Driving while black

TitanTiger

I think his post is a reflection of having lived the life of an officer of the law. Do the job for awhile and come back to us in a couple of years.....

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think his post is a reflection of having lived the life of an officer of the law. Do the job for awhile and come back to us in a couple of years.....

Haven't you heard? Titan mandated that that isn't a requirement to be an expert on how to be a policemen. :laugh:

Haven't you heard? Titan mandated that that isn't a requirement to be an expert on how to be a policemen. :laugh:

Haven't you heard? Weegs mandated that it isnt requirement to be a woman to have an informed stance on abortion. :rolleyes:

Logic is hard.

This is the fourteenth thread talking about this crap.

How many "Obama sux" threads are littered throughout this forum?

(FTR, Obama does suck, I'm just making a point. Don't want people calling me a a libtard again.)

Well, that's it, folks. No more criticism of any job unless you happen to do it for a living. I imagine there's a cabal of Wall Street bankers somewhere that is ecstatic at the possibilities.

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. If I want to find an isolated case for amost anything controversial it's usually pretty easy to do.

But an isolated case of a cop buying a loaf of bread for a broke mother would be worthy of a 10 page thread in your eyes...

That's what you guys will never understand about folks like Cole and I. Its not isolated anymore when YOU OR YOUR FAMILY is the one in the crosshairs, the "statistic." You can talk about how isolated police brutality/ color of law crime is until you're blue in the face. There are real people affected by it, and we don't have to wait until the situation reaches "epidemic" proportions (whatever your subjective definition may be) before we do something about it.

we get it. You and Cole hate cops.

I don't hate any group of people, as I have zero collectivist inclinations. I do have a seething hatred for corrupt, power hungry sociopaths looking to exact revenge and out to prove how much of a he-man they are, and I despise a system that seems to seek these types out and perpetuates its own destructive cycle of death and mistrust.

Open invitation to come along Thursday as I celebrate my brother's 38th birthday, graveside. Just in case you might like to understand a different perspective with which you're fortunate enough to be unfamiliar a little better.

3qt0om.jpg

How is this funny? Power of life and death is in the tongue. But as a cancer survivor I don't see the humor at all. You should imagine getting told you have it by a doctor and then breaking that news to your family....I bet you don't crack a smile then

You could also imagine walking in the shoes of a minority.....especially in this area

The mere fact that you can't talk about a single care without people coming in and saying sarcastically get rid of cops, or black on black crime, all lives matter, this particular car was a white man so of course bring up a case of a black man....These are lumping all policemen together and not talking about a specific case. Since I've been on this board not ONE single person has bashed all policemen. We talk about THAT specific case that's posted.

You were a policeman, so you're inclined to give all them the benefit of the doubt apparently, I'm not. I have been constantly harassed since I was 12 years old and I'd walk to down town Florence to go to the comic book shop and Anderson's book store I'm not giving anybody the benefit of the doubt. I'm looking at actions

I'm not sure what the point of this thread is. If I want to find an isolated case for amost anything controversial it's usually pretty easy to do.

But an isolated case of a cop buying a loaf of bread for a broke mother would be worthy of a 10 page thread in your eyes...

That's what you guys will never understand about folks like Cole and I. Its not isolated anymore when YOU OR YOUR FAMILY is the one in the crosshairs, the "statistic." You can talk about how isolated police brutality/ color of law crime is until you're blue in the face. There are real people affected by it, and we don't have to wait until the situation reaches "epidemic" proportions (whatever your subjective definition may be) before we do something about it.

I don't hate any group of people, as I have zero collectivist inclinations. I do have a seething hatred for corrupt, power hungry sociopaths looking to exact revenge and out to prove how much of a he-man they are, and I despise a system that seems to seek these types out and perpetuates its own destructive cycle of death and mistrust.

Open invitation to come along Thursday as I celebrate my brother's 38th birthday, graveside. Just in case you might like to understand a different perspective with which you're fortunate enough to be unfamiliar a little better.

So I guess you won't be voting for Donald Trump?

I know you don't hate them but at the same time you seem to be willing to brand every LEO because of the actions of a small minority.

