New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

Would there be any room to seats in the endzone after the new scoreboard goes up?

If you're talking about additional seats. there will no more seats added there.

OK. No seats. How about a bungee jumping platform? :big:/>

Up here in the mountains zip lines are really popular. Bet the school could subsidize the cost of the project by setting up a zip line run from there to a couple places on the campus with tall structures. Zipping over the stadium would be quite a thrill.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like we are getting a great cam feed of the ground now. Someone must have knocked it down. I am over 1,300 miles away so I can't run over and fix it.

Looks like we are getting a great cam feed of the ground now. Someone must have knocked it down. I am over 1,300 miles away so I can't run over and fix it.

This ought to shine some light on the problem ...

;)

Weekend warriors constructing the video board supports at Jordan-Hare Stadium for @FootballAU.

image.jpg

@shannalo

This reminds me of the days I spent in freshman English watching the north end zone being built like it was an erector set.

Did I see someone wondering if it might be over-engineered?

If so, my observation is that a big project like this is often considered "over-engineered right up until the point there is a catastrophic failure and then everyone wants to know....why the idiot designer did not plan for those 150 mph winds. /..surely they must have known such a storm would come sooner or later.

I was living in Charlotte when Hugo hit the place with over 100mph winds.....who would have thunk it possible ?

Hurricane Ivan brought 90-100 mph tornadic and straight line winds to Lee County. Not out of the realm of possibility to see higher winds from another hurricane. I for one am glad they are over AU - engineering it!!

Amazing pix.....any word on when the Saturn V2 will arrive?

:poke:Hey Red. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is a wrench in his hand.........not a hammer :poke:

:poke:Hey Red. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is a wrench in his hand.........not a hammer :poke:

There's always one in the crowd ... ;)

:poke:Hey Red. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is a wrench in his hand.........not a hammer :poke:/>

Not to worry RR.....real handymen know that a wrench makes a very good hammer.

:poke:Hey Red. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that is a wrench in his hand.........not a hammer :poke:/>

Duck tape, baling wire and a pair of pliers is all a man needs to fix anything.

Maybe so, but according to my wife, she first needs to give me the directions how

There hasn't been this much steel rising in JHS south endzone since Larry Willingham swung the hammer in '69.

image.jpg

@PosingPlainsmen

So he was swinging his hammer, at a "Wench" to "69"

You guys have to keep this "G" rated.

There hasn't been this much steel rising in JHS south endzone since Larry Willingham swung the hammer in '69.

image.jpg

@PosingPlainsmen

You owe me a new keyboard for that one.

Personally, I've become a big fan of ty-wraps.

Ty-wraps are for guys that don't have the skills to use waxed twine. ;)

image.jpg

@PosingPlainsmen

Oh my! :)

image.jpg

@PosingPlainsmen

You owe me a new keyboard for that one.

Lol

Maybe so, but according to my wife, she first needs to give me the directions how

Good note BB. Another diagnostic tool is a hammer. If the hammer doesn't fix it then you have an electrical problem.

Archived