Each screen will be about the size of the one they took down."

My goodness, that's just silly!!!

Go BIG or go home!!

The size of the support structure is telling as to really how big this board is going to be!!

Im starting to understand the cost now. There is going to be (3) of those metal structures. This is a monster. Better to be safe than sorry, however if it ever blew off, maybe it would take out Haley center and we could redo it.

Im starting to understand the cost now. There is going to be (3) of those metal structures. This is a monster. Better to be safe than sorry, however if it ever blew off, maybe it would take out Haley center and we could redo it.

Wrong side of the stadium...unless it was a monster of an updraft. ;)

Wrong side of the stadium...unless it was a monster of an updraft. ;)

That thing would blow directly over my seats...which is not something I'd like to see on gameday. I want to see players flying around on the scoreborad, not the scoreboard flying around. Keep the updraft! I'd prefer the jumbotron stayed put. :hellyeah:

Are they going to cap those support structures with brick? That's a lot of ugly exposed steel.

Are they going to cap those support structures with brick? That's a lot of ugly exposed steel.

Me thinks you won't see the steel when you look at the screens that will be there

Me thinks you won't see the steel when you look at the screens that will be there

Not from the outside of the stadium.

Well, there's going to to be 2 video boards on the back side facing outside the stadium too. I'm sure they have a plan though it may not be immediate, I'm sure there's a plan in place (perhaps when they do the north endzone renovation.

Well, there's going to to be 2 video boards on the back side facing outside the stadium too. I'm sure they have a plan though it may not be immediate, I'm sure there's a plan in place (perhaps when they do the north endzone renovation.

Oh, cool. It would probably help if I looked more closely at the renderings to see the final look.

Oh, cool. It would probably help if I looked more closely at the renderings to see the final look.

I haven't seen any renderings of the "final Look" yet. I'm sure there are some concept drawing or something similar out there but I haven't seen anything that shows what the finished product will be like. It wasn't but earlier this week that we found out there would be video boards on the back side of this structure.

I haven't seen any renderings of the "final Look" yet. I'm sure there are some concept drawing or something similar out there but I haven't seen anything that shows what the finished product will be like. It wasn't but earlier this week that we found out there would be video boards on the back side of this structure.

Sounds like it is evolving....keep building more if the money is there?

Ok thanks. Haven't really had time to follow any threads since starting my new job. Sounds like it's going to be a colossal board. Just hope the clock works well on it.

Archived