3qt0om.jpg

How is this funny? Power of life and death is in the tongue. But as a cancer survivor I don't see the humor at all. You should imagine getting told you have it by a doctor and then breaking that news to your family....I bet you don't crack a smile then

agree.

That dude usually pontificates into areas he has no life experiences. He gets owned all the time but always comes back for more.

Haven't you heard? Weegs mandated that it isnt requirement to be a woman to have an informed stance on abortion. :rolleyes:

Logic is hard.

Is it mandated that it is a requirement to be a woman to have an informed stance on the pain of childbirth?

Logic is hard.

Is it mandated that it is a requirement to be a woman to have an informed stance on the pain of childbirth?

Not analogous. We aren't talking about things that can literally only be known in a physical way. Nor are we talking about something that is amoral.

Abortion, and the proper use of force for police, are things that deal with right/wrong, prudent/imprudent judgment, responsibility, and morality. One does not need to be a woman to assess whether it is right, prudent, moral or responsible to kill a child in the womb. Neither does one need to be a policeman to assess the circumstances of a police encounter and be able to rightly speak as to whether a use of lethal force is appropriate.

I choose to ALWAYS give the benefit of the doubt to the person who chooses to put him/herself in harm's way to protect others.

Sight unseen, yes. I will tend to believe police if I don't know the officer or the person shot and killed if it's he said/she said type stuff. But not when I'm looking at video that shows what went down.

The mere fact that you can't talk about a single care without people coming in and saying sarcastically get rid of cops, or black on black crime, all lives matter, this particular car was a white man so of course bring up a case of a black man....These are lumping all policemen together and not talking about a specific case. Since I've been on this board not ONE single person has bashed all policemen. We talk about THAT specific case that's posted.

You were a policeman, so you're inclined to give all them the benefit of the doubt apparently, I'm not. I have been constantly harassed since I was 12 years old and I'd walk to down town Florence to go to the comic book shop and Anderson's book store I'm not giving anybody the benefit of the doubt. I'm looking at actions

If you made it back an forth from the comic book store very many times without having your comic book money or comic book taken from you, the law enforcement must not have been all that bad. I am not trying to pick at you or make lite of real police harassment, but I think we should never forget or fail to recognize the results of OUR law enforcement community. I know it is not perfect (because there are no perfect humans to choose from)but it is better than anywhere I have ever been.

Haven't you heard? Weegs mandated that it isnt requirement to be a woman to have an informed stance on abortion. :rolleyes:/>

Logic is hard.

Not analogous. We aren't talking about things that can literally only be known in a physical way. Nor are we talking about something that is amoral.

Abortion, and the proper use of force for police, are things that deal with right/wrong, prudent/imprudent judgment, responsibility, and morality. One does not need to be a woman to assess whether it is right, prudent, moral or responsible to kill a child in the womb. Neither does one need to be a policeman to assess the circumstances of a police encounter and be able to rightly speak as to whether a use of lethal force is appropriate.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but I think there are probably literal feelings associated with putting yourself in harm's way and knowing that someone may try to hurt you simply because you are wearing a uniform. This is only a guess on my part since I have never experienced it. I do, however, think that my analogy has some merit.

Haven't you heard? Weegs mandated that it isnt requirement to be a woman to have an informed stance on abortion. :rolleyes:/>

Logic is hard.

I agree with you to a certain extent, but I think there are probably literal feelings associated with putting yourself in harm's way and knowing that someone may try to hurt you simply because you are wearing a uniform. This is only a guess on my part since I have never experienced it. I do, however, think that my analogy has some merit.

But aren't there literal feelings associated with an unplanned/unwanted pregnancy? While I know how pro-choice people feel, do we not consider the ending of a human life something that transcends the boundaries of merely how the woman feels about it?

Logic is hard.

That's part of it, that I don't think any of you, unless you have been in LE understand.

Logic is hard.

cole, I don't and I'm not giving a blanket benefit of the doubt to all, except to say, I want the FACTS and evidence before i draw a conclusion. I know how media and LE haters will distort videos, and I know LEs have done it too. I'm gonna call it like I see it, the SC case is a clear cut example of a bad shoot. There are examples of both. Many on here and in the U.S. are drawing blanket conclusions about LE in general (1787 for example) and draw to the immediate conclusion that the officer did something wrong when a news story breaks. If an officer makes a mistake or actually out and out commits a crime, then the officer should be held accountable, no ifs, ands, or buts. It is WRONG to practically RUIN an officers career and life b/c assumptions are made about his use of deadly force, when in fact it was fully justified.

