New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

Are they going to cap those support structures with brick? That's a lot of ugly exposed steel.

Me thinks you won't see the steel when you look at the screens that will be there

Not from the outside of the stadium.

Well, there's going to to be 2 video boards on the back side facing outside the stadium too. I'm sure they have a plan though it may not be immediate, I'm sure there's a plan in place (perhaps when they do the north endzone renovation.

Oh, cool. It would probably help if I looked more closely at the renderings to see the final look.

I haven't seen any renderings of the "final Look" yet. I'm sure there are some concept drawing or something similar out there but I haven't seen anything that shows what the finished product will be like. It wasn't but earlier this week that we found out there would be video boards on the back side of this structure.

Ok thanks. Haven't really had time to follow any threads since starting my new job. Sounds like it's going to be a colossal board. Just hope the clock works well on it.

That's part of it. They are updating the entire system with the clock and the audio too.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are they going to cap those support structures with brick? That's a lot of ugly exposed steel.

Me thinks you won't see the steel when you look at the screens that will be there

Not from the outside of the stadium.

Well, there's going to to be 2 video boards on the back side facing outside the stadium too. I'm sure they have a plan though it may not be immediate, I'm sure there's a plan in place (perhaps when they do the north endzone renovation.

Oh, cool. It would probably help if I looked more closely at the renderings to see the final look.

I haven't seen any renderings of the "final Look" yet. I'm sure there are some concept drawing or something similar out there but I haven't seen anything that shows what the finished product will be like. It wasn't but earlier this week that we found out there would be video boards on the back side of this structure.

I'm just curious...where did the information come from that there would be video boards on the outside of the stadium too? (other than this forum)

While in Auburn yesterday, I went by the stadium to get a first-hand view of the support structure of the new video board. The photos that have been shared in this thread are great and much appreciated, but one has to see this in person to truly comprehend the scale of the project. Even at this early stage, it is difficult to find the words to describe the size of the project. Gosh, I can only imagine what it will look like when complete.

It seems to me that the biggest video board in college needs to have a special nickname. Any ideas?

Mike

I wonder how much space this scoreboard will take up when ever we do add more seats to Jordan-Hare. I hope it won't cause any problems for that endzone.

Been lots of concern over the need for a new Clock. I heard a rumor that one has been donated to sit right over the center of the new screen. Supposed to be quite accurate.

NYC368664GZENZI-S1.jpg

German beer drinkers clock...should work out well for the student section.

While in Auburn yesterday, I went by the stadium to get a first-hand view of the support structure of the new video board. The photos that have been shared in this thread are great and much appreciated, but one has to see this in person to truly comprehend the scale of the project. Even at this early stage, it is difficult to find the words to describe the size of the project. Gosh, I can only imagine what it will look like when complete.

It seems to me that the biggest video board in college needs to have a special nickname. Any ideas?

Mike

Tiger Vision

Mike

Tiger Vision

I like it!

Mike

Tiger Vision

The name TigerVision is owned and trademarked by LSU

Mike

The "TigerTron"

"WeagleVision" Can I have royalties plz?

I like this one. Reminds me of Wonkavision from Willy Wonka.

Mike

Are suggesting we name the scoreboard Mike? Don't you think we could be a little more creative?

Mike

Are suggesting we name the scoreboard Mike? Don't you think we could be a little more creative?

Yes, call it MikeVision!

I think I know why they wanted to make it so big. Auburn has several astronauts in NASA and I'm sure they'd like to view the game from outer space. ;D

D'PlainsScreen

Been lots of concern over the need for a new Clock. I heard a rumor that one has been donated to sit right over the center of the new screen. Supposed to be quite accurate.

NYC368664GZENZI-S1.jpg

German beer drinkers clock...should work out well for the student section.

DAS BOOOOOOOT!

and....... we are now attaching a large horizontal assembly piece, with one end attached to the first column and the other end attached to the tower. When they lifted it into place, it looked to be about 10'-12' in width x 35'-40' in length.

Archived