New Scoreboard - Construction Progress

RunInRed

This morning they are putting another section on top that adds about 15'-20' to the height of the structure pictured above. They're getting up there now

It's good they can still "get it up"

It is good. The basic structure is almost as old you are, AU-24. Gettin' the structure up at age 76 is no, er, small thing.

Wait, I thought we were discussing 24, not me!

I think at age 76, it's got to be Mikey or Ironman. :)

Children at that age

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did I see someone wondering if it might be over-engineered?

If so, my observation is that a big project like this is often considered "over-engineered right up until the point there is a catastrophic failure and then everyone wants to know....why the idiot designer did not plan for those 150 mph winds. /..surely they must have known such a storm would come sooner or later.

I was living in Charlotte when Hugo hit the place with over 100mph winds.....who would have thunk it possible ?

As an Electrical Engineer myself, nothing can be Over-Engineered . ;)/>

Lessee here....5 volts at 500 milliamps. Grab that 4.0 copper over there. It oughta handle the load and any surges that might occur in this USB charger.. ;)/>

(Just poking fun. Better over engineered than under, that is for sure.)

Especially if you are sitting in the end zone underneath it.

Just hoping it was designed by an AUburn engineer.....that'll give me confidence to sit under it?

RunInRed posted today @, 03:01 PM

The first final rendering I've seen ...

CDs3mnfWoAApza1.jpg

RIR, Now THAT is a nice looking jumbotron. Keep those pictures coming.

I would like to see that rendering ... Panned out...

RunInRed posted today @, 03:01 PM

The first final rendering I've seen ...

CDs3mnfWoAApza1.jpg

RIR, Now THAT is a nice looking jumbotron. Keep those pictures coming.

Now do we really think the advertisements will stay that small? Here's hoping!

snapback.pngIronMan70, on Today, 11:50 AM, said:

This morning they are putting another section on top that adds about 15'-20' to the height of the structure pictured above. They're getting up there now

snapback.pngAU-24, on Today, 03:04 PM, said:

It's good they can still "get it up"

snapback.pngMikey, on Today, 03:29 PM, said:

It is good. The basic structure is almost as old you are, AU-24. Gettin' the structure up at age 76 is no, er, small thing.

snapback.pngDixie1860, on Today, 04:37 PM, said:

Wait, I thought we were discussing 24, not me!

snapback.pngAU-24, on Today, 04:56 PM, said:

I think at age 76, it's got to be Mikey or Ironman. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no experience with said affliction. I mean they don't call me the Ironman for nothing. ;D

Dang, I won't need to go to the games anymore, just sit on my condo balcony and watch it on the jumbotron.

I saw a map showing field of visibility reaching past Atlanta.

Dang, I won't need to go to the games anymore, just sit on my condo balcony and watch it on the jumbotron.

I saw a map showing field of visibility reaching past Atlanta.

If they tilt it back some, you could watch the games while orbiting the Earth.

Just curious but did they decide to replace the 20 watt Radio Shack audio system? Have not read much about that.

Also, with the size of that panel, I'm wondering why I have not read about plans to install a solar panel array to be used between games....we could provide all of the electricity needed for Lee County....or maybe the entire state of Alabama?

Just curious but did they decide to replace the 20 watt Radio Shack audio system? Have not read much about that.

Also, with the size of that panel, I'm wondering why I have not read about plans to install a solar panel array to be used between games....we could provide all of the electricity needed for Lee County....or maybe the entire state of Alabama?

Yes the audio system is being upgraded as well. Love the solar panel idea.

Well this morning they are putting yet another section on top of what they did yesterday. It is up there so high now you can't even see the top of it in the cam screen. We are going to the moon folks, haha.

Did I see someone wondering if it might be over-engineered?

If so, my observation is that a big project like this is often considered "over-engineered right up until the point there is a catastrophic failure and then everyone wants to know....why the idiot designer did not plan for those 150 mph winds. /..surely they must have known such a storm would come sooner or later.

I was living in Charlotte when Hugo hit the place with over 100mph winds.....who would have thunk it possible ?

As an Electrical Engineer myself, nothing can be Over-Engineered . ;)

Need I say more

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Opal

College of Veterinary Medicine will offer free, non invasive spay and neuter opportunities with a donation to the TUF beginning October 1st. :cool:

College of Veterinary Medicine will offer free, non invasive spay and neuter opportunities with a donation to the TUF beginning October 1st. :cool:

Bama fans get priority

Well this morning they are putting yet another section on top of what they did yesterday. It is up there so high now you can't even see the top of it in the cam screen. We are going to the moon folks, haha.

CDxurE1W0AA4_44.png

College of Veterinary Medicine will offer free, non invasive spay and neuter opportunities with a donation to the TUF beginning October 1st. :cool:/>

Bama fans get priority

That was a good one! Lol

Archived