Titan, One doesn't need to be a policeman to assess, but when you haven't experienced having to use force or been trained in such, I think what you say about it doesn't carry a lot of weight.

How do you know how/when to escalate force?

What force is necessary to effect an arrest?

What is reaction time to draw a weapon?

It is a SPLIT SECOND decision that one has to make in the heat/height of a moment and then also be aware of surroundings. These are intense stressful decisions to be made when seconds don't matter. Delay of a split second could mean the death of a child, a mother, someone else, the officer, then he/she is crucified for not making that decision. You and others are digging a hole so deep for LE, that it could change the landscape of LE to come, as in making LE so incredibly difficult that no one is going to want to do it, making it easier on criminals, and thus increase in crime.

The use of force requires and gets a lot of training in LE circles. IT could be more and needs to be, but funding is limited as are the hours. The balance of pulling officers off the road for training and having enough on the road to manage calls for service is a tricky balance and one area many departments struggle with even with full numbers. If you never have, you should do a ride along sometime with LEO. I think if you did you could see this other side I try to articulate. It is not like what you think, it can be some time of "boredom", where you are doing nothing but checking buildings making sure John locked up his business, to 100% pure adrenaline b/c you found broken glass and heard someone inside the building or responding to domestic violence call (the most dangerous).

Look, I was shot at and over so many times in some areas where I worked I can't even count, only b/c police were in the neighborhood, even if we were there taking a report from a lady b/c someone stole her a/c unit from her house, thugs would fire shots, shot the sector unit car one time. I was shot in the line of duty, by the homeowner (ex-con who shouldn't have had a weapon in the first place) I was there to help. It is a miracle I'm alive, but I've had to live with that for the last 16 years. How it affected me (mentally and physically), my wife, you can't understand. I've arrested guys who broke into an old ladies house just to steal stuff to trade for crack, but instead of just taking it, he had to beat her up and sexually assault an 80 year old lady, I've rushed teens to the hospital b/c they drank too much moonshine, I've stood post at the crime scene where a child was stomped to death by a boyfriend, I've seen death, seen gangs shooting and kiling each other, seen the filth and nastiness of poverty, the scum of society preying on others, racism from both sides, and all in small town AL.

Things are messed up in America right now and hitting a slippery slope that could cause a societal collapse.

For every officer involved shooting I run across, there are at least five I read, and upon judging all the facts determine that it was at least reasonable for the officer to shoot. Guess I'll just have to start posting a thread on each one of those to satisfy the stupid accusation that I'm making blanket judgments.

You've got battle scars? Affected by this in a profound way? Join the club. Getting the phone call that my brother- a firefighter, spotless criminal record, business owner, held in the utmost regard- was gone forever because two cowards sent to his house by a wee little man with a personal score to settle shot him in his foyer, with his beautiful girls sleeping 10 yards away. That changed me. Hearing my mother's blood curdling scream when she got the news that still plays over in my head today changed me. Having to watch those precious little girls grow up without a father has changed me. Having to live in the same county, pay taxes, and the salaries of my brother's murderers changed me. Seeing a sheriff my family once held in high regard and considered a personal friend knowingly lie to cover for his men, and a kangaroo court grand jury clear them changed me. Not all cops are bad. I'll say it again, a little louder. NOT ALL COPS ARE BAD!!!!!! The system they work for, the system that offers blanket protection to honorable and dishonorable cop alike, however, stinks to high heaven. And until it sees wholesale changes, nothing will improve, and there will be no peace. That's not a threat, but a simple, logical observation.

You could also imagine walking in the shoes of a minority.....especially in this area

Living as a minority is no different than living as anyone else. It's all perception.

Living as a minority is no different than living as anyone else. It's all perception.

Please tell me you don't really believe this. Please tell me you're just seeking attention.

I'll just leave this here.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/03/15/many-conservatives-blowing-it-ferguson-doj-report/

Archived