New Orleans cop killed while transporting prisoner

cooltigger21

We have two different stories/cases here. The topic is today's shooting today of a cop by a prisoner in the back seat.

We have two different stories/cases here. The topic is today's shooting today of a cop by a prisoner in the back seat.

sorry. Thought that was obvious. The similarities are that both was able to grab a gun with their hands handcuffed behind their back while riding in a police cruiser. Both occurred in Louisiana too..

Well then. these Louisiana police departments need to review their SOPs for transporting prisoners. It should be hard for prisoners to obtain a weapon during their transport. Hence the reason for the handcuffs and the prisoners being transported in police cars.

sorry. Thought that was obvious. The similarities are that both was able to grab a gun with their hands handcuffed behind their back while riding in a police cruiser. Both occurred in Louisiana too..

I've seen people on episodes of Cops able to contort themselves where they can bring the cuffs under their legs and then to the front. Especially the skinny ones. Not unheard of. Makes it easier to grab the gun that way, no?

I've seen people on episodes of Cops able to contort themselves where they can bring the cuffs under their legs and then to the front. Especially the skinny ones. Not unheard of. Makes it easier to grab the gun that way, no?

If the backseat is compartmentalized, the contorting is pointless to reach a gun.

It has always been my impression that the back seat was completely separate from the front in police cars. Evidently that isn't always so.

I was going to say that I've never seen - or experienced - one that wasn't. ;D

Depends on funding for some departments or the normal use of the vehicle. Most do have a "glass".

The time I had to get in one in Cullman handcuffed while the policeman search my car, after being pulled over for a tail light it had glass. And it was very narrow back there. It sucked

The time I had to get in one in Cullman handcuffed while the policeman search my car, after being pulled over for a tail light it had glass. And it was very narrow back there. It sucked

You shouldn't have consented to the search. You voluntarily waived your fourth amendment rights. When I get pulled over, I won't even roll my window all the way down.

It has always been my impression that the back seat was completely separate from the front in police cars. Evidently that isn't always so.

if not put him in the trunk.

You shouldn't have consented to the search. You voluntarily waived your fourth amendment rights. When I get pulled over, I won't even roll my window all the way down.

True. At the time I was just 17 and scared. But even looking now say I tried that things go bad, I can end up dead then it's why I didn't cooperate, what did I have to hide? I'm sure you've seen the don't want problems with the police then don't break the meme's. Shouldn't be that way and it's not always that way but should I gamble it? Give up your pride and rights and live or get violated or humiliated and get your butt whipped or something worse

True. At the time I was just 17 and scared. But even looking now say I tried that things go bad, I can end up dead then it's why I didn't cooperate, what did I have to hide? I'm sure you've seen the don't want problems with the police then don't break the meme's. Shouldn't be that way and it's not always that way but should I gamble it? Give up your pride and rights and live or get violated or humiliated and get your butt whipped or something worse

You're right it shouldn't be that way. I'm not telling you what to do but as for me, I'm standing my ground. As a matter of fact, I keep an old con law textbook in my vehicle just in case I ever need it. When I was 19, I had my new car searched by a k9 unit just because I had two friends in the car. Now that I know what I know now, I wished that I never consented. Truth of the matter is that having a broken tail light is not probable cause for the cop to search your vehicle. Only one state, New Jersey, requires the police officers to announce that the defendants have the right to refuse a search of their car, so the citizens of the rest of the states may not know that they have the right to evoke their 4th amendment rights.

Watch this lengthy video if you have the time. I don't suggest putting a cop on the spot by putting the traffic stop on video but he is doing what I mean by standing your ground. https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=51&v=EUhRCsVSzYs.

Yeah I feel where you coming from but you're from my area (shoals) right? You know about Cullman? It's the equivalent to being pulled over in Pulaski tn. I was scared out of my mind.

The prisoner was handcuffed hands behind his back and somehow managed to get his hands free and then reach through an opening to get the officers gun. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/20/manhunt-after-new-orleans-cop-fatally-shot-by-suspect-was-transporting-reports/

something must have been wrong with the way the police car was setup to haul a prisoner.

You always get into the safety of the prisoner discussion, but somehow they need more than just handcuffs.

Yeah I feel where you coming from but you're from my area (shoals) right? You know about Cullman? It's the equivalent to being pulled over in Pulaski tn. I was scared out of my mind.

All my traffic stops were in Florence. I've yet to be stopped in Cullman but I do drive through Cullman quite a bit. I live in Gadsden now so I stop in Cullman when traveling to Florence.

It's pretty well known or I guess a common shared opinion you don't want to be an African American getting pulled over in Cullman at night

I'd think no one would like being pulled over by a cop, at night, or any time.

Archived